PDA

View Full Version : Why are you here?

Kate Simmons
01-09-2014, 08:18 AM
Folks join the Forum for various reasons no doubt hoping that they will learn something in connection with CDing and to see what others are going through and to share their own experiences. I joined years ago at the suggestion of my friend Karren. This was after I had done a search on drag queens and curiously this site came up and a question posed by Karren about what to do about lines on the forehead caused by wearing wigs. I had solved this problem some time ago, so shared my solution. I then investigated the Forum to see what it was all about and made a member request in a matter of minutes. The rest is history.

I had already resolved my dressing long before I had joined and was comfortable being who I was. I mostly stayed here to see what issues others were having in connection with CDing and share my experiences if I felt they may help. In the process I have gained many friends here over the years. The other thing is that I never take myself that seriously and always manage to find humor in it all.At this point in my life there is not too much that they can do to me anyway. I'm dead serious when it comes to friendships though and extend myself whenever possible. I feel we should make the most of whoever we are as a person and enjoy it. The person we are inside is the one that really counts, appearance notwithstanding. Why are you here? :)

CarlaWestin
01-09-2014, 08:24 AM
I'm here 'cause I found y'all here. And I gots a lot in common with y'all

trishacd
01-09-2014, 08:36 AM
I am here because there was a time i felt like the only person in the world who liked to dress. I have read so many post that really hit home. I feel like one of the gurls here with people like me.

Violet-13
01-09-2014, 08:37 AM
for more information and friend ship

NicoleScott
01-09-2014, 08:40 AM
...a question posed by Karren about what to do about lines on the forehead caused by wearing wigs.

I'll answer the topic question, but first, I had the same concerns about the forehead lines caused by a wig. My solution was to wear a baseball-type hat after de-femming, if I had to be seen. That way, if I removed the hat, the lines were easily explained (dang, this hat is tight!)

I dealt with my desire to crossdress and my associated fetishes ALONE for a very long time. From reading all I could, usually in psychology books or Penthouse Forum, I knew there were others, but I still had nobody to talk to, and I concluded I was either a mental case or a pervert. My first conversations with other CDers were on AOL crossdresser chat rooms (10+ years ago). I landed here five years ago.
Now I know I'm not either a mental case or a pervert. I'm both. haha

Paula DAngelo
01-09-2014, 08:44 AM
I'm here for the knowledge and information that is shared, not that I always agree with everything that is posted. Also for the support that comes from knowing that I'm not the only person like this.

Kate Simmons
01-09-2014, 08:50 AM
I greatly value all of my friends here including the ones who don't always agree with me because I know one size doesn't fit all. BTW, my solution for the wig crease problem was to cut down a panty liner to put under it. It's thin enough not to stick out but also minimize any impression left on the skin.:)

Beverley Sims
01-09-2014, 08:55 AM
Kate,
I stay here hoping that one day I can disagree with you on some subject. :)
Meantime I will just stay and enjoy what I am doing.

Kate Simmons
01-09-2014, 09:02 AM
That would be cool Bev. We could agree to disagree. ;):battingeyelashes::)

mykell
01-09-2014, 09:05 AM
birds of a feather....

stephNE
01-09-2014, 09:09 AM
I guess there are a lot of reasons. I do feel a sisterhood, as we all seem to have a lot in common. I also feel that this is a group of very nice people. It is so nice to read about all good (successful??) outings.
There is one thing I don't like about this site. After you read a few posts by someone, you start to feel like you're getting know them. In a couple cases there has been a posting about an unfortunate event in their life, and then they disappear, and I feel bad that I can't contact them, offer any encouragement, nor help out.

Sara Jessica
01-09-2014, 09:11 AM
While I don't recall exactly how I tripped into these pages, writing for me has always been a cathartic experience. I've been around the block a time or two having taken very natural steps into the outside world at a rather young age without the assistance of any outside influences such as the internet so I hope I have shared some helpful hints over the years.

Ever since I made a decision to accept my path and live rather than cope, I find the need to write to be less and less. Yet I recently tried to get back into writing mode by crafting a series of musings on style and given their fate, I guess less is really more. It was fun while it lasted.

Zylia
01-09-2014, 09:16 AM
Because I felt the need to open the closet door a little and talk about it and this seemed like a safe place with lots of active members. I learned a lot about myself and trans stuff in general in the process and I still do.

