PDA

View Full Version : I chickened out.

Julie1123
01-09-2014, 10:53 AM
My girlfriend and I have been living in separate states for the last year due to the work situation and will be moving back in together here soon. I've been wanting to have a re-establish boundaries discussion with her before the move just so things go as smoothly as possible.

Had planned to bring it up over the holidays but I chickened out. I would wake up from crossdressing dreams in the middle of the night and lay awake for awhile thinking over the conversation and everything seemed like it would go ok and I would get enthused to do it but then during the day all the confidence would go away. Couple that with she was in such a good mood over the holidays, she's been working hellish hours and this has been her first real break in months and I didn't want to spoil the time for her.

Will be going to visit one more time before the move. Will try again. Might try and make it just a bullet point discussion so as not to overwhelm her with stuff. This is what I don't want to do, this is what I want to do, these are the things you might be unable to avoid seeing unless I don't do them at all.

Katey888
01-09-2014, 11:15 AM
Julie - think you're right to minimise the content and not overwhelm her - can't say any more than that: Good Luck! :hugs:
Katey x

DonnaT
01-09-2014, 11:42 AM
I think it is a good idea, before the move. Gives her time to remember previous discussions, and then she can make a decision on whether she wants to move. It wouldn't be fair to her to bring it up after she's already moved.

Marsha Marsh
01-09-2014, 11:52 AM
About the only thing I can add is go slow,be honest and do it with love. good luck

Beverley Sims
01-09-2014, 12:25 PM
Do it with consideration of her feelings and dont push and bully yourself into a situation you will regret.
These things take time.

Julie1123
01-09-2014, 01:37 PM
I think it is a good idea, before the move. Gives her time to remember previous discussions, and then she can make a decision on whether she wants to move. It wouldn't be fair to her to bring it up after she's already moved.

I'm the one moving. It's not really a decision of if the move will happen. We've been together for nine years and the only reason we've spent the last year apart (in location not in relationship) is work. Before we had to live separately I was just starting to explore crossdressing and we adopted an out of sight out of mind agreement. Most of it's still the same but there are a few things that wouldn't be able to stay out of sight. Shaved armpits, shaved legs, lines from wearing a bra, those kinds of things. Also, our new place is smaller so storage space is a consideration so kind of want to discuss how I'll be storing things that way she knows where its at and can just avoid it.

kimdl93
01-09-2014, 01:54 PM
Take your time on this. There's not mandatory timetable and no legal obligation. Do what works for your relationship.

Chickhe
01-09-2014, 04:24 PM
I would tend to make it enjoyable for her... pick a fun occasion to show her and don't try to explain your feelings...just make it fun for her. Do drag on Halloween or something where you can show her so that she is not shocked.