PDA

View Full Version : Proper Way To Cross Legs

Martha G
01-05-2014, 08:01 PM
What is the best way to cross one's legs.

I assume to cross one knee over the other.

or possibly cross legs at the ankles.

Just checking! This is all new to me.

Thanks.

KayleeTaylor
01-05-2014, 08:04 PM
There should be no gaps in your thighs and your knees should be touching each other.

NathalieX66
01-05-2014, 08:05 PM
One knee over the other.

Men don't do so good at this because typically mens leg muscles are so developed.

Stephanie Julianna
01-05-2014, 08:17 PM
It really depends on the anatomy of your calf and other junk. If you have muscular calves it is a bit harder to cross your leg over your other knee. Another issue is literally your "junk." If you don't push the boys up into your body with the pole way back they get in the way and this can hurt as well. I have found it easier to cross my legs with the proper position of the parts as I described while keeping them in place with a gaff or tight firming shaping panties. If none of this works for you simply keep your knees together and cross your legs at the ankles. That is very lady-like and comfortable for almost everyone, male or female. Remember what Sr. Mary Margaret said, "If you can't hold a dime between your knees when you are sitting, you're inviting all the boys to pick up the loose change."

Erica Marie
01-05-2014, 08:50 PM
I guess I dont have any junk. I usually sit with my thighs crossed and knees on top of each other. I found a pic of different ways to be proper. I myself usually sit like the girl in the middle in the cute tights. I notice I even sit this way in male mode.

lisalove
01-05-2014, 09:42 PM
The other night on the Arsinio Hall show. Arsinio was sitting on stage in the middle of 4 women from some show. The 2 women on his right had their right leg crossed over their left pointing toward Arsinio. The women on his left had their left legs crossed over their right legs pointing to him. They all pretty much sat down at the same time and automaticly crossed their legs like that.

AnnieMac
01-05-2014, 09:58 PM
I usually can cross my legs in a very feminine fashion, except for now because I gained about 40lbs too much, and I always get it in my legs. So it's not my junk, it's my thunder-thighs. When my legs are thin, I can even get that foot wrapped around the back of the other leg without to much problem like a lot of flexi-girls will do - can't now though. Back to the pool and the stepping machines this week - I promise y'all!!

Rachael Leigh
01-05-2014, 10:06 PM
I think mine in my avatar isn't bad, I've always been able to cross in a fem way in fact my wife hates it when she sees me doing it and tells me to do it more manly

CarlaWestin
01-05-2014, 10:14 PM
I don't know. Check my profile picture. I think I got it right.

Martha G
01-05-2014, 10:21 PM
The last time I could cross one knee over the other was late high school when I was quite thin.

I do have short and muscular legs as well as junk.

I think the only way I could do this is to get my weight down to what it should be for my height and build. 145lbs to 150 lbs.

However I am 5' 6" and 207 lbs and I don't think that can be achieved.

It wouldn't hurt to try. My doctor would love that.

I would look a lot better, nice and trim . I would be a lot healthier - and maybe even sexier.

And then I COULD cross my legs knee over knee.

Well, I'll see!

Till then I'll just cross my ankles.

Ressie
01-05-2014, 10:23 PM
Works for me Carla! I cross at the knee quite often in male mode. Got it from my dad. I have to work on holding that nickel between my knees ;)

Rachael Leigh
01-05-2014, 10:26 PM
Yep Carla loving it

Jilmac
01-05-2014, 10:56 PM
The most ladylike method of crossing legs in a skirt or dress is over the knees, that way modesty prevails. when wearing jeans or slacks crossing at the ankles doesn't matter bus do whichever is the most comfortable for you

Sarasometimes
01-05-2014, 10:57 PM
I guess I dont have any junk. I usually sit with my thighs crossed and knees on top of each other. I found a pic of different ways to be proper. I myself usually sit like the girl in the middle in the cute tights. I notice I even sit this way in male mode.

I usually cross one knee over the other unless my skirt/dress is really short then I use the kneww close together with ankles crossed. When I remember I add the real feminine touch of angling my calves to one side The young lady in the red shoe style. For guys, tucking makes this much more comfortable.

Janine cd
01-05-2014, 11:20 PM
I usually cross one knee over the other unless I'm wearing my femme jeans. Then I may cross my legs at mt knees, making sure that my legs are close together.

Beverley Sims
01-06-2014, 12:56 AM
Martha,
Erica Mae has it illustrated well.
I do a combination of the blonde girl in black 2nd from left and the girl in blue usually to suit circumstances.
Sometimes cross legs similar to the other girl in black for a more demure look.

