PDA

View Full Version : Would you miss it?

Kate Simmons
01-03-2014, 10:13 AM
Suppose you finally decided to dress 24/7 and live as a woman or perhaps even go as far as transitioning. Would you miss being a man and doing "man things" ?:)

Jordan
01-03-2014, 10:17 AM
Not at all as I would love to be a female 24/7

bridget thronton
01-03-2014, 10:19 AM
Not much I think

kimdl93
01-03-2014, 10:32 AM
Would it necessarily mean that one could not do "man things" without presenting as a man? The man things I like to do really aren't gender specific...camping, hiking, hunting and fishing - look at Cabelas they've got everything a girl could want in sporting gear. I used to watch pro and college football - they're marketing jerseys to women now.

I guess I can't be both grandpa and grandma....but maybe that's just my limited imagination!

Barbra P
01-03-2014, 10:45 AM
As I write this I’m trying to think what those “man things” might be that I couldn’t also do as a woman, other than use a stand-up urinal and have sex as a man. Of course those two might still be available with just dressing 24/7. I’ve always thought that women actually get more pleasure out of sex than men do, although I’m not sure that post-op trans-women enjoy all the same sensations that GG’s do.

I’ve never held a job that couldn’t be done by a woman, in fact I’ve worked side-by-side with women, and even for women, in most places I worked. In the Sixties there were no Women Marines in combat, but that isn’t true anymore and I can’t say that I miss combat in the least. I rode with the first female police officer the city hired in the seventies; never have missed that foul-mouthed, super macho individual – always thought she was probably over-compensating for being a woman in what had always been a “man’s” job. Fishing, shooting, photography, motorcycles, reading, old movies, archery, building scale models, model railroading, painting (oils), and sailing are a few of the things I have enjoyed at one time or another and I don’t see any reason I couldn’t pursue any of those as a woman.

So I guess my short answer would be no.

Katey888
01-03-2014, 10:58 AM
Kate - I did ponder this for a short while, thinking: I could still do all the things I do as a guy - dress down when I'm doing stuff, and most of what we all do is actually gender non-specific. I don't think I'd miss those mundane man-things we do - in fact, I could keep doing most of them. But I know I would miss the 'organic' aspects, if you get my drift... that isn't in my makeup (no pun intended :heehee:) - and I would miss the excitement of doing something that is seen as 'wrong' and for me, presently, secret.
Other than that our society remains biased in favour of males, so why wouldn't I want to keep the ability to surf either channel as the feeling takes me? The only obstacle to that is the prejudice that remains for guys in dresses - and that is changing over time, to a degree.
Katey x

Desirae
01-03-2014, 11:51 AM
I honestly can't think of any profession, hobby, activity, etc that can only be performed by a man, with the exceptions that Barbra P stated about urinals and "man type" sex. I think around the world, if you look,there are many women performing traditionally male-oriented activities and jobs. And if there isn't a woman somewhere doing some specific "male" job or activity, it's most likely due to laws or societal norms that keep them from doing it, not the woman's inability to do those tasks. So, I'd have to say no to the OP's original question. I wouldn't miss anything about being a man or doing "man things".

Bria
01-03-2014, 12:06 PM
If I suddenly was not a man I would miss that because that is how I identify,. As others have stated the "man things" is not an issue. I drive race cars, so does my youngest daughter, quite well I might add, so I don't see that you could not continue to do all of those "manly things" just as before. Bria

Melissa_59
01-03-2014, 12:09 PM
As long as I'm living in a Western country (US, Canada, etc) I wouldn't miss being a guy at all. I don't really do a lot of the specific "guy things" out here in west Texas, like getting blind drunk and running people off the road with your pickup truck - I don't even own a pickup truck, or hooting for the Cowboys (hate the NFL, love to watch college football though). Most of the things that were once considered "guy things" are no longer male-only, honestly, unless you count stupidity in that rank. And to be quite frank there plenty of stupid people from both sexes around. Guys just do a lot more destructively-stupid things from the evidence I've seen. If you don't believe me go look up those "prank" videos on Youtube some time. Most of them are just purely stupid and mostly mean to other human beings.

I'm one of those "one wish" people though, and I wouldn't miss being a guy at all. I can't honestly think of much that a guy can do that a gal can't do as well these days. Women can hold political office in Texas, which is more than I can do - I'm atheist, and that legally bars me from ever running for political office in this state. Of course that would bar me regardless of sex.

