PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Party

Aly Cat
01-05-2014, 12:31 AM
So I know we are four days into the new year, but I had to share my New Years Eve story.
So my friend invites me to a party for New Years and I asked her how I should dress. She said everyone is going to be casual so come casual. Easy enough.

Well, I have begun moving towards being Eva every chance that I am not around my kids or at work so...on goes the makeup, women's jeans, womens button up shirt, womens jacket, womens black tennis shoes and Im on my way. Now, I dont know anyone at this party save my friend who invited me so I was a little nervous but whatever. I will be me...if not fully, at least mostly :) Now, I will admit that I went sparingly on the makeup and kept it neutral colors so that i didnt totally stick out.

I arrive at the party and everyone is in the backyard sitting around a movable fire pit drinking and just having a good old time. My friend welcomes me and introduces me to everyone and we are all just hanging out. I go into the house to get a Crown and Coke and one of the girls who had also just arrived was in the kitchen goes....OMG!!! and grabs my face. She was like..."your eyes are amazing! I will be putting makeup on them before the end of the night!!" I laughed and introduced myself to her and she introduced herself to me.

We both walk back outside drinks in hand and she immediately starts talking to the other girls there about how my eyes shape was perfect and that I had perfect eyebrows and she soooo wanted to give me a makeover. By this time, I was like..."psh! bring it!" She had this look of surprise on her face and jumped up and ran out to her car. She comes walking back with a big bag of makeup...and when I say big....i mean you would darn near have to check the bag in at the airport! You have probably guessed already, but she is a makeup artist!! And her friends she was talking to about me are hair stylists!
They took off my makeup and proceeded to put new stuff on. During this time, I explained to them about Eva and every single one of them was 100% understanding and actually rather excited. One girl said that whenever I hang out with them, that I am not allowed to be afraid and to come exactly as I want....wig, no wig, dress, skirt...whatever. She said she can style my wig however I want it and that she wears wigs too if it makes me feel any more comfortable about wearing them. They spent 3 hours putting makeup on me!!!! Now, keep in mind that by this time, we were all inebriated and having a blast. We all totally forgot about the time and I didnt get home until 8am the next morning! The makeup artist saved my phone number into her phone as "Eva Adam" and we talk all the time now about makeup, hair, shoes, etc.

Its amazing making new friends! Most of the women there except the makeup artist are all married and their husbands were there asking me questions as well and were genuinely interesting in my answers since they had never met someone transgender before. Aside from the husbands, the rest of the guys there were siblings of either the women or their husbands and were all gay so it was a very accepting bunch. Everyone at that party was truly amazing and made me feel very welcomed. I hope to see all of them again. I am already planning a full body makeover with the makeup artist and her friend. Between the two of them, they do hair, nails, makeup, and I do the clothes. All I will need is an occasion to go out and show everything off! Im sure we'll be planning that too!

Im linking pictures of the party. Forgive the scarf around my head. It was to keep my hair out of my face while they worked on me.

KristyE
01-05-2014, 07:06 AM
You are one lucky girl ! And your smile says it all.
Love KristyE

Jackie F
01-05-2014, 07:42 AM
Happy 2014!!!!!!
This is like a fantasy of mine!!

Marcelle
01-05-2014, 07:55 AM
Okay . . . where do I find a party where a "make-up artist" absconds with me and gives me a full makeover . . . what a start to 2014 for you. BTW sweetie you look great and I would definitely keep that gal on my GG friend list.

Hugs

Isha

anonymousinmaryland
01-05-2014, 07:57 AM
As that guy says ov TV, Happy, Happy, Happy! (And welcome here.)

Tasha McIntyre
01-05-2014, 08:18 AM
Happy days :)

Great post, thanks for sharing.

Beverley Sims
01-05-2014, 12:09 PM
Eva what you had was a unique experience that happens only once in a lifetime.
When it happened to me it really changed my outlook on life as the girls I knew gave me all the encouragement I needed.

Katey888
01-05-2014, 12:18 PM
Eva,
That's a super experience and thanks for sharing it... I'm grabbing a ticket behind Isha.. where in the world do I find a makeup artiste... :daydreaming:
And nice eyes - but you're right about the scarf... :heehee:
Katey x

FemmeElastique
01-05-2014, 12:53 PM
When u said they wanted to make you over, I was afraid you were gonna miss the party!! LOL
But I see you didn't and still had a blast. :) I love going to house parties dressed up. Its great.

Persephone
01-05-2014, 03:37 PM
Awesome!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Connie.Marie
01-05-2014, 03:46 PM
Eva,
Sounds like a FANTASTIC party..
So where does this makeup artist work?
Maybe I can become a client.. Atlanta is not that far away.

Hugs, Connie Marie

LaraPeterson
01-05-2014, 03:46 PM
I just hate being jealous. . .but. . .jealous, jealous, jealous!

Diane Smith
01-05-2014, 06:30 PM
Why don't I ever get invited to any parties like that? I had a nice time on NYE, but it was all hobby and current events talk ...

- Diane

Marcia Blue
01-05-2014, 07:36 PM
OMG, I too, am very, very, jealous. You look fabulous.

Aly Cat
01-05-2014, 09:44 PM
Thank you all! Yes, it was a fabulous party! I didnt miss any partying going on. You had your drinkers outside around the fire, the ones already smashed in the kitchen dancing (you should see some of the videos on facebook haha), and then my little makeup session. I got drunk too which is why i didnt care about the scarf >.<
@Connie, She actually works at Bank of America. She does the makeup thing on the side.
@Beverly, Definitely a once in a lifetime thing, and I enjoyed it to its fullest. You are right, such encouraging words from accepting people really is life changing.

We are already planning our next outing! They want to take me to a club in ATL where I can show off my full makeover and enjoy it. Heres hoping it happens soon!

suchacutie
01-05-2014, 10:01 PM
We can all see that your 2014 has great possibilities! Enjoy it!

winny
01-06-2014, 09:30 AM
what a great way to start the new year! awesome!

vallerie lacy
01-06-2014, 09:50 AM
An absolute dream come true. First thing I would do is, help plan the next party, and find a nice dress. Keep us posted, you lucky girl.

MarcyRex
01-06-2014, 09:55 AM
Just a heavy sigh of envy.

SilkeeLegs
01-06-2014, 09:59 AM
Its so amazing that there really are women...and alot of men out there that find the crossdressing and transgender thing really interesting!! Many of my current friends have not even met my male side!!! Its amazing and I love it too. See what happens when you branch out??

marci_x
01-06-2014, 12:29 PM
why has that never happened to me? Good for you!

JasmineH
01-06-2014, 12:40 PM
What a great start to the New Year.Enjoy it to the max.