Cheryl T
01-06-2014, 09:27 AM
Whatever is comfortable, knee over knee, crossed ankles, but never ankle over knee (especially in a skirt).

flatlander_48
01-06-2014, 09:35 AM
My coach told me that the feet should be parallel when you cross your legs. Had not heard that before, but it does seem to make for a nicer presentation...

Melissa_59
01-06-2014, 09:51 AM
Referring to Erica Marie's picture, the 2nd from the left and the 2nd from the right have it correct - according to many women I've asked about the "proper" way to cross your legs. They should be crossed at the ankles and pulled back. That's what they teach in cotillion, anyway.

Myself, it depends on my mood and if I'm with company (which is extremely rare). I'll admit to crossing my legs at the knee because I'm comfortable that way.

Lexi Moralas
01-06-2014, 10:42 AM
I always cross my legs one knee over the other when dressed ( or when I used to dress )
I just think it is fem and sexy

aly01
01-06-2014, 11:55 AM
Knee over knee for me, and sometimes like the 2nd girl from left.

LaraPeterson
01-06-2014, 07:44 PM
One leg at a time, I say. Whatever is comfortable for you, Martha. If your build won't allow you to do knee over knee, don't try. Forcing yourself to do something uncomfortable will be way more obvious than just doing what you can. And getting healthier won't just make your doc happy, it'll let you live longer and cross your legs more.

CDKarissa
01-06-2014, 08:31 PM
I really like the photo! It shows a great variety of sitting lady like.

Daphne Renee
01-06-2014, 09:04 PM
I normally have my legs crossed one knee over the other. I dont often pay real clothes attention though.

Karren H
01-06-2014, 09:28 PM
Personally I think setting with your legs spread apart in a tight dress is pretty sexy! and solves all those "junk" issues... lol

flatlander_48
01-06-2014, 11:39 PM
Well, it would work to keep the operating temperature in check...

Martha G
01-07-2014, 12:29 PM
I would have to loose 50 lbs. to cross my legs knee over knee.

Since I like knee length or slightly above the knee skirts, I will simply cross my ankles when seated.

Tallulah Rose
01-07-2014, 12:52 PM
Looking at the picture on the previous page, I cross my legs like the girl in the center - knee over knee and keep my legs together at all times.

Karen kc
01-07-2014, 01:10 PM
My chiro says "always at the ankle"

julia marie
01-07-2014, 01:35 PM
Two things that help with knee over knee are to keep stretching out the muscles for short periods of time several times a week. That helps to make up for the differences in build (guy muscles and girl pelvis). Also, tuck the foot of your bottom leg as far back under your seat as feasible. I've found it creates less stress on the top leg. I was amazed at a recent conference where one of the GG speakers on stage crossed at the knees when she sat down and kept it that way for more than an hour. (OK, the legs were worth watching for that long). I would have cramped up after 15 minutes.

Angela.Moni
01-07-2014, 01:36 PM
I think the is no single proper way to cross your legs. really depends on the situation, your outfit, mood, etc. Sometimes we might feel a bit flirty and break a rule or two...wink. But I also like to keep my legs close together without crossing. If you do cross, don't forget to point your toes for a graceful look!

JustWendy
01-07-2014, 01:40 PM
When I was a young lad and in dude mode, I was able to sit like most guys did at the time with the ankle of one leg resting on the knee of the other and the lower part of the leg parallel to the ground. That put a lot of stress on my knee and very early on I opted for the more comfortable way of sitting with one knee over the other. So that’s the way I usually sit regardless of how I’m dressed. Although when wearing a skirt or dress I will sometimes have my legs together, turned to one side, and my ankles crossed. Oh, and I agree, great picture, Erica.

Wendy

Hermione83
01-07-2014, 03:00 PM
I think it depends on the height of the chair you seating on and what make comfortable for you too. With tall seats I always cross at the ankle and if it's at my knee height I cross my leg at the knee. If it's really low seating position I slant my legs closed together.

Lorileah
01-07-2014, 04:01 PM
When I was 15 and on the wrestling team (at 115 pounds...I miss those days), I sat on the bench one day in my unitard and crossed my legs at the knee. I was immediately chastised as not doing it like a guy, so I put my ankle up on my knee exposing my ...well if I had something to expose I would have been exposing it. That was the last time I ever sat that way. What I also used to be able to do was grapevine my lower legs.

Carla_68
01-08-2014, 05:06 AM
I find if sitting at a table to eat I have to concentrate on knees together if wearing a short skirt or dress (they seem to drift)

I prefer right over left knee, it seems to be comfortable for longer, obviously carefully does it when switching to left over right (no Cupid Stunt in best possible taste moves)

Avoid deep soft couches at all cost (you can not get back up in a lady like manner)