PDA

View Full Version : I sure do love my wife

Bria
01-07-2014, 07:41 PM
I have thought that my wife was fairly supportive of my cding, but last
Friday she told me that she had gone to a psychologist because she was having trouble understanding every thing. I thought Oh S**t, I've been taken over by the pink fog and didn't see this coming.

Fortunately I've been paying attention to this forum, and said that I didn't want to do anything that she was uncomfortable with, was it OK to wear the girl jeans with the sparkly pockets? She said that was OK. I'm looking for limits here! Then I ask if it was OK to wear the skirt that I usually put on after I get home from work and get out of my work clothes? That was OK too.

Saturday we talked a little more about it. I asked was it the boobs that she didn't like? No the boobs were OK but she didn't know why anybody would want boobs because they are a pain (She has very large boobs that probably are a pain sometimes). Then she said that what really bothered her was the wig, it just didn't look right.

Sunday she said that she didn't want to hurt me. I told here that she certainly did not do that. Then she said that I could wear what ever I wanted whenever I wanted, just don't post any pictures or sent any over the net. I said I wouldn't do that.

God I sure do love my wife!!

Hugs Bria

monalisa
01-07-2014, 07:54 PM
Your wife is one in a million so you better tell her that.

MissTee
01-07-2014, 07:56 PM
Discussing what works and understanding what boundaries are acceptable is the key to a long term supportive relationship for us. Great to know you have talked openly about that. Good luck!!

LaraPeterson
01-07-2014, 08:34 PM
You're a luck girl, to have a girl who understand girls.

kimdl93
01-07-2014, 08:46 PM
It's great that your wife was willing to address her concerns with a competent professional rather than repressing them or rigidly objecting. That show both a remarkable level of intelligence and a commitment to you that some women are incapable or unwilling to make. The subsequent conversations show that she's still adjusting and internalizing what she's learned. Give her some room and so e time and of course show your equal commitment to her and your appreciation for all she has done.

devida
01-07-2014, 08:46 PM
Do you need a different wig? Or is she saying she doesn't want you to wear a wig at all? My wife is incredibly accepting but she doesn't really like my (little) boobs. So I won't get bigger ones! At least not yet!

Beverley Sims
01-07-2014, 10:04 PM
Bria,
Get a suitable hair do. :)
Remember, don't push it. :)

Bree Wagner
01-07-2014, 11:44 PM
A wig is my wife's biggest challenge too and I can see why. When the wig goes on the whole look totally changes. It's still 'me' without the wig, with it on her husband seems to disappear.

Good luck to you and your wife as you walk down this road.

-Bree

Rachelakld
01-08-2014, 01:11 AM
well done,
Don't forget she may have moods when she won't want you to dress, and other times it's okay.
I learned not to wear a wig when wife is home, kids don't mind, but I never use my girl voice on any of them.
I tend to dress up at home 2 - 3 evenings a week, I'ld like to do 7, but need to be a bloke for them.

Marcelle
01-08-2014, 08:13 AM
Hi Bria,

What a great story and what a great wife. This is great example of how communication in a marriage works well . . . no confusion and just mutual agreement.

Hugs

Isha

Genneva Lynn
01-08-2014, 11:29 AM
I wish is was that simple. I love my wift too, but not for the reasons you talk about.

Jackie7
01-08-2014, 12:35 PM
Maybe she would go to a wig store with you and help you find something she could like.

DonnaT
01-08-2014, 04:07 PM
It's good to be able to talk things through. Congrats.

My wife didn't like my first wig and offered to go with me to find a better one.

She still doesn't like me to wear it in the house, however, and I'm OK with that. For me, it's about the clothes, not the overall fem appearance. I can wear what I want at home :) without the wig and makeup.

Tina_gm
01-08-2014, 04:49 PM
Bria, 1st, congrats that you have found someone who is willing to try and is attempting to accept this side of you. Congrats also to your open communication. I would only add caution to what appears to be a green light here. While she is giving you the ok to dress as you please, make sure you get in some good quality guy time for her as well.

I think by their nature, women tend to want to please their men however it is they can do so. It can cause them a lot of conflict in the case of CDing though, so always (for anyone) please tread carefully, Do not floor it when you get a green light and don't take any of it for granted.

Chickhe
01-08-2014, 04:56 PM
I think you need to invite her wig shopping... I know when a wig doesn't look good, you look like a 'guy in a wig'... with the right style, you will look more normal', more feminine, but normal.

Bria
01-08-2014, 06:39 PM
I didn't try to find out whether she thought that the wig that I have is the wrong style or whether she just plain doesn't like any wig. I thought that that discussion could come later, the go slow mode. Thanks to all for your positive comments and sage advice. I was really happy that she could compomise in this area.

How can we get Congress to do the same, opps no politics here!!

Hugs Bria

Maria in heels
01-08-2014, 07:25 PM
and don't forget to give your wife a BIG HUG Bria!

I didn't try to find out whether she thought that the wig that I have is the wrong style or whether she just plain doesn't like any wig. I thought that that discussion could come later, the go slow mode. Thanks to all for your positive comments and sage advice. I was really happy that she could compromise in this area.

Bria...my wife has known about Maria forever....we share closets and too bad we don't share shoe size LOL. She is fine with Maria, but too chooses no hair, because I guess it makes me still me, and with Maria's hair, she sees a different person entirely....