Stephanie47
01-03-2014, 12:28 PM
I would concur with many of the other responders. There isn't much that I have done in life that a women hasn't done with the exception of combat in Nam. I've said in the past, if I wasn't born a man, I wouldn't mind being a woman. I've been able to dress 24/7 when my wife took trips. It was relaxing to be fully en femme and even venture outside. However, dressing 24/7 at that time lacked interaction with society. I don't think many men, who are just cross dressers and not transitioning, would find the experience relaxing. There is too much baggage thrown our way by society to enjoy the experience. I enjoy my time as a man. I enjoy my time as a man wearing the clothing of a female. Realistically I've never seen a cross dressing man fully engaged in society. That's over sixty years of looking.

AnnieMac
01-03-2014, 12:28 PM
I have to be honest, I think I would miss it a little bit. I have such a dual nature, equally female and male. But if I had to choose, I probably would lean towards female.

Lorileah
01-03-2014, 12:29 PM
not so far.

PaulaQ
01-03-2014, 12:35 PM
No I would not miss it. I would rather jump off a very tall bridge than be a man again. I hate being a man. I hate the man I used to be. Good riddance!

NathalieX66
01-03-2014, 12:39 PM
I'm always on the fence with this question 24/7/365.

I've gotten pretty active in the transgender community, and have many friends transition.....some exquisite and flawless, others not so.

I really don't have a desire to change the gender on my driver's license or passport, or have a new name on my tombstone. As long as I can get on a plane dressed as female, that's all I care......So far so good.

I like me. I still can't figure out which part of me is the essential me, so I'll stick with the dual-gender/Bi-gender role, whatever you call it, and until the day I feel the need to settle on one place, I'll just be like my first sentence on the top of my post.

Vanessa5
01-03-2014, 01:37 PM
I would miss my family (wife,kids). I don't have any friends so that is non issue. I believe I would enjoy being female 24/7 though.

jennloves55
01-03-2014, 01:38 PM
No. My whole life I wished I had been a woman.

Helen_Highwater
01-03-2014, 01:47 PM
As we discuss mannerisms etc all the time I'm assuming that the question implicitly implies that you would behave as a woman so yes I would miss some things. GG's socialize differently. I like going to the pub for a bit of man banter which is different from woman's banter. The conversation is structured differently. I agree in the main about jobs, but I doubt that a regiment of GG's would have yomped across the Falklands carrying full packs plus additional ammo and then fought a pitched battle as effectively as their male colleagues. Nature decided generally men would be more suited to fighting. It's in the genes. I know this sounds a bit macho but I know there are guys doing jobs far too physically demanding for me to be capable of doing.

As the french say; vive la différence. And if you think about it, if there wasn't a difference, what would be the attraction?

Paula DAngelo
01-03-2014, 02:16 PM
Outside of work, and a few other very rare times I do dress and live as a woman, so far there isn't anything that I can say that I miss.

Beverley Sims
01-03-2014, 02:22 PM
I still do the man things anyway.
I wear sunglasses at the beach. :)

Kate Simmons
01-03-2014, 02:49 PM
I threw the phrase "man things" in there as it means different things to different people. For myself, other than the physical plumbing there is nothing "male" or "female" as far as I'm concerned. I do what I need to do to get things done. Society has it's own definition of what "male" and "female" is, I'm just myself and how I look is based on choice.:)

Claire Cook
01-03-2014, 02:53 PM
Yeah, there are things I'd miss .. like shaving my face, being an insensitive guy, having to shop for drab clothes in the men's department, trying to be a alpha male ....

felix.samora
01-03-2014, 03:09 PM
I would probably miss getting dress up to go out in 10 minutes. When you are a woman it can take a while!

Joanne f
01-03-2014, 03:32 PM
Nope as I would be a tomboy and I believe women can do most things a man can do ( notice I said most ) :heehee: but then I could do some things a man can't do :heehee: I will leave the imagination to you :eek:

JustWendy
01-03-2014, 03:35 PM
I agree with most of the people here - I can't think of anything important to me that I couldn't do presenting as a women full time. I like to walk for exercise and it's not like I'd be forced to do it in a skirt and heels. In many ways, life would be a lot simpler - maintaining a single wardrobe, not having to change back and forth all the time, and not worrying if I missed something.

Wendy

robindee36
01-03-2014, 03:52 PM
My existence is a balance of male and female. Sort of an androgynous CD's version of Yin and Yang. Never 100% female (Yin) or 100% male (Yang) at any given time, always a little of both. The dominant part depends on being dressed or in drab and the company present.

Not awfully complex, but one could not survive and thrive without the other.

