PDA

View Full Version : 1st ever outing

Megan.
01-08-2014, 02:02 PM
hi there tomorrow night i am going to my first ever cd support group have you great people got any advice or tips for me thanks megan.

Dana M
01-08-2014, 02:07 PM
Megan,

Have not gone to any meetings yet, but have been looking in to it. From what I have found while doing research on Cd support groups thing should be ok. Are you going en femme, or en drab. From what I have read going en drab the first time is the way most of us go. Later we can work up our courage to going en femme.

Good luck to you.

Megan.
01-08-2014, 02:13 PM
hiya i am going en femme thanks

Sarah Marie
01-08-2014, 02:15 PM
Megan! Congratulations! The first time I ever went to a CD support group I was really scared. Are you going en femme? I would say just be yourself and see how it goes. If it's the same thing as here, there will be some chatting, maybe a presentation and then social time. You'll quickly learn who has been out longer and who might be a newbie. In my experience, most girls are nice and will have similar stories as you. Don't be put off if some girls seem clique-ish. It's just that some girls already know and are comfortable with each other. Don't be afraid to say hi and introduce yourself. Unless they forbid it, there may be some gentlemen admirers there. Don't be freaked out if there are. Have fun and a martini!!!

Hugs,
Sarah

reb.femme
01-08-2014, 02:15 PM
Hi Megan,

I see you are UK based. Whereabouts though?

A south London girl, I've been to several meetings with a group near me and it is an excellent way of getting to meet others in a secure environment. My wife dropped me off for the first 3 meetings (and picked me up), so I was able to quell the original nerves with a few vodka/oranges :heehee:. I went en femme from the off, "in for a penny, in for a pound" as they say and why waste a good thing by dressing as I normally do.

Easy to say, but relax and hopefully enjoy the experience.

Rebecca

Sarah Marie
01-08-2014, 02:21 PM
Rebecca has good advice. I went en femme for the first meeting, too. (Good advice on the vodka, too!!! that is, if you're not driving)

Megan.
01-08-2014, 02:22 PM
hi thanks for your reply i am going en femme defo lol i am not driving either my mum is coming with me for support

Sarah Marie
01-08-2014, 02:32 PM
hi thanks for your reply i am going en femme defo lol i am not driving either my mum is coming with me for support
That's awesome! It will help that she's coming and it's cool that she is accepting!!! Buy her a martini!

reb.femme
01-08-2014, 03:24 PM

My mum would only have turned up if she could have brought her pitch fork and a well lit torch for burning the place down.....bless! :heehee:

Lucky you, sounds like a great mum.

Rebecca

Beverley Sims
01-08-2014, 03:29 PM
Just enjoy yourself. :)

Suzanne F
01-08-2014, 04:33 PM
Have fun! I dressed en femme the first time and had a lovely time. Yes it is different being around a lot of girls the first time and it can seem awkward. But I wanted to to be different and it is worth the awkwardness. You will be so delighted!
Hugs
Suzanne

Genny B
01-08-2014, 04:46 PM
I have been getting ready for my first group meeting for a few months. So much to do and so little time... LOL. Having seen pictures from the group I plan on attending in fem! But I also know they allow you to attend not in fem and to change there if you desire. Maybe your group has such options?
Genny B

heatherdress
01-09-2014, 12:38 AM
Good for you - how did it go?

Daphne Renee
01-09-2014, 12:42 AM
Hope everything went well for you. I havent found a support group in my area yet but I am looking into it.

Megan.
01-09-2014, 02:22 AM
Have fun! I dressed en femme the first time and had a lovely time. Yes it is different being around a lot of girls the first time and it can seem awkward. But I wanted to to be different and it is worth the awkwardness. You will be so delighted!
Hugs
Suzanne

hiya thnks for your reply i feel really nervous about what people are going to think of me.