PDA

View Full Version : What is it about CDing and doctor visits?

Marleena
01-08-2014, 11:50 AM
There are so many threads about this and I'm just trying to figure out why so forgive me for asking. I told my doctor in advance so there would be no surprises.

Gillian Gigs
01-08-2014, 11:57 AM
I think that it has to do with the stigmas that we have within our thinking. Our thinking gets formed by our culture, and we all know about what our culture thinks about anything that is different.

Lorileah
01-08-2014, 12:15 PM
it is the "I have to take off at least some of my clothes and my secret will be revealed" syndrome, like going to the gym, the pool, locker at work, my job as a stripper... :).

JustWendy
01-08-2014, 12:19 PM
Marleena –
There are still many of us who hide this side of ourselves from the world in general. For the most part we are in control of the extent to which we want to hide when we go out. The one place where we cede this control is when we require the help of a health care provider. It’s this potential (or actual) exposure that brings on the anxiety, especially when it is an unplanned visit. Fortunately, as I have found and as many have reinforced for me, they are health care professionals, with the emphasis on Professional.

Wendy

Marleena
01-08-2014, 12:23 PM
I get the accidental outing thing Wendy. If it had happened to me I'd just own it. It's the element of surprise for the doctor I don't get as it seems exciting for some.

Lol @ Lorileah...Sheesh!

Jaylyn
01-08-2014, 12:28 PM
Lorileah my job as a stripper.
Now you got my attention miss Lorileah I knew you were hiding something. It's ok just private message me where and times you work.... I'm gonna start saving my dollar bills, heck might even throw in a ten for a lap dance..... Lol you are correct though about the NAKKID part not many things can hide when ya go to the doctors and have to strip down. Those dang little gowns don't look fashionable turned backwards either and its always a tell tale sign when you have to turn your head and cough. About the only thing makes me feel womanly is the erectile exam..... Ooooooo I quit that's bad..... Sorry

julia marie
01-08-2014, 12:50 PM
I understand why there may be odd feelings on the part of full-time dressers when it comes time to go to the doctor for the first time. Some doctors can be judgmental. What I don't understand in some of these threads is why guys who only underdress occasionally feel the need to underdress for a doctor visit. Is it just so the doctor will see? A touch of exhibitionism? Sorry, I'm just trying to figure that out. I have a followup appointment later this week, and it's simpler just to wear the boy underwear that I wear half the time anyway.

Shari
01-08-2014, 02:01 PM
I agree with Julia. Why not just avoid the stress and wear the tighty whiteys for a couple hours?

Although on my last doctor visit I was fully shaved for the first time in front of him.
He nor the nurse ever batted an eye and I felt a bit "liberated" as it were.

Joanne f
01-08-2014, 02:24 PM
I do not tell anyone as I assume that most people have the intelligence to work it out for themselves, if I was then asked about it I would be quite happy to say " I am TG so it is normal to me" .

Claire Cook
01-08-2014, 03:18 PM
What I don't understand in some of these threads is why guys who only underdress occasionally feel the need to underdress for a doctor visit. Is it just so the doctor will see? A touch of exhibitionism? .

I don't know if any of us underdress just for a doctor visit (does anyone out there do this?). Like some (many?) of us, I don't have any male underwear, and I wear a bra most of the time. So it's no different for me.

Beverley Sims
01-08-2014, 03:34 PM
I am still not out to my doctor so I play the game straight.

Laura912
01-08-2014, 05:40 PM
Are those who get "caught" by the doctor bragging or complaining?

ReineD
01-08-2014, 05:42 PM
Marleena, don't you remember how nerve wracking it was just before you ever told someone?

Marleena
01-08-2014, 06:25 PM
@Reine. Yes I do remember hiding my gender issues from everybody including my doctor. That is why I don't get the excitement over showing the doctor painted toes or panties out of the blue. Is he the guinea pig for outing oneself or just a safe person to underdress around? If I was a doctor I'd be thinking WTF? lol.

