PDA

View Full Version : Are you a different driver when dressed?

AnntoAnn
01-04-2014, 07:01 PM
My wife got a call this morning to meet up with a friend for lunch and a drink. So asked me if I could drop her off in town and pick her up later. When she asked I was fully dressed (I was up before her) my plan was to catch up with some office work at home while dressed. Not wanting to change back to drab she said just go as I am. Normally she drives if Ann is out as well. So I took her in to town and then later in the dark picked her up. On the way back she commented that I drive so differently when I am Ann behind the wheel, a much more relaxed driving style. I always drive in flats (tried heels but does not feel safe!) if anybody is asking.

After giving it a thought I do change my driving style so as not to attract attention, but there is one thing I love to do is burn some spotty youth up at the lights when they think it's a woman behind the wheel :D I do have a very fast big car so it has to be done!!

So my question is, does anybody else drive differently when dressed?

KayleeTaylor
01-04-2014, 07:06 PM
Ever since I embraced my real self, I have been a very different driver. I used to be such an aggressive driver, now I am more calm and relaxed, my driving has improved greatly as I am more cautious and I have gained about 10mpg!!!

RenneB
01-04-2014, 07:16 PM
Very much so.... I drive much slower, that is to say, closer to the speed limit... slightly over but only a couple of miles over. Also, when coming up to stop lights, I make sure that my windows don't line up with adjacent cars and give my self enough wiggle room to move up a little if some one starts staring.....

Renne.....

anna kate
01-04-2014, 08:03 PM
Yep, didn't know my Mustang could go so slow. Don't push the yellow light either. Have resisted blowing the kids away at the lights... so far.

CarlaWestin
01-04-2014, 08:13 PM
I drive very calm anyway. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgNMFA2ulQc&feature=youtube_gdata_player)

AnntoAnn
01-04-2014, 08:16 PM
Thanks Carla for the link to "Groundhog Day" Lol, one of my favourite films.

josrphine
01-04-2014, 08:18 PM
Hi AnntoAnn, Yes I find I do drive different, an yes I have a fast car Saab turbo.. Like you said they see me as a older women an play there little game.. The look is great when you leave them in the dust.. JO

Eryn
01-04-2014, 08:26 PM
I probably drive differently since I really don't want to have any conversations with John Law.

However, I think that it may have had an overall positive effect on my driving as the frustration I felt before I started to dress regularly often bled over into other aspects of my personality.

Edm_Jamie
01-04-2014, 08:26 PM
Yes I drive more careful, especially since the long hair does limit my peripheral vision. Imagine getting pulled over would be nerve racking, but my worse nightmare would be getting hit by a car load of teenage kids.

paulaprimo
01-04-2014, 08:30 PM
oh yes! basically because i don't want to meet up with mr policeman...so i am a very safe driver...no agressive driving and always follow
the speed limits...which is a first for me :)

GretchenJ
01-04-2014, 08:38 PM
Yes, I tend to agree . I drive much less like a maniac when Gretchen is behind the wheel.

Launa
01-04-2014, 08:46 PM
I drive the same way as I do as my male self but I often wonder if I'm in a bad accident then I might make the 6pm news.

rachaelsloane
01-04-2014, 09:14 PM
I've often thought about a post like this, thank you. I do drive the same with the exception that I'm usually in a dress or a skirt so I consciously kept my knees together. I guess it's a girl thing?

lingerieLiz
01-04-2014, 09:29 PM
Not really anymore. I used to drive different in the way that I held my hands on the steering wheel and sat more upright. Now I don't wear a wig and while I wear all fem clothes I go everywhere in them. Including the police station if need be.

LaraPeterson
01-04-2014, 10:51 PM
Less aggressive, more polite (mostly), try not to draw attention, especially from police--been pulled over a couple of times; not nearly as bad as i thought it would be.

Beverley Sims
01-05-2014, 12:23 AM
Just dressed differently.
I am aware of my surroundings more and a little more cautious.

Melissa xox
01-05-2014, 01:42 AM
I drive pretty much the same except I get nervous, especially at
at traffic light. I get excited at the same time at the thought
that someone in a car next to me thinks I am a woman.

Martha G
01-05-2014, 01:56 AM
Coming home late at night from a costume party dressed as a Southern Belle with a 115" hoopskirt, or as a Duchess in a long middle ages gown I tend to take it easy.

