PDA

View Full Version : Just wanna share my first outing in public

Kyari_lolita
01-05-2014, 07:08 AM
I recently went to Japan for vacation. I didnt bring any girly stuff since i know i only wear enfemme at home and i will be out the whole day. There's a 7Eleven i always stop by on the way home and they have a quite selections of makeup. I never buy anything at a physical store so im kinda scared. I decided to buy a face wash, BBcream and foundation.

When im at the cash register, the girl smiles, look at the items, look at me, look at the item and suddenly recommended me to use lighter foundation. I was kinda shocked how nice she is. Im standing there terrified she gonna judge me when she does the staring thing but thats not the case. I purchase her suggestion and walk back home slowly.

It got me thinking. If everyone is like this, i dont mind doing something i nvr done before; wearing femme in public. As soon i got home, ordered some clothes at amazon. Few days later, nervous as hell, i went to Takeshita Dori in Harajuku area. I still kinda afraid to go in shops so i just walked around Harajuku area.

Im heading towards Angelic Pretty store and there's this cute girl with her mom walking on the opposite direction. She saw me and shout out loud "kawaii" and start waving at me. She just made my day . All the nerve wrecking feeling all gone. And that was the best day ever. I eventually went into a shop and actually buy something, had a nice long conversation (i have a limited vocab but she helped alot by using simple words) with a salesgirls at +h.Naoto when she saw my Hangry pouch, Angelic Pretty salesgirls is very friendly, i actually met my bestfriend who work there in girl mode and get nice comments, aunties from Meiji shrine admiring my rabbit backpack, some locals asking for pictures together with them, ate delicious baby anchovies spaghetti and tasty crepe.

Overall its a very good day. Next time im going there, i only will pack girls clothes. no exception. and maybe during new year time so i can go shopping for luck bags ! :D and i better lose some weight. Japan sizes are really small ! XD

So how about your girls ?

AnnieMac
01-05-2014, 08:26 AM
(Hello, Kyari-Chan, How are you?) . It so cool you are there in Japan doing that. I really love the Lolita-look and very innocent-based girly lifestyle. I want to try my hand at it as a "Brolita". I think the whole Lolita/Brolita lifestyle is the MOST accepting to men who cross-dress and love feminine fashion. The Lolitas love the look so much, they seem to welcome with open arms and no questions asked, the Brolitas that love it too. I think it's just great! I will have to try someday soon.

Beverley Sims
01-05-2014, 11:59 AM
Kyari,
The lifestyle is so different here to Japan, you have to go there to experience it.

Kyari_lolita
01-05-2014, 02:01 PM
(Hello, Kyari-Chan, How are you?) . It so cool you are there in Japan doing that. I really love the Lolita-look and very innocent-based girly lifestyle. I want to try my hand at it as a "Brolita".
I go to Japan every year but never actually thought of indulging in their fashion subculture. im more to a cosplay otaku XD. I know right ! and i not really the kind that like sexy or reveiling clothes so i fit in lolita way easier. Please do. its a wonderful subculture :D

Kyari,
The lifestyle is so different here to Japan, you have to go there to experience it. yeah. thats the sad part and its not cheap:sad:

Persephone
01-05-2014, 03:01 PM
It sounds like you had a wonderful time! Congratulations on going out!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Talisker
01-05-2014, 03:05 PM
Yes Harajuku is fun and yoyogi park at weekends.
Really difficult to shock people no matter what you wear.

LaraPeterson
01-05-2014, 03:17 PM
You are very (lucky) to have been in a place so accepting. Outside of the sizes being smaller that you mentioned, and the fact that westerners are generally taller than orientals, I've always had that sort of experience in the Far East. In Japan, in particular, taller "girls" are usually considered quite attractive.

Let you cuteness stand out and smile, smile, smile.

KaceyR
01-05-2014, 03:47 PM
Sugoii! great story!

