PDA

View Full Version : Back from the shadows

Jackie7
01-03-2014, 05:05 PM
And today I'm returning to dressing en femme at home at least some of the time, after a six week absence. When we holidayed in Vegas during November, I could and did dress up every day for all day and evening, had a blast. Then when we went to the Grand Canyon, I slipped on an icy walk and broke my wrist, what a bust! With a cast above my elbow plus the usual round of holiday travel and visiting, I've not had the will nor the urge nor even the ability to dress up pretty. Today I got a smaller cast on my arm, we're snowed in, and it seemed perfect to check back in with this aspect of myself.

I showered and shaved (ahhh first real solo shower in a while), wriggled into a Rago OBG body briefer with built-in bra, added a slinky black slip, breast forms and my best wig, and painted my toenails. After the polish dried I managed my stockings mostly one-handed though had to ask my sweetie to do the third garter in back. Topped off with my fave new Bettie Page dress, for an at-home evening of TV, emails and chat.

Six weeks is a long time away for me, I didn't miss dressing nor yearn for it while I was gone, but I am having fun being back in my femme closet today. What happens for you when circumstances force you away for a time? Do you think about it and miss it, or was it a switch that turned off and on? Did your dress-up habits change after the layoff? Anyway here's a snap.

RADER
01-03-2014, 05:14 PM
I like the dress, you look great.
Rader

Beverley Sims
01-03-2014, 09:16 PM
I believe other events occupy our minds and take us away from dressing.
A new girlfriend, car, and plaster casts.

You obviously did not purge, that usually happens with new girlfriends. :)

stephNE
01-03-2014, 09:40 PM
Hi Jackie, I'm glad you are ok, and happy to see you back. Take care of yourself. S <3

LaraPeterson
01-03-2014, 10:37 PM
Hi Jackie, sorry to hear about your accident but certainly glad your back in your girly stuff. I took a break of about 4 months earlier this year and it was miserable. I missed it--and that ain't gonna happen again.

Diane Smith
01-04-2014, 12:28 AM
You look great! You need to find an artistic friend to paint something girly like flowers or butterflies on that cast! :)

- Diane