I am a safe driver an do very little drinking, if any, but I am more worried about who is roaming the streets late at night.

I do worry if I am stopped at a light and someone suspicious is staring. What they see is what they think is a woman who they think is an easy target.

I do look around and if anything is suspicious take a different route.

Any suspicious characters in the neighborhood when I get home I just go around the block.

Being dressed as a woman, thugs might just want to take advantage thinking that I am a defenseless woman.

Whether I'm dressed as a woman or not I am not looking for that kind of trouble

TrishaV
01-05-2014, 05:34 AM
I'm normally a very fast driver darting in and out of traffic, but I rarely get lost. Trisha on the other hand drives very conservatively and manages to get lost all the time. So I don't know if I'm driving how I think women drive of if I'm just to distracted by the way I'm dressed but Trisha is a terrible navigator.

Teresa
01-05-2014, 07:11 AM
I have only driven at night but I think ahead more so I don't put myself in an embarrassing situation and stick to the speed limits, besides the longer it takes the more I enjoy it. Getting a flat could be interesting last time I was wearing 4" Knee high boots!

cdinmd206
01-05-2014, 11:48 AM
My driving as a male and my driving as a CD is about as different as night and day. The male side of me is usually a total Ahole when driving and the CD side is the sweet little old lady from Pasadena. LOL

Cheryl T
01-05-2014, 01:04 PM
Yes, I drive differently.
I'm more courteous and cautious. I suppose mostly because I prefer not to be involved in an accident or stopped by the police and have to go through all the explaining.

Stephanie47
01-05-2014, 01:13 PM
I make sure I observe all the traffic laws. I don't run the yellow light. I keep my speed at limit or with the flow of traffic. I make sure I signal. I always check my lights; headlights, turn signals, brake lights. The last time I was stopped it was due a brake light not working. I was dress as a man. I really do not want an encounter dressed as a woman unless it was Halloween.

S. Lisa Smith
01-05-2014, 01:18 PM
Yes, I drive much more conservatively.

Lorileah
01-05-2014, 01:27 PM
I don't yell as much but I still get annoyed. I can't parallel park in either mode without 4 attempts. I now let peoplle go around me when they are in a hurry...I call it baiting the police :)

Marcelle
01-05-2014, 02:04 PM
Nope,

I drive the same in either gender presentation . . . obey the traffic rules, non-aggressive and courteous. It has nothing to do with not wanting to get stopped by the police while "en femme" but everything to do with being a responsible person . . . cars in the hands of aggressive drivers inevitably wind up hurting someone.

Hugs

Isha

Roli F
01-05-2014, 02:20 PM
No I drive the same as my male self get looks from other males seeing a bird drive like a bloke
whilst driving within the law I wont give way to BMW / Audi drivers etc

Diane Edwards
01-05-2014, 07:02 PM
I tend to drive more conservatively when dressed, keeping to or just below the posted limits and being more aware of my surroundings while in traffic. Not that I drive aggressively when in male mode, but I have noticed the difference.

carhill2mn
01-05-2014, 09:14 PM
I tend to be more patient re: traffic and other drivers.

Gerrylee
01-05-2014, 09:23 PM
yes I do,being more conservatively,not going over posted speed,full stops,but still showing a lot of legs on the interstates,and getting in and out of the suv.

JasmineH
01-06-2014, 01:04 PM
Yes I drive far more conservatively when dressed mainly due to the fact that I don't want a brush with the Police whilst dressed.

wearingtanpantyhose
01-08-2014, 12:46 PM
Yes, I definitely drive differently. For one thing, I sit much differently wearing a skirt than I do wearing pants with my knees much closer together. And wearing heels is a different sensation, too. I'm much calmer and drive slower, too. And I do find myself checking my hair and makeup quite often!

Zylia
01-08-2014, 02:12 PM
Yes, when I'm in a dress I instantly lose my parallel parking skills.

It's not like I do want a brush with the police when I'm not 'dressed', so I don't think I drive noticeably different, e.g. never more than 15 mph above speed limit :devil:

Diversity
01-08-2014, 02:20 PM
Yes, absolutely. I attribute this to not wanting to be caught out by others, thus I drive slower than I normally do. Also, at stoplights, I find myself making sure I am in a position where people in adjacent lanes cannot easily see me and also while driving, I am careful that people in vehicles in which drivers can 'look down and into my vehicle, cannot see me as easily as well.
Di

Jaymees22
01-08-2014, 02:31 PM
I try to drive more cautiously when dressed. Which makes me nervous so then I find myself making stupid mistakes like hitting the curb when pulling up to the mailbox or going the wrong way on a one way street. Maybe sub-consciously I want to meet that Big Burly Policeman.

