PDA

View Full Version : My real voice is back

Peggie Lee
01-04-2014, 12:45 PM
A new voice heard
Growing up as teenager with a higher pitched voice than my peers would always cause someone around me to make a joke about it. when answering the phone I would be mistaken for my mother later on for my wife, I took voice training to lower my pitch. The training worked and for the last 30 years I have sounded like any other man but now I want my old voice back. I saw a voice trainer and she gave me practice lessons to do every day and in about 3 months I have raised my pitch 1 octave. I bought EVA /Breathe and EVA/Pitch to help me practice (they were a big help).
Raising your voice can be done, it takes effort and time but the results are worth it.
I now may look like a "linebacker in drag " but I at least don't sound like one.

Love to you all

Rylee :thumbsup:

kimdl93
01-04-2014, 01:05 PM
That's great to hear. I have heard of the Eva voice aps, but was waiting for a review.

Angela Campbell
01-04-2014, 01:25 PM
I have used Kathe Perez' 30 day course. Decent results but I still need more practice.

Kaitlyn Michele
01-04-2014, 04:16 PM
Great job!!! I'm glad this is working out for you!

TeresaL
01-04-2014, 04:29 PM
Yes, it is absolutely possible to train a male voice so it passes for female. It definitely should be a high priority in our transition goals, either on the phone or in social life. A personal coach is ideal. VA therapists, universities, voice/music coaches, and transgender clinics are good resources to explore. I have obtained reasonably good coaching from VA speech therapists.

My transgender voice training from the VA clinic has helped me to identify the female resonance and pitch, while teaching me to use voice inflections, patterns, tempo, and words iin a female manner. They've also addressed female space, hand gestures, posture, eye contact, and basic actions that female used. Feedback has been more valuable than I ever could have imagined.

hannahbear
01-04-2014, 07:00 PM
glad to hear that! :)

bas1985
01-05-2014, 02:39 AM
wonderful! As in the book: "Women are from Venus, men from Mars", we have to let this "Venus" come out... and Venus is a very "chatty" planet :). In this case quantity is equal important to quality, use a lot of words, talk with the right brain, use less rational logic and more emotional in your speech, and the voice will also change. What you say will influence HOW you say.