Hugs, Robin :bunny:

Tina_gm
01-03-2014, 03:59 PM
Yes, I would miss it. At some point I imagine many CDers think about or wonder about being 24/7 and or what it would be like to actually be a woman. I know I have. If say there was this choice from the powers that be, you have to dress only one way or another.... the knee jerk reaction would be (for me) to dress as a woman. But, that is likely because I do not dress frequently, or at least for long periods of time. For us who dress for an hour or so here and there, or maybe the once a week outing, those are fun, we get a euphoric feeling, or at least a far different sense of relaxation or excitement from it. Equating that feeling, sure. But that feeling would vanish quick once it became 24/7. So, say if it was THE choice and it had the ONLY implications, I would really have to think about it. And, that would only be IF society would be ok with it. No issues with family, friends, wife, kids. If it was THE choice and I would have to deal with the discomfort of others, the being stared or gawked at with frequency, then no thanks.

I would definitely miss some of the male bonding and certain feelings I do get when in a more masculine mode. Even though as many others have said, which is true, it is not a matter of what I would actually be doing. I could play golf as many women do. For me, when I play, I enjoy the bonding and camaraderie, the ego, the competitiveness, the trash talking goating etc etc. Same with playing poker. Women do play, but there are differences typically. I would miss that. I would miss being able to be up and ready in just a few minutes time. I would miss wearing formal suits to formal occasions. And they are still far simpler than formal women's wear.

Tina955
01-03-2014, 04:23 PM
I can't think of a thing I would miss. Always felt a little different and physically inferior to most males, since I have always been skinny. Always envied girls and women not only for their clothing, but also their freedom to show any and all emotions. This is just my view, but in general women seem to be able to enjoy life more than men. Again that is thru my eyes. Maybe it is because I have never felt comfortable being a man. Even after getting married and having two children, I just felt like I was doing it all for societies acceptance.
If there is such a thing as reincarnation, and I am born with junk between my legs, I will strangle myself with my own umbilical chord lol.

Tina

JessicaMN
01-03-2014, 08:15 PM
I would definitely miss it. I loving both halves of me

Georgina
01-03-2014, 08:29 PM
Yes I would miss it. The consensus here seems to be that anything to do with men is bad. I don't agree. There are good guys in the world just as there are evil women. Since I love wearing female clothes I know I have a better appreciation of them as a man.

SilkeeLegs
01-03-2014, 08:47 PM
To be honest I really don't think I would miss it. I LOVE my crossdressing and I really think I would be ok with it 24/7

Lilly Street
01-03-2014, 09:04 PM
To be honest I really don't think I would miss it. I LOVE my crossdressing and I really think I would be ok with it 24/7

For sure I'd miss it, but if I had to choose to be either male or female for the rest of my life, and no dressing, I'd stick with being male. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy dressing up, it satisfies me on multiple levels including just being able to relax (seemingly, more relaxed while dressed.) Thankfully, I don't have to stop dressing.

samanthasolo
01-03-2014, 09:14 PM
Yes! Getting dressed is a labor of love for me, I would not want to ever be a 24/7 girl. It would probably be a lot more labor intensive and the novelty would certainly wear off.

mikiSJ
01-03-2014, 09:24 PM
My therapist asked me the same thing. I like wood working and always want to build a small rowing/sailboat. I worked in a boatyard when I was a teenager and really enjoyed. I told her I would have to give up my dream of building the boat if I transitioned; she said "Why!" and I didn't have a good answer.

LoriFlores
01-03-2014, 09:31 PM
Suppose you finally decided to dress 24/7 and live as a woman or perhaps even go as far as transitioning. Would you miss being a man and doing "man things" ?:)

No! Never!

LaraPeterson
01-03-2014, 09:33 PM
Absolutely not--I'd love to do everything as a full-time woman.

cindyinsatin
01-03-2014, 09:43 PM
Of course I would miss it! As several others have stated here…being fem 24/7 could be very consuming. My dressing en femme is definitely a ying to a yang. I completely enjoy being a guy and would find many things difficult it I were dressed in my feminine garb (woodworking, gardening, cooking..etc.) But, when some 'down' time presents itself, I love to dress up and usually very feminine…skirts, heels, jewelry, perfume…etc.

Adriana Moretti
01-03-2014, 11:40 PM
luckily all the things I love to do as a guy...women do too.... the sports i play...and music and art my other 2 passions.....not much difference in my male and female side....and watching football just means throw on some short shorts and a half shirt LOL.

Daphne Renee
01-04-2014, 01:56 AM
would I miss being a man? I doubt it . I can think of very few things I do now that a woman couldnt do. so not doing "man things" would not be a big deal to me

suchacutie
01-04-2014, 02:14 AM
My two gendered selves are very different. I just spent the last 8 years figuring out how my two selves make up the whole. What I've been delighted to find is that I love and need both parts of me. I am not about to let anyone take either of those selves from me.