I do find some shoes to be a problem too, clogs with a small heel are impossible.

Alice B
01-08-2014, 03:00 PM
Interesting point. I also find myself more relaxed and not trying to rush. Part is because I often have heels on that require more caution and I guess I do not want to attract undue attention. But I have driven not only around town, but to Las Vegas and back dressed and in daylight hours. Love driving as it is, but when dressed it is more fun.

Kate Simmons
01-08-2014, 03:20 PM
Nope, I still complain and curse about all of the idiot drivers out there. I did notice that when I pass semis though that some drivers try to keep up with me to cop a look.Sometimes I'll play that to the hilt. ;) :)

Zylia
01-08-2014, 03:54 PM
By the way, why did no-one make a "passing" joke yet?

Jonithan
01-08-2014, 04:00 PM
When driving in dress, it's usually at night and always by myself. Less traffic. In dress or drab driving alone, I tend to be more courteous, calm, cool, really no one else to complain to. Put me in the drivers seat with the family in tow than watch out. I have mellowed out a bit since the kids were born. More cautious. I guess it doesn't really matter what I'm wearing, just is the car full or empty.

Joni

Jessica S
01-08-2014, 06:36 PM
I agree with most of the poster here. I drive less aggressively and try not to draw attension. But I feel really relaxed and don't feel the need to rush. And at stop lights I don't let my window line up with car next to mine.

AnntoAnn
01-08-2014, 06:44 PM
Thanks ladies for all your comments, very interesting. It seems the majority do change their driving style. Thinking about what changes my driving is not the brush with the law (as I have encountered that when whiteness to an accident while dressed, see my reply to another thread) but I do have a company car and it would be difficult to explain if I something happened. The car belongs to the company and any speeding offences go straight to the MD. imagine his surprise to see a woman at the wheel not looking like my SO on the speed camera photo!!! So I will drive my weekend car or the wife's if she lets me and put my foot down.

lovetobedani
01-08-2014, 07:07 PM
I would say about the same. But I do find it alot harder to parallel park while dressed fem.
WINK

Stephanie Julianna
01-08-2014, 07:23 PM
Amazingly, yes. I am a lead foot as my male self but keep to the traffic speed when dressed. I also drive with two hands on the wheel in girl mode. One as a guy.

Valerie1973
01-08-2014, 07:35 PM
I'm more cautious. I fear getting in an accident or getting pulled over, but I'm very relaxed. And there is all ways the other driver.

Dianne S
01-08-2014, 08:37 PM
I drive about the same, but I feel much more alert when dressed. Probably out of nervousness about being stopped or getting into an accident.

~Joanne~
01-08-2014, 08:51 PM
I'd love to say that I am the same person driving no matter how I am dressed but it wouldn't fit as I tend to drive a bit more cautious and around the speed limit when I am dressed and out (which is almost never but one day a year).

Like Dawn03, I think I am more alert than anything else for the same reasons.

Hell on Heels
01-08-2014, 08:54 PM
I too drive a bit more cautiously when dressed for fear of traffic violations.
Although I have not been out on the motorcycle yet. I wonder how that might go?
Probably the same.

CarlaWestin
01-08-2014, 09:06 PM
By the way, why did no-one make a "passing" joke yet?

When I drive around as Carla, I‘m always make sure I‘m always passing correctly so if I drive pass a police officer I avoid having to pass him my license.

Jillian Faith
01-08-2014, 09:25 PM
Absolutely when driving enfemme I'm calmer and just enjoy the ride.

Carrols
01-08-2014, 09:26 PM
I’m much more careful when I drive when dressed. Even when I under dress I’m so careful not to be aggressive. In male mode I’m the road warrior, as Carroll I’m very careful and very concentrated. I’d just die if I were ever stop by the Police.

insearchofme
01-09-2014, 10:14 AM
I only drove dressed once, I was VERY careful!