AnnieMac
01-09-2014, 09:20 AM
That's a really good question, made me think emotionally for a minute. I'm here because "Annie" gets to communicate and interact with others as "Annie. I so enjoy getting to express and share my natural female self and ideas in freedom with others, and others like me. There's much more female inside me than I originally thought. Thank you. I love Y'all. (as you get from my comment, Annie is still a secret to anyone else in my life).

. . and on the wig lines. Never thought about that, How long does it normally take those marks to naturally dissipate? A few hours?

Wildaboutheels
01-09-2014, 09:33 AM
To help the Newbies mostly. Or anyone else with an open mind.

And of course all those folks who keep asking WHY.

Additionally, all who water here, who feel shame and/or guilt for something they have ZERO control over.

Lastly, to dispel all these common Forum MYTHS that could easily get Newbies into hot water.

deebra
01-09-2014, 09:50 AM
I'm also here for the friendship, support and advice but most of all for this being the first place to announce that magical little pill that will transform me into what I really want to look like.

gina bennett
01-09-2014, 10:02 AM
just felt the need to see how others are feeling with a similar interest of crossdressing from time to time.

kimdl93
01-09-2014, 10:18 AM
I sought this site out for information, mostly practical, how to information. I also gained some unexpected insights that helped me get past some mental obstacles, like I'm too physically masculine to dress like a woman, or just too ugly. But most importantly, I received inspiration from the accomplishments of others here...something I'd never imagined occurred as a result. I escaped my closet and stepped out into that big ol world!

Saikotsu
01-09-2014, 10:20 AM
I'm at that stage where I'm trying to figure out who and what I am. Plus, its nice being able to talk about this stuff with others. My girlfriend has been amazingly supportive, but she's just one person. Here I can get a lot more feedback and information from other people going through the same things as myself. Plus she can get the information she needs as well. So it's win win. Who knows, maybe I have something to offer others.

Lady Catherine
01-09-2014, 10:22 AM
Why am I here? One word. Comradery.

Rachael Leigh
01-09-2014, 10:26 AM
I came here at first to be open an honest as to who I am and to be comfortable with my dressing even with my Christian faith. I know many here have had a bad time with those who have faith especially in their own family. The longer I've been here the more I've learned about the girls here and how many of you have been so helpful in my own journey as a CD and it's been wonderful. I am now more comfortable than I've ever been about being a CD

Tracii G
01-09-2014, 10:39 AM
I like many found this site looking for answers to all the questions I had.
Found many sites that were geared more towards the kinky sex fetish side and that was just not me and I felt really out of place.
Found this site and read a few threads and said "this is the place for me" and have been here ever since.
Made some great friends here over the years and even have met some in person along the way.
The information here is honest and not colored with that horse manure some sites contain.
Karren Hutton stood out to me to be open honest (brutally at times) person that had such a great sense of humor, her comments rang true for me.She felt like I did and was of a kindred spirit.
CD.com is a blessing in my life and I am glad it is here for all to use and enjoy.

Gillian Gigs
01-09-2014, 10:59 AM
I need to know that I am not alone, that I am not the only one who has this panache. At times I can get down on myself and I need something to lift me up and make me feel that I can succeed regardless of my habits. I can tell myself it's only clothes, and so does my wife, but it is nice to hear it from another source who is also sitting in the same boat. As the expression goes, "Birds of a feather, flock together". We all need to be with someone of the same kind at times.

Katey888
01-09-2014, 11:06 AM
Now I know I'm not either a mental case or a pervert. I'm both. haha
I believe myself and probably many others are with Nicole on this - and my initial motives were the same but it's taken me longer to get to verbalising my thoughts and CD.com seemed to offer a place to do this safely. I'd echo many of the previous comments (so I won't repeat them...) but the strongest feeling I have now is that this is a safe way to share, be supported, support and interact.
Thank goodness I found this forum when I did - I might otherwise be telling everyone on facebook or LinkedIn :D
Oh, and I can blather on (and sometimes be useful) and be an exhibitionist and post pictures AND it makes me feel better about myself. :)
Love and Hugs, Gurls...
Katey x

Genneva Lynn
01-09-2014, 11:41 AM
I enjoy the feeling of crossdressing and can not get out and need the knowledge that I'm not the only one in the world with those feelings. I enjoy the interaction with the other Gurls. Hopefuly some day I will have opertunity to venture out.

Jodi
01-09-2014, 11:46 AM
There had been a prior cd message board that I had joined in 2000. I was active on it before it dissolved in around 2005 or so. At that time members were referring to this MB and I lurked for a while, then joined.

