PDA

View Full Version : It's a foggy kind of day.

Julie1123
01-06-2014, 09:31 AM
Away from home at the moment and didn't pack any feminine clothes and really have the urge today. This has happened a couple of times now. Really need to learn from my mistakes and just pack an outfit by default just in case. Been perusing the forums and bought a few items from the VS clearance sale which helps with the fog a bit.

Also, Happy New Year!

And, once again, glad you are all here.

Feel free to fill this thread with random CD thoughts. Yay for living vicariously!

Marsha Marsh
01-06-2014, 09:37 AM
Julie, I travel a lot for work and it took a few times of not taking any girl clothes with me to figure out that I needed to at least carry some panties and a bra on every trip. Of course now the wife knows it is so much easier to pack and not worry if anyone will see what I am packing.
I hope you have a great day.
Marsha

Beverley Sims
01-06-2014, 09:45 AM
I quite often need to refresh my wardrobe whilst away.
Something new helps the blues. :)

Julie1123
01-06-2014, 09:48 AM
Kind of regretting passing up the option to drive my girlfriend to work today in order to have her car. Oh, well, new stuff will be waiting for me once I get home.

Marcelle
01-06-2014, 09:52 AM
Hi Julie,

I also travel a lot for work and now have suitcase for boy me and girl me . . . just in case I decide I want to visit my surrounding en girl. Took awhile to get used to packing for both genders but I think I have it down to a science now . . . the beauty of checklists.

Hugs

Isha

Julie1123
01-06-2014, 09:55 AM
*hugs Isha* I don't think I could ever pack two suitcases to anywhere. Firm believer in traveling as light as possible. :D

Cynthia Anne
01-06-2014, 10:12 AM
I believe in packing heavy no matter where I go! For instance I spent eight days in the hospital and six days in rehab during December and Cynthia had plenty of clothes to wear every day!

rocketscientist
01-06-2014, 11:32 AM
I have been faced with this dilemma before. I attended a distant relative's funeral a few years ago in Mid North Indiana. It was scheduled on a Thursday of all days so I took that day and Friday off work. After the ceremonies and visiting with relatives for awhile it was time to head home. Or was it? I figured since I had the next 3 days off I would head to Indianapolis and explore enfemme. But I had NO clothes or makeup or wig to speak of. So I decided I would have to get everything I needed there. First thing was a decent, reasonably priced wig. I found a nice one at at a local beauty shop for about $34 as well as some cheap eyeshadow for about $2 and a cute necklace and earring set for about $3. Next were the essentials that could not be obtained at the beauty shop. From experience I know that Wallyworld has all the brands of makeup that works for me at the most reasonable prices, including Almay retractable eyeliner pencil($7)NYC foundation($4) and Physicians Formula powder in Translucent #1640($11). Next were clothes. I found some real nice tops and few skirts and a swimsuit bottom at a local GW store. Total spent there was about $16. Then found a cute pair of heels on clearance as well as a cami/bra at Sears in the local mall for $17. So, back to the motel that was my temporary home for next few days and I shaved, showered and did the best makeup I could with what I had and dressed in my new outfit, using a couple of well rolled t-shirts as forms. Not knowing the city, I reached out via PM to our very own KimberlyTX to ask where I should go in Indy. Following her advice, I had a nice little meal at English Ivy's and caught a drag show at Talbott St, a local TG nightspot. So, besides the cost for 3 nights at the motel, it cost me approximately $90 to start from scratch to be reasonably passable. I suppose you could possibly do it for a little less, but I don't think a whole lot less. If you can afford the extra, it's the way to go. Your mileage may vary. Hugs,Tonya

reb.femme
01-06-2014, 01:55 PM
I'm with Isha on the 2 bags front. In fact, my girl (smaller) and drab (larger) bags have swapped over as I can get my forms, clothes and makeup stuff in without any issues. My absolute base-line femme attire for an overnight stay though, is a nightie and dressing gown.

I really wish I could just go femme, but I'm a dreamer. :daydreaming:

Rebecca

LaraPeterson
01-06-2014, 07:26 PM
Hi Julie, I just bought a black finish aluminum train case for my makeup. I think it's about 21 inches long. It has one of those "diamond" armor looking designs and looks sort of like it could used for electronics or something else. I guess it disguises itself without meaning to. Anyway, I've found that I have plenty of room inside it for lingerie and a dress. Shoes won't fit, though. If you had something like that, at least you could get all comfortable when you are away from home without having to carry another full bag.

But like Isha said, sometimes a girl just has to carry a lot of luggage.