PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever?

LaraPeterson
01-05-2014, 04:17 PM
Do you ever come here, read some posts, reply to some, and then feel absolutely worn out. They say baring the soul is good for the heart. It's also very tiring--for me at least.

Joanne f
01-05-2014, 04:28 PM
No I do not get worn out by coming on here but I am sure that some get worn out by trying to figure what the hell I am on about some times :lol:

Talisker
01-05-2014, 04:37 PM
Not really but reading a few just now has made me feel more grateful for the cards ive been dealt.

Kate Simmons
01-05-2014, 05:14 PM
Never Hon. It's refreshing to me when I interact with my friends. :)

alwayshave
01-05-2014, 05:19 PM
Lara, I also get somewhat worn out from posting, so I don't unless something really speaks to me. I'll never understand those that feel that they must respond to ever post even if their reply is just innocuous.

Tina955
01-05-2014, 05:40 PM
I get tired. My feeble little brain uses up a lot of energy thinking of what to say, how to say it, and try not to sound stupid. :-)

Tina

chessdragon
01-05-2014, 06:25 PM
I think it can be tiring because even though we all share an interest in crossdressing, there are so many different types of people and so many different opinions that it can be hard trying to make sure you don't say anything somebody will disagree with. I often end up typing twice as much as what I actually post. So yeah, it's tiring, but in a rewarding way. :)

S. Lisa Smith
01-05-2014, 06:32 PM
Very interesting. I find that it invigorates me and I come back several times a day to check on new threads.

Babette
01-05-2014, 06:40 PM
This forum's endless variety of posts holds my interest. Some make me laugh while others sometimes make me sad. None of them wear me out though. However there are some that can raise my hackles and make me growl.

MarisaRose.
01-05-2014, 06:41 PM
Lara,
It is without a doubt an exercise of the heart and the mind, yet it leaves the soul refreshed...

PretzelGirl
01-05-2014, 08:09 PM
If you are coming here to make a post unloading about an issue, I can see where it can drain you. There are a lot of emotions that can come with what we do. For most of the day in, day out posting, I find it relaxing to spend "time" with everyone.

kimdl93
01-05-2014, 08:11 PM
Yes, at times I get worn out by watching individuals rationalize poor judgment, selfishness and immaturity.

RenneB
01-05-2014, 08:12 PM
Nope, never worn out. The part that wears me out is finding a new place to go out to, remember to bring the camera/tripod, finding that perfect spot to take a shot, set the camera, check the pic, take another, adjust the wardrobe, take another, check... then download the photos, adjust the picture, post and write a short story... That's actually fun, but it takes a lot out of me. I prefer to just go out and about and not take photos..

Replying and reading are the ways I use to connect to a great social group.....

Renne.....

Valarie
01-05-2014, 08:37 PM
It breaks my heart to read the post from those that do not have a supportive SO :( sometimes I want to post things about me and my wife and how great she is for understanding and accepting, and how she gets excited spending time with Valarie, but then I read a post about something cruel that an SO said to a sis, or the frustrations in someone's relationship and I feel bad, I guess it is ex-Catholic guilt.

Cynthia Anne
01-05-2014, 08:50 PM
I'm not sure ''worn out'' is the correct phrase for me! How ever I do get disappointed sometimes when trying to brighten someone day and someone else either takes it wrong or has nothing better to do then shoot me down for my efforts!

Tracii G
01-05-2014, 09:29 PM
I browse the threads some just about everyday and find it helps me.
I have never let all my soul and things about my life out here but more than I have on any other site.

MissTee
01-05-2014, 09:41 PM
I love the heart warming stories of acceptance. They're very uplifting. I enjoy respectfully pondering the what-if's, but I could do without the feuding that sometimes erupts. I suppose I don't find it draining but understand how that could happen.

dmbrocks
01-05-2014, 11:17 PM
It is nice to come to a place where others have the same interests/desires as yourself. Especially with something that is not considered "socially acceptable"

Dana L
01-05-2014, 11:33 PM
I'm not sure ''worn out'' is the correct phrase for me! How ever I do get disappointed sometimes when trying to brighten someone day and someone else either takes it wrong or has nothing better to do then shoot me down for my efforts!
I hear you there! I actually took some time off of posting for that reason. It hurts when someone reads something negative into your words or takes it the wrong way.

Daphne Renee
01-05-2014, 11:41 PM
I dont get tired after posting.. often I will post at night. I will be tired then. i enjoy posting though .

Beverley Sims
01-06-2014, 12:26 AM
Oh yes!
All the time! :)

BOBBI G.
01-06-2014, 06:43 AM
Most of my life I played the role of man. Now slowly becoming who I should have been, I find that I tend to embellish a little more and describe my thoughts in greater depth. As I respond, yes, it does take a little out of me, but when I hit the send button, I feel a little refreshed.

See what I mean?.