Jodi

Dianne S
01-09-2014, 11:54 AM
I'm here for a number of reasons. It's fun to talk about cross-dressing. I've received some valuable makeup and presentation tips. But mostly, it's about feeling part of a community. That's the same reason I go to a local CD social group---to be part of a community.

Lorileah
01-09-2014, 12:26 PM
I think I was referred here, then I lost the keys to the car and couldn't leave.

I stayed because I liked the discussions and for the free lunches

Laura Collette
01-09-2014, 12:39 PM
I began crossdressing again last year after a long time without, and decided I need to learn more about myself -- so I did a search and found this forum. I was glad to see that there are many like me here, in the closet and not transitioning or on hormones. Reading here is a validation and posting here is an outlet for feelings I can't express elsewhere.

Marcie
01-09-2014, 12:41 PM
I love to hear the comments from our other sisters, they give us a lot of good advice on makeup and proper choices of clothing. They also give some good advice on safety issues when travelling outside.

Di
01-09-2014, 12:44 PM
I joined here 9 yrs ago I had a good friend that was a cder was looking for info to help her. ( I also had an ex that was a cder)
Met alot of friends and stayed here:D THEN met Sherlyn here dated then married.
So that is how I came here......and why I am still here. :love:

Talisker
01-09-2014, 12:55 PM
Since im pretty new to this (first wig last year) im here to get information from others and to learn about myself. Oh yeah its fun as well.

stephannietv
01-09-2014, 12:58 PM
wow annieMac,you have gorgeous eyes,browa,lashes,the whole package,how I'd love to learn how to do that,i'm guessing the rest of you is as gorgeous as your eyes are,i'm here to learn,observe and hopefully chat to other gurls on here and to thank whoever allowed me to join this group a big thank you,substeftv

Elle1946
01-09-2014, 01:13 PM
Because the people that are here understand me and I understand them.

Drusilla
01-09-2014, 01:14 PM
I came here as I wanted (or needed) a place where I could openly admit and talk about all aspects of crossdressing.

MzVanessa
01-09-2014, 01:21 PM
Hi everyone... I'm new to the forums and the reason I'm here is to make new friends and hopefully find the encouragement and strength to allow my femme side to become a bigger part of my life.

Sheila11
01-09-2014, 02:20 PM
I just showed up for the free food.

Still looking.

JamieQ
01-09-2014, 02:38 PM
Here to find answers and to confirm or validate...Hopefully also to find freinds...Share real life xperiences, and the blessings and curses of it all...support to know I am not alone...

Sandra
01-09-2014, 02:43 PM
Why am I here......cos Tamara won't let me leave :D

Julie1123
01-09-2014, 02:50 PM
A few things, information, affirmation, and a place to vent my crossdressing thoughts.

As well as and most importantly, the people, I've said it before and I'll say it many more times. You all are great. Many of you have helped me immensely.

Joanne f
01-09-2014, 03:05 PM
A good question , I originally joined because it seemed like a safe idea to join a forum that was not very local :D I had originally started to join a local one but they wanted more from me than I wanted to give at that time and I had to use a library computer that would not let me send messages to a CD site so I stuck with this one
I do not know what I was really looking for but thought it could not do to much harm by being here ( well harm to myself ,I do not know about harm to you lot of lovely people):heehee: I will admit that at first I thought it was quite a simple thing that it was just about wearing different clothes so there would not be much for me to learn about myself , how wrong was I , being here has showed me that for myself it runs much deeper than that and in fact it has less to do with the clothes and more with what is inside of me , the clothes are secondary not the priority.
Why am I still her , I enjoy it so you lot are stuck with me and Admin has been kind enough to let me on here ( so blame them ) and don't PM Admin as a certain one might have angelic looks but a blooming hard bite , now I am going off topic so I had better close . :brolleyes:

Jonithan
01-09-2014, 03:09 PM
I'm here to know that I am not alone. That there is nothing wrong with me. That there is a deeper meaning to why I am who I am. As opposed to technical forums I belong to, in an emotional(???) forum, there is no right or wrong. This is the year I start my journey with all of you....

Joni

Jorja
01-09-2014, 03:10 PM
I was on a fishing trip, the boat hit a hidden rock and sunk the boat. When I finally swam ashore I thought the sign said Gilligan's Island. That's my story and I am sticking to it!