Aprilrain
01-04-2014, 08:37 AM
i miss nothing from my old life.

If so many CDs would prefer being female then why aren't you becoming who you'd prefer being?? Don't say job, family, or other social circumstances, You don't think every TS faces those very problems??

The reason why you are not transitioning is because you do not suffer from gender dysphoria or at least not to a degree where you have to do something about it. Being female isn't about what activities you would or could still do, its something you either are or you aren't.

BOBBI G.
01-04-2014, 10:05 AM
As Kindell stated, The grand kids could be my only problem. I am transgender, but they live out of state so I rarely see them. They are both at or near adulthood, so will probably be accepting of my life choice. Other than that, EVERYTHING I do can and is done by the rest of us women, quite admirably too.

Bobbi

5150 Girl
01-04-2014, 10:28 AM
Well as I alluded to in another thread, I think of myself as a miss-assigned lipstick lesbian, and yes there is a "bull dike" inside as well... If I could I would fully transition in a heartbeat.... We all need to do dirty work from time to time. For those times when a dirty job needs done, as a GG would also do, just set aside the lipstick for an afternoon, and let butch do her thing.....
That's why God gave us sports bras and pony tail holders!

Kate Simmons
01-04-2014, 10:56 AM
Seems to me that even after transitioning, some folks have a lot of pent up anger to vent basically telling the rest of us: "I had the guts to do it and you didn't". I get that but to me the real challenge is being yourself regardless of situation or opportunity because in the end, we are the ones who really have to live with our choices no matter what they are.Cosmetic surgery only changes the physical part not the inside person.:)

Sissy_Michelle
01-04-2014, 11:16 AM
Suppose you finally decided to dress 24/7... Would you miss being a man and doing "man things" ?:)

"man things", ? Like standing to go to the latrine? Going into the men's locker room at the gym? Enjoying a glass of scotch and a fine cigar as you watch two beautiful strippers wash your Harley? Or perhaps going to the Doctor's office for an exam?

I am sure someone out there will say "Other than giving birth, what can a "man" do that I cannot?" That is an argument you'll never win so just give up. I knew deep down that I should have born a girl, just that I was given a boy's body. Hair and all. I feel that anything that I would do now as a "man" I would do as a girl just as well and have the same amount of fun.

I guess I wouldn't miss the hiding all the time.

Erica Marie
01-04-2014, 11:21 AM
My answer is

"NOPE"

I realize being the way I am almost anything a guy can do a female can do. The more I think about it the more I notice the things that women have in common with me. I see many work construction, operate heavy equipment, play sports, hunt and fish. And most of them do it looking alot prettier than Ill ever be.

CarlaWestin
01-04-2014, 11:23 AM
Robin, I like your take on this subject. I could live like that.

Gosh, somebody would still have to fix stuff. And, my wife not only cooks way better than I do but, her wardrobe looks more male or generic than mine. I would love to just carry on status-qou but with breast and butt/hip implants and wearing a nice tight corset. Yep, Carla's out in dreamland again!

Cheryl T
01-04-2014, 12:29 PM
Not at all. I can do most anything I do male as a woman and would enjoy it as much or more.

robindee36
01-04-2014, 02:55 PM
Carla, I second your feeling about that corset. Just got my first one recently and I love it. Now I have (developing of course) feminine contours under male cloths. I just love the way it 'moves' stuff around to improve cleavage and present some hip curvature. Just an additional layer of androgyny I suppose but I dare not stray too far from the thread theme. Or else ;)

Hugs, Robin :bunny:

kathrynt21
01-04-2014, 02:59 PM
No. Not for a minute.

rocval2001
01-04-2014, 06:13 PM
I concur with most here. Other than my son and wife there is nothing I would not miss. I so much prefer womens clothing to mens I feel like me when I wear them. I have always felt out of place in the male world. Besides there is very little [if anything] that a women cannot do that a man can. I hire out plumbing & electrical any ways.
Hugs
Valerie

EmilyS
01-05-2014, 08:40 PM

I've thought about this a number of times and it comes down to the fact that a woman can do just about everything a man can do. So no I don't think I'd miss it.

Emily

Diane Edwards
01-30-2014, 10:45 PM
No, I wouldn't miss anything. The few opportunities I've had to live full time as Diane (a few months at a time) have been liberating, not constraining. As I've said more than once in the forum, I miss being Diane when I'm "Dave" but I don't miss Dave when I am Diane.