Bobbi

Katey888
01-06-2014, 06:54 AM
Lara - yes, I agree it's tiring.
But many of the threads and experiences have also been inspirational for me - if I can draw some strength from what others have said, then maybe in a small way others can gather some confidence or assistance from my views. And that has to be a Good Thing.
And for me I've never shared this much before with anyone - you're all greatly honoured... :D
Katey x

Claire Cook
01-06-2014, 07:07 AM
Tiring? Perhaps. I find it emotionally draining when someone shares a difficult situation, especially dealing with girl friends and wives. But then again, it buoys us up so much when we hear stories about positive experiences.

gina bennett
01-06-2014, 09:11 AM
Hello, as Sue said I also find it relaxing and enlightening to read and post (even for a newbie) as I feel most are in similar situations and it's nice to hear how others are dealing with their feelings or issues.

Cheryl T
01-06-2014, 09:15 AM
Not really, I get more elated actually. It's so wonderful sharing with others who understand the struggles, the guilt and such that we've all been through.

LaraPeterson
01-06-2014, 06:16 PM
Thank you ladies. Claire probably expressed it better than I did when she said sometimes it is "emotionally draining." Reading and posting here is certainly inspirational and sometimes just plain fun. I guess I made that post after reading some stories where our friends were disappointed with situations that seemed to threaten their ability to enjoy their CDing.

When I write, whether it's serious or I'm just poking a little fun, I try to use good grammar and punctuation as well as express myself clearly. Maybe I'm stressing my little brain too much. Who knows? Anyway, thanks again for all the responses. It's nice to be surrounded by so many who understand.

Stephanie Julianna
01-06-2014, 06:24 PM
Never. The comraderie I feel knowing that there are so many people out there just like me invigorates me. It's nice not to feel alone.

lovetobedani
01-06-2014, 07:14 PM
I don't get tired of reading about others who are like me and share the same issues. I've actually learned much from others posts.

JackieMilton
01-06-2014, 09:50 PM
being a newbie, I really enjoy reading the posting on the threads. It gives more self confidence and lets me realize I am not alone in this world. Thanks ladies, you give this old gal hope

Alice Torn
01-06-2014, 09:59 PM
When my bloods up, you better believe i can write like a Mickey Spillane . Man , could that guy write! Other times, the other side of bipolar takes over, and i do feel worn out. Opened up a ton, on Facebook the other day, the good, the bad, and the ugly!

Just one more thing. I have noticed some who were regularees on here, for years, gone, for a long time now. Some times, they return. I take it some are depressed, hurt, offended, or just getting away from it all. I have gotten burned out, and left for a while. Sometimes you need to get away from it all, like Frank Sinatra sang!

Algoma
01-07-2014, 01:33 AM
I get worn out trying log in sometimes. For some reason my password is always rejected. But I love this site and being able to share and learn from others. Algoma

flatlander_48
01-07-2014, 02:31 AM
It goes back and forth for me. Sometimes people are in the midst of a serious situation and if it touches me, I try to put a good effort into saying something useful. Those situations can be draining sometimes. Other times are lighter and I try to respond in a similar way.

Samantha_Smile
01-07-2014, 09:18 AM
I find that constructing a well written paragraph is sometimes a drain.
I like to make sure I got my point across properly.
But emotionally tiring? ....Maybe, if it's particularly emotionally charged in the thread, but otherwise, I'm just trying my best to remain open.

vallerie lacy
01-07-2014, 11:54 AM
After finding this forum and reading about all the things that you girls do and feel, has had such a mind blowing effect on me. I always knew that there were others like myself who could not walk past a lingerie dep't or a dress store without having [ and I do mean having ] to look at the merchandise. Knowing that there are others who, like myself did some real dumb things in order to obtain or just wear someone else's lingerie or clothing makes me feel a lot saner than I felt before, although some would debate the issue.
I can't find words to express how much I enjoy reading about you girls and your crossdressing desires and adventures. I love to hear of the things that others do, it brings back some great memories. I have also found that baring my soul on the forum and to a few of you, has really taken a huge weight off my shoulders [ and who needs more weight, what with those bra straps and all ].
Thanks girls.
Always LACY,
Vallerie

Jaymees22
01-07-2014, 02:17 PM
Do I ever? Yes, I will read some posts and realize this person has some real problems and it's frustrating to know I can't really help too much. I actually like the silly posts, I'm a girl who just want's to have fun!

Annaliese
01-07-2014, 02:27 PM
Reading the post even the long one, I feel if someone has taken the time to post, then I need to take the time to read all the post. There are day I am worn out then other time I re-fresh. It all depends on the post.

Teresa
01-07-2014, 03:01 PM
Vallerie I couldn't agree with you more, I admit to and probably will carry on doing dumb things, but it makes life allot richer and keeps my sense of humour going. When I wrote the thread " going ballistic", I bared all and in parts I didn't realise I was crying till I felt it run down my face but at the end of it I felt a millstone lifted off my shoulders.