Jonithan
01-09-2014, 10:57 AM
That's the worldly answer to traffic safety. Pass a law to cross-dress while behind the wheel. I wonder how the accident rates would be affected. Everyone would be more cautious, law abiding motorist. Municipalities and insurance companies would go bankrupt. Imagine. Would we be checking our make up and hair in the rear view mirror? Would I stop and ask for directions in dress? Would my knowledge of automobile mechanics diminish if in dress? I wonder....

Joni

JenniferR771
01-09-2014, 11:41 AM
I was so nervous. The first thing I did was to turn left on a red light and I got honked at. Now I am much more careful. However... sometimes I change the rear view mirror so I can see my self--and how cute I look. Gotta use the side mirrors, then. Rear view is helpful for applying makeup when parked.

Karmen
01-09-2014, 03:33 PM
I drive much more carefully when dressed, because I don't want to get stopped by the police or get involved in the accident. Of course I don't want anything of that happen anyway, but especially I don't want to happen when I'm dressed in ladies clothes.

MzVanessa
01-09-2014, 04:40 PM
I absolutely drive very differently en femme... Two hands on the wheel... Upright posture... And much slower... Not to mention hiking up the skirt a little when a naughty guy in a raised big truck pulls up next to me... Lol.

Jilly
01-09-2014, 04:55 PM
I definitely drive more tentatively when I'm dressed. Partly because my knees are together, holding my male self in, and partly because I would die of embarrassment if I had a bump or got stopped by the police.

I do tend to drive in flats, and have a pair of heels to change into, but I can drive quite competently in heels.

Has anyone ever been caught out while driving?

mikiSJ
01-09-2014, 05:02 PM
I drive a Porsche Cayenne, not fast, but I hate to slow down for curves, except when I am dressed.

heellover
01-09-2014, 06:37 PM
I'm normally a very fast driver darting in and out of traffic, but I rarely get lost. Trisha on the other hand drives very conservatively and manages to get lost all the time. So I don't know if I'm driving how I think women drive of if I'm just to distracted by the way I'm dressed but Trisha is a terrible navigator.

Natasha is very similar in regards to being kind of clueless behind the wheel too! LOL
Gets lost very easily, has been know to park on the grass after 40 days and 40 nights of rain and get totally stuck!......more times than I care to admit!:o
obliviously props her left leg up against the door while wearing short skirts and flashes quite often:o

But on the whole she is a good driver. My wife says I drive very girly!
In my mannerisms and driving style.

julia marie
01-09-2014, 07:06 PM
I'm in the slower-more-careful group. I know most people hear say the police aren't phased by crossdressing, but there's no need to press my luck.

Sheila11
01-09-2014, 08:05 PM
I was just thinking about this the other day. I am very careful when driving as Sheila.
Got stopped by the policeman years ago when out dressed and did not like it.

Lilrex
01-11-2014, 11:51 AM
I never thought about it but I'm hell on wheels when dressed cause I love messing with boys!! It's even better to see the look on there face if I'm out with my wife'!!

AKADonna
01-11-2014, 10:23 PM
I am very distracted when driving en femme. In a dress or skirt, I drive with my knees closer together than I normally drive in drab. Besides that, I am distracted by the feeling of my wig tickling my neck, my clip on earring hurting, my jewelry clanking, my hair messing with peripheral vision, the fragrance, and the feel of makeup on my face and lipstick on my lips. Other than these things, I'm just driving as I have for about 55 years!

Jenniferathome
01-11-2014, 10:44 PM
Yes, there is no question I am different but the difference is because I am in no hurry. When dressed, I just enjoy the outing as opposed to needing get somewhere as quickly as possible.

KimberlyJean
01-12-2014, 09:18 AM
I find that I make more mistakes, and this is probably sexist but I don't care when Kimberly is driving. I blame it on driving like a woman

Raychel
01-12-2014, 09:39 AM
I definitely drive better when dressed in my nicer clothes,
I am very careful not to do anything that will attract attention,
Really don't need any reason for the police to stop me. :daydreaming:

Helen Grandeis
01-18-2014, 08:38 AM
I try to be very careful about everything when I drive dressed. It is usually a medium to long trip. All accidents are preventable. I am so energized that I am much more alert.

VeroS
01-18-2014, 11:22 AM
I definitely try to be more relaxed and cautious when I'm out driving dressed. One reason is that I like to enjoy the sensation of being out dressed and it's easier to do this if you are not rushing. Like others I'm also conscious that it would be embarrassing if I was pulled over by the police or involved in an accident.