I'd wanted to get to Japan for some time. (early 90s otaku :) )
Wish I'd worked harder with the language.
Anyway, sounds like the perfect location for doing all this.
Biggest thing with Japan I think (and this goes along with language as well as probably CDing)
is that you're making a good "attempt" at whatever it is.
If you learn some of the language, it opens up worlds of respect and acceptance there.
Likewise, if you work to present well there, then they probably recognize it to not be as strange
and love it for the quality of work done.

Jillrox
01-05-2014, 03:55 PM
It's others good time experiences like this , that fuel me to one day venture out while dressed. I am glad you had such a great trip!

AnnieMac
01-05-2014, 05:43 PM
I agree with your Kyari. I love the innocent look and mind set of the Lolita Culture, and the wonderful complete acceptance of males that want to dress that way too! I would love to some day go to one of those little Lolita meetings or tea and cookie parties dressed of course as a very pretty Brolita!

JackieMilton
01-05-2014, 10:25 PM
I had been dressing at home for awhile. A lady friend who knew I dressed held an concert at her outdoor cafe and suggested that I come dressed. I dressed in heels,lace thigh highs, pencil skirt, my boobs and a blouse. I was pretty nervous as I live in real red neck area. Got there and the girls greeted me glad that I had came out (both ways). As I walked in who I did meet a woman from my church, after her initial shock complimented me on my shoes. And we then had a great time. The musician who is a transgender was thrilled that I came out. And since that time my nervous thoughts about going out in public have vanished. Course I am in my 70s so some think I just a crazy old coot

Ressie
01-05-2014, 10:35 PM
Thanks for sharing. I feel so ignorant of eastern culture.

Lorileah
01-06-2014, 12:33 AM
:moderator note: posting in languages other than English isn't allowed. This is because 1) people cannot read what you wrote and 2) we don't have tome to moderate and translate.

Kyari_lolita
01-09-2014, 09:13 AM
It sounds like you had a wonderful time! Congratulations on going out!
I did and thank you ! *hugs*

Yes Harajuku is fun and yoyogi park at weekends.
Really difficult to shock people no matter what you wear.
haha true. some aunties around tabata (where i stay) did gives me the bug-eye but i just ignore them XD

You are very (lucky) to have been in a place so accepting. Outside of the sizes being smaller that you mentioned, and the fact that westerners are generally taller than orientals, I've always had that sort of experience in the Far East. In Japan, in particular, taller "girls" are usually considered quite attractive.

Let you cuteness stand out and smile, smile, smile.
:D

I'd wanted to get to Japan for some time. (early 90s otaku :) )
Wish I'd worked harder with the language.
Anyway, sounds like the perfect location for doing all this.
Biggest thing with Japan I think (and this goes along with language as well as probably CDing)
is that you're making a good "attempt" at whatever it is.
If you learn some of the language, it opens up worlds of respect and acceptance there.
Likewise, if you work to present well there, then they probably recognize it to not be as strange
and love it for the quality of work done.
most place still treat u nice but if u know the language, its way easier and i do noticed that they treat u nicer . haha

I agree with your Kyari. I love the innocent look and mind set of the Lolita Culture, and the wonderful complete acceptance of males that want to dress that way too! I would love to some day go to one of those little Lolita meetings or tea and cookie parties dressed of course as a very pretty Brolita!
im going end of this year so lets meet up dressed up cute ! :D

I had been dressing at home for awhile. A lady friend who knew I dressed held an concert at her outdoor cafe and suggested that I come dressed. I dressed in heels,lace thigh highs, pencil skirt, my boobs and a blouse. I was pretty nervous as I live in real red neck area. Got there and the girls greeted me glad that I had came out (both ways). As I walked in who I did meet a woman from my church, after her initial shock complimented me on my shoes. And we then had a great time. The musician who is a transgender was thrilled that I came out. And since that time my nervous thoughts about going out in public have vanished. Course I am in my 70s so some think I just a crazy old coot

Thanks for sharing. I feel so ignorant of eastern culture.
sounds like a very nice night ! i wish i can meet other CD or TG !

:moderator note: posting in languages other than English isn't allowed. This is because 1) people cannot read what you wrote and 2) we don't have tome to moderate and translate.
owh im sorry ! wont happen again