Accidental outings due to health issues or accidents are different of course.

whowhatwhen
01-08-2014, 06:29 PM
When I first saw my new GP I asked her flat out if it was okay that I was trans and seeking HRT in the future.
She has no problem with it but ironically I wear whatever underwear I have that's free of holes so it never really occurred to me to worry.

Rogina B
01-08-2014, 06:34 PM
The thing is,for those that are excited by the prospect of shocking the doc,is this...It is a MEDICAL doctor,and you are there for medical reasons. Time is limited,and your hobby is no more impressive than fishing,hunting,playing golf,etc..Why should he care about your pink panties and your also pink toenails?

Marleena
01-08-2014, 06:35 PM
Are those who get "caught" by the doctor bragging or complaining?

It seems they prepare to get caught Laura.

Barbara Dugan
01-08-2014, 06:43 PM
when my doctor asked me If I was gay and why shaved my body it was more about health issues in general

ReineD
01-08-2014, 06:46 PM
I must have missed the threads about getting excited over getting caught by the doctor.

... but, I guess we do have a group of people here for whom it is more of a fetish. There is a very wide spectrum. Hopefully all members here are respectful of each other's motives. :)

Marleena
01-08-2014, 06:53 PM
Thanks Reine, I'm just trying to understand the motives.:) Like I said I just told mine so he knew what to expect from me. I guess maybe I was too modest or chicken to spring it on him out of the blue. Like most have said it's not a big deal anyways, I guess.

karynspanties
01-08-2014, 08:29 PM
Same as getting dressed and going to Walmart I guess.

kimdl93
01-08-2014, 09:47 PM
I do suspect that there's a measure of exhibitionism involved for some. I would feel uncomfortable if my doc thought hat was my motivation!

Jenessa
01-08-2014, 10:03 PM
I understand why there may be odd feelings on the part of full-time dressers when it comes time to go to the doctor for the first time. Some doctors can be judgmental. What I don't understand in some of these threads is why guys who only underdress occasionally feel the need to underdress for a doctor visit. Is it just so the doctor will see? A touch of exhibitionism? Sorry, I'm just trying to figure that out. I have a followup appointment later this week, and it's simpler just to wear the boy underwear that I wear half the time anyway.

I don't own any mens underwear and haven't is 13ish years, I also have worn a bra everyday for almost 2 years. Why alter my everyday routine just because I am seeing my Dr? If he is a pro (mine is) he won't care, if he is not, its time ti find another Dr. Another possibility for some is that there is Dr. Patient confidentiality so they don't have to worry about being outed.

alice clair
01-09-2014, 09:15 AM
I go to the doctor a lot and I usually just wear some plain white bikini panties. I don't want to embarrass her and I am not there to impress her or myself, she is a good doctor and we get along just fine the way it is.

Wildaboutheels
01-09-2014, 09:49 AM
An easy guess is that for the ones who will never leave their closet, it's an easy way to tell at least ONE person who "can be trusted" not to spill the beans.

The bigger question is why someone would think a doctor or anyone else on the street would CARE what underwear others choose to wear. They are called underwear for a reason.

trishacd
01-09-2014, 10:05 AM
I shave completly and my doctor never says anything

Sarasometimes
01-09-2014, 10:07 AM
I tend to agree with Marleena/Rogina B.
To those who are full-time or close to it, I think you are just behaving as you usually do. I think this thread is more aimed at the occasional dresser/underdresser who knowingly plans to reveal the panties and painted toes. I would not use that method since I don't desire to shock or surprise my doctor. If I felt the need to inform them that I dress, that would be covered in our conversation.
To those who do it for a thrill, IMHO there are better more respectful ways to get thrills. I like to be respected and have found that showing respect is a great way to get it. This is the reason why I often call stores/salons and explain my circumstance beforehand, I don't wish to shock or embarass others, nor do I like that done to me.
Maybe this method is counter-productive to our greater cause but it is my approach.

Melissa_Rose
01-09-2014, 10:07 AM
As someone who can speak with experience in the healthcare field, I can tell you that clothing isnt what your doctor is paying attention to. Doctors have a limited amount of time to obtain information and exam findings. Unless you are there for a gender issue or need surgical removal of your panties, a doctor wont care about your clothing choices.