PDA

View Full Version : British Pub Dinner

josrphine
01-09-2014, 08:58 PM
Hi all, last night my wife an I were going to a meeting on something forgot now. Well it was canceled. So we decided to go to the British Pup in our town Venice Fl. Well the places was full, but we didn't have too wait for a table. What happen has never happen before to us. My wife had one those wraps that you put around your hair . Now I get looks some of the times but last night was different. After we got thru eating an were just sitting there talking, a women from the next table came over an sat down with us. She started by say that we BOTH were very beautiful women, I sat there an could not say anything. My wife had a couple of words nice ones and she left. We are still trying to figure it out , any comments??:brolleyes:

ReineD
01-09-2014, 09:11 PM
I think she clocked you and so she felt compelled to say something in the form of a compliment.

Something similar happened to my SO and I last weekend. We were in a coffee/wine bar hanging out. We each were reading a book. Once the place cleared out from the lunch crowd, a woman came up and asked to see what we were reading. She said that she is always interested in what other people are reading. She was directing her questions to my SO as if wanting to hear her voice. This woman was nice and all, but it appeared to me that curiosity was her motive to approach us.

This is not a bad thing. Just because people clock us does not mean that they are being judgmental. :)

Beverley Sims
01-10-2014, 12:32 AM
Probably clocked and curious.
Pubs are very social places and people do mux.

Consider it a compliment.

kimdl93
01-10-2014, 08:04 AM
I go with the two preceding comments. Think about it. How often have you seen any one go up to a table of strangers, let alone on the pretense of offering a compliment. Still, it as a positive statement, so take it as that.

Katey888
01-10-2014, 08:19 AM
A definite compliment! :yahoo: I don't think anyone would put themselves out to engage a complete stranger in that type of situation and not be sincere about a compliment. It's not in people to make themselves vulnerable and also be ironic.
Now, if I was in a pub and someone said that to me, I'd be asking why they didn't bring their guide dog in to say hello... :)
Katey x

AnnieMac
01-10-2014, 09:01 AM
This made me think of something funny that happened to me. During the 2008 presidential campaign, I had an opportunity to go see Hillary Clinton on one of her campaign stops, being the bleeding-heart liberal that I usually am, I ask my high school daughter and her friend if the they wanted to go, and they agreed because they were also somewhat political junkies. Go to see Hillary, speak, got pretty close, and she was quite wonderful actually! I have slightly long hair for a guy, just a little shaggy really, and I was in complete professional guy mode, wearing a long, black, men's overcoat. So I get "EXCUSE ME,MAAM-ed" by a polite police officer, who had just bumped into me. Funny how situations and expectations make you instantly passable! It was because I was coming out of a shuttle bus full of women, and I was with my daughter, that he just "assumed" I was a woman, because what guy would be on this bus going to see Hillary speak. Yay, my first time out and passing "en femme" (if you will). Made me think I could do it for real dressed. I was chuckling because I think Hillary Clinton would have enjoyed this story. Bill, if your are secretly here on this forum, please feel free to chime in!

monalisa
01-10-2014, 09:32 AM
Maybe the woman who came over was a CD or had a husband who is. I am vacationing in Sarasota so need to find the pub and see if she would like to talk to me.