PDA

View Full Version : Blind CDs?

Bima
01-09-2014, 06:59 PM
Yesterday I suddenly got the strangest of thoughts in my mind from nowhere.

Does it exist CDs that have been blind since their birth?

I'm curious about yes/no (or the potential prevalence) as it may say something why one CD, i.e. to what extent the visual impressions of female attire and women are of importance or not.

I mean no harm to any blind or person with any other visual impairments by the question, I'm just seriously curious.

Any thoughts?

/Bima

P.S. I'm not worried about my CDing, before any suggest that I should not worry, I'm just a very curious person and I really enjoy finding out, discuss and understand things. ;-)

Eryn
01-09-2014, 07:03 PM
I do not know her history, but I have a CD friend who is blind. While we get a lot of our information through vision, there are many sensations that CDers crave that aren't visual.

Oh, and her guide dog is a poodle! :)

Lorileah
01-09-2014, 07:04 PM
why not? You assume that sight is the only sense to cause crossdressing> Scent and feel can be just as thrilling

Bima
01-09-2014, 08:13 PM
Thanks!
Not really assuming anything, more of a vague hypothesis that sight is likely to be the more important factor, but I agree that it does not exclude other inputs, such as scent and feel.

If one would find no (or very few) CDs that are blind since birth, does it mean that one can exclude that the CD side is somehow inherited, or perhaps that it is still inherited but just not developed? ;-)

Wildaboutheels
01-09-2014, 08:22 PM
MALE VISION is the very foundation of CDing. The PROOF of that is everywhere at this Forum. It's inescapable. That's not to say that other factors aren't at work.

And for the masses that have no interest in READing? This site posts #s everywhere for a reason.

What's sad about it is that so many feel guilty and/or ashamed about something they have no control over.

NathalieX66
01-09-2014, 08:27 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why the keypad on a drive-through ATM has Braille on it.

Oh well....you learn something new every day.

Eryn
01-09-2014, 08:55 PM
If someone posted a question about our TG community on a forum for the visually impaired we'd hope that the question would be discussed without people immediately making jokes about our community. I hope that we can show the same respect to the community being discussed here.

PretzelGirl
01-09-2014, 09:53 PM
I have two transsexual friends who are legally blind. For them I am sure it is all about internal feelings. But CDing isn't necessarily about the visual. It obviously can be strong based on the Picture gallery here. But the tactile senses can be very impactful on the mind.

t-girlxsophie
01-10-2014, 12:12 AM
I do know a blind CD from Inverness in the Scottish Highlands,she has never let it get in The way of enjoying her dressing,she has the most gorgeous guide dog too

Niya W
01-10-2014, 12:17 AM
I've met one that was legally blind in one eye and in the other could not singer her on hand with in 4 inches.

Beverley Sims
01-10-2014, 12:18 AM
A blind person usually has a more highly developed sense of touch, smell and hearing.
They do know what is feminine and what is not.

Yes they can also dress with some impunity in an institution but others around them do know.

They hear the voice of their male friend and when they touch each other or come in proximity of the smell of the other person, busted! even more than normal.

It is more difficult to cover up CDing if you are blind as others with their accentuated range of perception can smell and detect all sorts of moods and feelings.

Vickie_CDTV
01-10-2014, 04:01 AM
I knew a fellow who was blind and had a serious fetish for stockings (the nylon stockings of the 50s), he liked them on women and wore them himself (he did not consider himself trans in any way however.)

Kate Simmons
01-10-2014, 06:05 AM
The only thing I can say is that being yourself is not limited to being able to see or not. :)

tylia
01-10-2014, 07:40 AM
I'm still trying to figure out why the keypad on a drive-through ATM has Braille on it.

Oh well....you learn something new every day.

We have had so many winter storms in Canada with white out conditions,the Harper government is considering doing all the road signs in braille also...lol