MsVal
01-18-2014, 11:55 AM
Some habits are fortunately hard to break.
I drove a school bus for a while, and safety was the number one priority. Full and complete stops at every stop sign, enter intersections only after the cars have come to a stop, eyes on each mirror every 20 seconds, and many more. If I drove any more conservatively I wouldn't leave my driveway.
As for others, perhaps another reason for driving more carefully could be because the journey is part of the experience. That is, it isn't just about getting from one place to another, it's about enjoying the trip and taking in all its comforts.

Kristy 56
01-20-2014, 01:18 PM
Yes, I drive differently.
I'm more courteous and cautious. I suppose mostly because I prefer not to be involved in an accident or stopped by the police and have to go through all the explaining.

My feelings exactly Cheryl. That's the one part of going out that worries me.

Darla Jean
01-21-2014, 03:41 PM
Sadly the only accident I have had in the past five years was when partially dressed. I was wearing flats, pantyhose, a pair of androgynous slacks and a sweatshirt with bra and forms. Waiting to merge into traffic on a very busy road, an older gentleman rear ended me with his truck. No one was hurt but the accident was such that we had to move the cars off the street and into an adjacent parking lot and call the police. While not overly obvious, it was clear that I had breasts and was wearing flats. But nobody said anything and the cop actually gave the other guy a ticket for rear ending me. I was nervous as could be but ultimately it all turned out ok.

bimini1
01-21-2014, 07:24 PM
Probably more cautious en femme. Definitely more aware about everything when out including behind the wheel. Everything seems more alive, colorful.

Leanna Jean
02-09-2014, 07:26 PM
I'm a much more attentive driver. Some of that comes from the fact that I may catch the eye of someone so I am very attentive stops signs, street lights. I enjoy when some guy behind is in such a rush I can read his lips of course he can't tell i see him with my very womanly sunglasses but his lips say come on lady move it!

Vanessa Rose
02-09-2014, 07:42 PM
More cautious when dressed.

V

StephanieMichelle
02-10-2014, 03:51 PM
I drive about the same either way--fastish, but not too aggressive. Shelly does drive differently with different shoes. Heels and wedge sandals change the angle of my foot to the accelerator and brake pedal, so I am a little more cautious.

I've been pulled over a few times, and in each case, the officer was polite and professional. Even in some hick parts of Texas. Unfortunately, Shelly has also had an accident (a car cut in front of the car in front of me, which was able to stop in time, me not so much). The driver I hit was a little cranky-can't blame her, really-the police and paramedics were polite and professional. They checked me out, made sure I was okay, and sent me on my way.

And yes, I have been known to make sure that the hem of my skirt was a little higher when cute guys in big pickups go by ;).

ArleneRaquel
02-10-2014, 04:38 PM
My car trips are always male driven. I don't drive anymore. Sometimes a CD is behind the wheel.

Cathern Kelly
02-17-2014, 04:31 PM
I drove in drag for the first time about 25 years ago. It was the strangest feeling. I had hip pads and heels on for the first time so I had to readjust the seat, mirrors and such to accommodate my physical change . I still remember the feeling, that I felt so much physically smaller in the same seat that I usually set in every day. The dynamics of pads, breasts, waist cincher, tape, nails, makeup, wig and dress changed my perspective of the whole driving experience. I drove differently for sure and every time there after while in the fem mode.

dana digs sweaters
02-17-2014, 08:13 PM
It depends on my cup size.....

Fastening my seat belt across my padded bra always brings a smile to my face,
reminding me of the first time I put a seat belt on when dressed.
My 2 sisters that were with me laughed at that, as I now found out what it was like for them too.

kev.wong140
02-17-2014, 08:50 PM
I haven't driven out dressed yet, but I'm sure I would be much more conservative. I'm usually a fast and aggressive driver, but when Karen is out, it'll be more a joyride. Definitely won't be yelling at other drivers.

heatherdress
02-17-2014, 09:49 PM
I Googled "crossdresser driving" - just curious. Of course someone posted their CD experience driving. Very uneventful - but somehow reminded me how much fun it is to drive dressed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GguRDD642_A

GenieGirl
02-17-2014, 10:51 PM
Only when I wear heels....Takes skill to drive a 6-speed in heels lol. Don't you love it when you see a hot chick driving a sports car :)