PDA

View Full Version : Piercing complications again... sad day.

MandyTS
01-05-2006, 04:28 AM
My second attempt at gun piercing failed again... :(

The first time my boss and I had a little falling out and to protect my job I ook them out, I guess fault of the boss not the piercing.

After making up I got them again and this time they looked like they were going to work, this was 12 weeks ago. The ears looked all healed up but the right ear still was a little sensitive. Well I went to the jewlery store, found some absolutly beautiful diamond studs (D clarity, IS2) got approved for credit (5k :eeek: ) and told the clerk I would be back tomarrow to purchace and pick up. The earings 0.65 carrot were 1450 down to 1k and I was putting 500 down.

I went to work to check the studs and to remove them and see if they were ready to change studs. Left was out in two seconds, the right did not come out. I had been religiously taking care of them, rotating, etc. Well apparently the skin had somehow opened up and the earing was stuck. I put some cleaning stuff in and it started profusly bleeding, not good. I got the stud out and the hole completly collasped, no hole at all left. To say I was not happy was an understatement. It seems like the hole never really formed :(

Even before my mom was harassing me about my "murse" and told me she did not want to see me with her wearing it :mad: , then she started commenting about my earing choice at the store I took her too. She said she does not want to having anything feminine around her, even though she knows I am about the start HRT etc. She even started yelling at me in the store and I ran out crying :cry:

I can not wait to move out, then I can explore my gender identity 100%. I don't know if I will even get earings again until then, they just seem to cause too many problems around the house...

next time I am doing it with a needle.

Mandy

Lisa Golightly
01-05-2006, 05:50 AM
Yep the needle is the only way. That's how I had mine done. No one noticed I'd had them done for months... the curse of long hair... doh!

Sorry to hear you've had a hard time... Running my own business means I'm spared all the 'What Not to Wear' rubbish. Keep plugging away and you'll become the person you want to be eventually.

Lisa x

Julie York
01-05-2006, 12:08 PM
If you want a hole in your ear and it not be seen (too obviously) use a piece of thick fishing line about 2mm longer than the thickness of your ear lobe. It does work and it is hardly noticable in place if you level out the front end. The line should be about the diameter of the stud post so the hole heals large enough.

Good luck and keep it CLEAN!!!

dani_grl03
01-05-2006, 05:11 PM
I used clear ear ring protectors. They are actually ment to be used for some one that has a reaction to the metal in the studs, but you can wear them without anything else. They are almost invisible and work great! I cot mine at Clair's and wear them almost anytime I cant wear earrings.