Kate Simmons
01-09-2014, 03:16 PM
It's nice to know that the Forum provides a fairly safe haven for some we would otherwise not hear from. I love reading about everyone's thoughts and feelings on things. :)

Sandygal
01-09-2014, 03:21 PM
Because it felt wonderfull knowing I wasn't alone.

Sandra
01-09-2014, 03:26 PM
Ok serious answer now. :)

I like being here, I like trying to help others and will offer advise to anyone, then it's up to them to take it or leave it.

Chickhe
01-09-2014, 03:38 PM
At the start it was an attempt to answer 'why'. The freedom to share stories and read other real experiences allowed me to see that I was not alone and I stuck with this site because it was the only one that was respectable even though its a bit too far on the controlling side. I never exactly answered why, but I now just enjoy reading about other people's experiences. By interacting with others anonymously and not having to be committed to local group at a specific time or location allows for a pretty safe way to learn about yourself.

LilSissyStevie
01-09-2014, 03:52 PM
I came her because I was burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night. I knew I should have taken that left turn at Albuquerque!

Madilyn A.
01-09-2014, 03:52 PM
Like so many; trying to answer the questions about my unusual behavior, crossdressing. Then finding so many really wonderful friends who have journeyed the same paths as myself and the feeling of belonging to a very special group of people.

reb.femme
01-09-2014, 03:54 PM
NicoleScott and Zylia basically covered all the bases for me.

Almost two years ago, I was feeling isolated and entering a period of change from fetish dressing to pure crossdressing (does such a state exist :heehee:) and this was when I started surfing for like minds and happened upon this site. I'm active...ish on another UK site but 90 plus percent of my forum time is spent here.

Rebecca

Cheryl T
01-09-2014, 03:54 PM
I'm Here 'cause there was no one There...lol.

Basically I came to learn how others felt and stayed because of how similar we all are at the base of things.
It's nice to share thoughts, tips and ideas with others and not be constantly criticized because of what we do. I find I really love to share the things I've learned over my lifetime of dressing with others and truly enjoy hearing their experiences.

Jilmac
01-09-2014, 10:06 PM
Kate. this is a very good question and many of the replies seem to be spot on. I have been dressing most of my life but stayed deep in the closet because my two spouses disapproved. When wife #2 passed away I had the opportunity to come out and be myself, and I was looking for people like myself to gain information from. I googled crossdressers and this forum came to the top of the list. I lurked for about a week reading many of the threads and came to realize that the world was full of people like me.

After I joined, I started posting threads about myself, asking questions and learning answers. I also met another Wisconsin girl whom I met and we have become best friends. She helped me come out and gave valuable advice about maintaining self confidence. This forum has become a mainstay of my daily activities. I'm glad my google search brought this forum to the top of the crossdressers list.

JackieMilton
01-09-2014, 10:18 PM
i was looking for somewhere I could get answers and support. I am a newie to crossdressing, only in the next couple of years I started to express myself. Altho I am a senior citizen I never really could crossdress except Halloween because spouses. I find the answers to the threads helpful and glad I found this site

t-girlxsophie
01-10-2014, 12:28 AM
Originally I came here to widen my horizons,and find out from others their experiences with crossdressing,and as I'm always learning,to see if I could improve myself.Actually tonight is the first time I've been here in well over a year,as I'm active on FB as Sophie much more where I'm friends with a few girls I first talked to here,but being back I'm still finding interesting threads to comment on,might pop in a little more regularly again

Sophie

serena_mcd_wa
01-10-2014, 01:15 AM
Same for me as many. Support, meeting new friends, and learning about new things and techniques to better myself.

Cynthia Anne
01-10-2014, 01:23 AM
When I first joined I needed answers to many things!
Now I'm still here because just like my bra I need the support!!

Adriana Moretti
01-10-2014, 02:27 AM
I joined for 3 reasons...to interact with likeminded gurls, possibly meet some likeminded girls , and learn a few things along the way. This is a great place to ask a question and learn from other peoples experiences

Carla_68
01-10-2014, 04:35 AM
I was looking for information on how to make cleavage and self adhesive breasts

And thought would hang around a bit longer

KristyE
01-10-2014, 05:33 AM
When I found this site I was alone, scared and in pain. You all have made my life livable. Some day I will kick open the closet door. Until then I come here dailly for mental support.
Love KristyE

KaceyR
01-10-2014, 05:36 AM
Welll..most has been covered by others.
Underdressing ensued last fall in full force. Outfits bought, felt great to try.. but wanted to do things right with it.
And I started digging further into CDing from a technical standpoint. Searches found a few deadish forums.
But lo and behold; crossdressers.com's tucking thread sticky was discovered. :)
And I read about others' experiences here. And that I wasn't _too_ crazy to be enjoying it.
A bit later on Kacey was 'born' when I registered.

