PDA

View Full Version : One little step

Irena
01-08-2014, 10:41 AM
Hi girls,

Today was a special day for me. I made a small step on a long and guess bumpy route.
I talked to the transgender department of the hospital to sign me up. Unfortunately due to some issues between the hospital and the major insurance companies they don’t accept new patients for a couple of months. I still have the option to go to Gent in Belgium. But since I live in Amsterdam in the Netherlands I prefer to wait a couple of months. Though I have to say it’s disappointing of course but the waiting is worth it! But on the bright side the hospital did put me in contact with a cd/transgender support group this means I will soon be able to talk about my feelings with other people who have the same kind of feelings. I also got the address of a professional consular.
To celebrate this small but big event I allowed myself to practice makeup and be Irena.
I had only one hour because my boyfriend is only approximately one hour later home from work then me. But still I was a wonderful hour and I really enjoyed myself being Irena again. I was well worth the effort of hastily cleaning everything up.

X, Irena

Suzanne F
01-08-2014, 10:49 AM
Irena,
Good for you! It all starts with small steps. Keep us posted on your journey. Does your boyfriend support your transforming into Irena?
Hugs
Suzanne

Marcelle
01-08-2014, 10:55 AM
Hi Irena,

That is a great but not so little first step . . . Congratulations and good luck on your journey. It may be bumpy but when you get to the end it will be worth it. Transition is a big step as there are lots of gals on this site who can attest to that and I also wonder if you have discussed this with your boyfriend. If this is the route you want to go and you want him with you, he should know sooner than later.

Hugs

Isha

Katey888
01-08-2014, 10:56 AM
That's nice Irena, and good that you get a little 'you' time.
I guess with all these things some waiting time is to be expected - maybe that will help you get some good advice and get accustomed to the feelings.
Wish you the best - keep us updated.
Katey x

Rhonda Jean
01-08-2014, 11:28 AM
Holy crap! There's a transgender department at a hospital in Amsterdam and all you have to do is sign up? What are you signing up for? A couple month wait for what? I know medical care over there is a lot different than in the U.S., but dang!

For some reason my mind went directly to the ear piercing debate: Claire's or the tattoo parlor. Next it'll be, "I had my SRS done at Claire's and had no problems!"

Irena
01-08-2014, 03:09 PM
Hi Isha and Suzanne,

At the moment my boyfriend knows that i like to cd. But he dousnt know that for a long time yet. And he accepts it but has some difficulties with it to. But he dousn’t know that I wish to be a girl yet.
I know I will have to tell him. But since the journey of becoming a girl will take more than a year and. I want to let him get used to me cross-dressing more often. And you are both right he has to know.
But he is de guy I love for real! We are together almost 7 years and I want get old with him so I don’t want to rush the subject in I want to prepare him so the shock will be less and our chance to stay to getter will hopefully be bigger. I also want to talk this over with a professional consular too before I take this step. Finally wish to say that you girl are a big support for me and I appreciate it very much!

X, Irena

Suzanne F
01-08-2014, 03:15 PM
It does sound reasonable to see a therapist first before disclosing that you want to be a woman. I always want to be honest with my spouse but I may need to work out how I really feel first. There is a fine line there. I disclosed as much as I knew a year ago. Good luck and we will be here!
Hugs
Suzanne

Irena
01-08-2014, 03:20 PM
Hi Rhonda Jean,

Yes were are Lucky the Healthcare system is still quite good in the Netherland. Sighing up isn’t that simple thought. You will have to go to your local doctor first. After several appointments this doctor can sign you up at hospital. There the will start a program that takes over a year. They will for example test if you’re not illegal drug of psychotic, etc and you get counselling too. After that you and the doctor can decide what will be necessary. I believe usually you will start with hormone treatment. So it’s quite long route. But still we are lucky get be able to get all of this from our healthcare.

X, Irena

Beverley Sims
01-08-2014, 03:32 PM
Irena,
All the best for your upcoming journey, may it be free of troubles for you.