Erica Anne
01-30-2014, 11:00 PM
I have pondered that question most of my adult life. I would not miss being a man. I can do the same tasks as a woman as I can as a man (except for heavy lifting, I had difficulty with it now as I get older. I do not have any children. Sure it would have been great to have kids, but life choices has left me without. I would not miss dating women either since I would still be doing that. To answer it bluntly, I would not miss it.

Jennifer S
01-30-2014, 11:02 PM
Not at all. Most of my time spent as a man feels like acting. I'm just playing a part. When I'm dressed is when I'm myself.

MissTee
01-30-2014, 11:15 PM
Without a doubt, yes. I need male me as much as I need Misty.

Manwithabra
01-30-2014, 11:22 PM
Absolutely. I like me, and so don't really want to change anything about me. Granted, I have entertained the idea of transitioning, but I knew I would miss being me if I did. It wouldn't feel like me because, well, I know I'm supposed to be male. Yeah, I CD but that doesn't mean I want to do it full time.

CarleyR
01-30-2014, 11:30 PM
I would miss the excitement of doing something that is seen as 'wrong' and for me, presently, secret.

For those of us for whom CDing is an occasional thrill, I think that is true.

Taylor Ray
01-30-2014, 11:51 PM
I would miss flirting with the ladies. Once they find out what I do on the weekends they usually downgrade me to "non-relationship material". But the flirting and initial dating is a hoot!

Jorja
01-31-2014, 12:16 AM
Its been over thirty years now and I do not miss anything about being a man at all.

heatherdress
01-31-2014, 12:33 AM
I would crossdress - dress in drab man clothes. It would be exciting. I could wear boring man clothes, ugly shoes, baggy underwear. I hope I wouldn't be outed.

Amanda M
01-31-2014, 04:20 AM
Had to really thinkabout this. About the only really man thing I used to do was to hunt. I know ladies do that too, though. I stopped that years ago, simply because I shot a hare badly, and he suffered. I went home, the freezer was full of food, as was the fridge. I just thought "Why the Hell did I kill that little animal?" Never hunted since. Anything else i do any girl can do so miss it - no.

njcddresser
01-31-2014, 04:53 AM
Great question. Though I'm new to dressing my feminine urges and desires are so strong I think I could do it. Would love to have nice breasts and a curvy waist.

Would love to be able to dress 24/7. Alas I know that won't happen. LDL just have to enjoy the time I can be a woman which fortunately is pretty often.

TessInJxn
01-31-2014, 02:36 PM
I don't think I would miss "it." But, as I tell my therapist, I don't think there are "man" things and "woman" things. I have four sisters, and we all grew up doing the same things. Obviously, I do consider some things to be more traditionally female oriented form a societal perspective. But, most of the things I do in the day have no gender. And, as far as not doing "man" things after I transitioned to live as a female, why would I have to stop? Just yesterday, I had to replace a busted pipe in my back yard. I suppose many would consider that a "man" thing. I would've still done if I were living full time as a woman, though.

traci_k
01-31-2014, 03:01 PM
Can't think of much except camping with my son and his Boy Scout Troop. They haven't got hip to allowing transwoman leasders - yet.

Otherwise I'd prefer 24/7/

Hugs,

Barbara Jo
01-31-2014, 03:36 PM
We are all creatures of habit and you are bound to miss certain things at first.

However, keep in mind that even born females often do "manly things" at times and it's perfectly acceptable.

MsVal
01-31-2014, 03:38 PM
Some times a deep, booming, commanding voice, an authoratitive posture, and the look of a tough guy can get things done faster and easier. I believe that would be hard to pull off with makeup, miniskirt and 6" heels.

Being small of frame, I never could pull off the tough guy thing, so with me it's a moot point.

Best wishes

Annaliese
01-31-2014, 04:31 PM
No because, I would still like to hunt, go ride my horse, work on my cars. Nothing would change but my body would now match with who I am, a woman. I would go hunting as a woman, work on cars as a woman. I would be able to shop as a woman and that would enjoy.

Nadine Spirit
01-31-2014, 05:00 PM
Yes I would miss it. I like being in the middle. I don't want to be at either end of the spectrum.

Anita S
01-31-2014, 05:29 PM
I think I'd miss it, keep in mind that I've never been in public en femme, my other hobbies are not what you would call feminine.
Motorcycles, 4x4's converted to snow driving, making something out of raw steel.... the list goes on.

I'm not saying women can't do these things, but here, an overwhelming majority is male......and most of my friends are bikers, I don't know how they would react, and I'm rather afraid to find out

AltairaMorbius
01-31-2014, 05:56 PM
Oops I thought you ment the other thing.... No I would not miss doing guy stuff or my little buddy for that matter.

Cheers,
Amy