PDA

View Full Version : My first day out.

Peggie Lee
01-05-2014, 10:52 PM
My first outing

My first TG outing in a nice short cut silver white hair piece, a green blazer, a white pleated neck top and gray pants and no makeup. My son and grand daughter were over and gave me my first review, got a "it's OK".
Drove over to see my mom and brother, my mom thought I looked like Merv Griffin, my brother ( a CD'er) rated me a 2 on a 1 to 10 scale. With all these rousing reviews I left slightly down but while out for the day I stopped for gas an a lady told me she like my hair style , stopped at Mc D's for some ice tea sat there and just people watched and since I was dress the same as any other 65 yr old lady no one paid any attention and at the Chinese takeout the clerk ask where I got my blazer, most peoples reaction was to just smiled and go on about their business.

All and all this was a really great day for me.

Love to you all

Rylee :)

Foxglove
01-07-2014, 04:01 PM
Congrats, Rylee!

I remember well my first time out in all my glory. It blew my mind. It was like a huge weight had dropped from my shoulders. To be out in the world as your true self--it's a fabulous experience.

I wish you thousands more days like the one you just had.

Roli F
01-07-2014, 04:12 PM
Sounds like you had a blast keep it up hun xx

Aprilrain
01-07-2014, 06:27 PM
Glad you had a good time! It's good your getting honest feedback that's the only way to make improvements.

Rachel Smith
01-07-2014, 07:48 PM
Congrats!

As Foxglove said it is quite liberating.

Ah the first DAY out. I remember it well. I got all dressed up, not as in fancy, to go grocery shopping at a store 20 miles from home. I used to go there once a week after that. Now I just go down the street.

ginger raine
01-07-2014, 07:49 PM
i havent gone that far yet

KayleeTaylor
01-07-2014, 07:52 PM
Yes, the first day, such a liberating experience! Each time gets easier :)

Barbara Ella
01-07-2014, 07:57 PM
Yes it is great to just be a 65 year old woman out for a day. I treasure those days (although 67), and hope dearly that i can string some together. Keep at it Rylee.

Barbara