Ultimately, I stay here for the information, and wisdom. And yes to feel like I'm not the only one.
It's been a fast process (as I'm single,not much socializing,etc). But I've probably been feeling more
balanced in some ways than I have in awhile since a long time. While I'd love to get out to meet
other CD folk sometime, this forum provides the information, and matching experiences/fears
helps me feel not so alone.

Lynn Marie
01-10-2014, 05:54 AM
Every once in a while a real gem appears here. I look for those and try to contribute one or two.

Kate's at home
01-10-2014, 07:26 AM
Safety, strength, acceptance, and "normalcy" in numbers...in a shared, ongoing and evolving narrative.

Folks like you Kate, and Frederique, and KimberlyTX, and so many others who put it out there and blaze a trail...thank you to all.

And here, I get to be this part of me and stretch out my sense of home.

Kate

Kate Simmons
01-10-2014, 07:28 AM
I have to agree with you Kate. It's refreshing coming on here, just like going home. :battingeyelashes::)

Tina_gm
01-10-2014, 11:40 AM
1st and foremost, it is to keep my marriage strong and intact. Learning how to navigate a marriage with being a CD. I also find it comforting to be able to express my opinions, and simply to talk about it with those who are also CDers. This past year has had many rough spots, but I am making strides in accepting myself and being generally more comfortable just being me.

Trishpdxcd2
01-10-2014, 12:06 PM
Acceptance and support. Sometimes I feel like everyone dislikes crossdressers except crossdressers ao its nice to be able to share in a supportive community.

Oh and being able so see so many gorgeous girls in one place is a benefit.

Nigella
01-10-2014, 12:13 PM
The first CD forum I was on was very cliquey, many a time a question went unanswered because you were not part of the scene. This forum is more cosmopolitan.

Vanessa5
01-10-2014, 12:20 PM
I am here because I enjoy the company of like minded individuals. I had almost always enjoyed wearing lingerie but when I bought my first outfit I couldn't rationalize why I enjoyed it. I came here because of all the support and advice. For a long time I felt all alone and couldn't talk because this is considered taboo by most, but here I felt welcomed and could get a hold of my feelings and ask questions and get them answered by someone who was there before.

MissJoanne
01-10-2014, 01:03 PM
I'm here for the support, friendship and advice of people who can identify with this part of me. I'm here to be reassured that I'm not alone.

Nadine Spirit
01-10-2014, 01:13 PM
For the interactivity, positive or negative, that a chat board provides.

beatrixmarie
01-10-2014, 01:19 PM
Like I say at group, "To support and find support."

Jaymees22
01-10-2014, 01:31 PM
I come here mainly for support and knowing I'm not the only one. I like reading posts and occasionally writing one. Also to see what thought provoking subject Kate Simmons has come up with today! Jaymee

Requal Jo
01-10-2014, 01:37 PM
I am here because of the lovely, friendly and helpful girls that reside at this address. It is my outlet from a closeted world that some of us live in. Thank you all for your continued support provided through all your posts and replies. Requal Jo.

suchacutie
01-11-2014, 10:15 AM
I have to split my answer into two sections:

I initially joined in the first 48 hours of discovering Tina. I knew absolutely nothing. I joined every site I could find in order to garner information.

I stayed because not only did this site provide a wealth of information, it also provided perspective. ..perspective of real people in real-life situations. When all is said and done, there seems to be no substitute for looking at one's self through an array of lenses and experiences. The wonderful people who contribute to this forum treat it like a family talking around the diningroom table after a wonderful meal. It's not that we all agree (what family ever does) but the sincere from the heart postings help me with Tina and making a life for her.

Tina grew up with this forum!

Lexi Moralas
01-11-2014, 10:55 AM
I originally found this site looking for tips to improve my dressing skills. But found much more!
I found the knowledge I was looking for , found I had knowledge to share as well, I found there are tons of people out there like me , I found friends and community. And now that my situation dose not allow me to dress, this site and you girls keep me connected to my fem side , and prevent me from going stir crazy