PDA

View Full Version : OMG - I look just like my mother!

Drew68
01-05-2006, 03:32 PM
I've just been messing about with some virtual makeover software, and I've just noticed something - I look just like my mum when she was younger!

I don't know whether to go :confused: or :cheer: !!!

I've never even thought I look either parent before now, but stick some virtual makeup and long hair on me and :gorgeous: :D - I'm my own Mum!

Anyone else ever had this experience?

CammyT
01-05-2006, 04:02 PM
Aloha Drew68,
Well, now you know where you got your beautiful looks from!

Julie York
01-05-2006, 05:08 PM
Better than being your Dad in drag then!:D

celeste26
01-05-2006, 05:34 PM
You're not the only one with this nightmare. Anyone else want to confess.

JoAnnDallas
01-05-2006, 05:36 PM
Where did you get the software. This is interesting

bridgette63
01-05-2006, 05:40 PM
I have always looked like a male version of my mom, dressed its a no brainer... I look just like her.

Drew68
01-05-2006, 06:12 PM
Better than being your Dad in drag then!:D

That is sooo true :D

Where did you get the software. This is interesting

It was here - http://www.mirrorofbeauty.com/

I found it via this website - http://www.sandimari.com/VirtualSalon.htm

which has all sorts of goodies on!

I have always looked like a male version of my mom, dressed its a no brainer... I look just like her.

I've never noticed any resemblance whatsoever though - until a few days ago - and now it is quite scary!

Joyce1702
01-05-2006, 06:15 PM
I recently got a new wig and when I put it on and looked in the mirror I was my sister. It was pretty shocking. My other wigs had never made me look that way before.

Joyce

SherriePall
01-05-2006, 07:04 PM
Several years ago an older man in church told me, "As long as you're here, your mom will always be around." I didn't know what to say. However, I was thinking, "Mr. -----, if you only knew how right you are. I think I look a lot like her when she was younger when I'm dressed." Actually, I wished I looked a lot more like my mother because she was a very beautiful woman and is still an attractive lady, especially for her age.

Rikidee
01-05-2006, 07:57 PM
When dressed as a guy I have never noticed a particular resemblance to anyone in my family, but one day I was looking at some pictures I had taken while dressed as a girl and.......I look just like a female cousin of mine. I even got some pictures of her to compare my pictures to and I couldn't believe the likeness. It is also interesting that being alone at her house one day when I was much younger and trying on all her clothes is one of my very best crossdressing memories. The clothes fit perfectly and were sooooo stylish.....mmmmmmm the memories!!!!

Rikidee

Jillian310
01-05-2006, 08:09 PM
The first time I saw a picture of me dressed - see my avatar - I was looking at a mirror image of my older sister! In drab, I don't look like her! Go figure!

jo_ann
01-05-2006, 08:16 PM
online software is ok, I bought that "cosmo makeover" software once just to see. aint nothin beats photoshop though. I mean you can paintbrush your face pretty much onto any body in any angle if you know what your doing, and virtual makeup is no problem either if you know what your doing.

My wife has said a couple times that my femme-self reminds her of my mom (who she dislikes), so that's not always a refreshing feeling.

Joanne08
01-05-2006, 08:18 PM
Hi Drew,

I had the same experience. Check out this thread.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=240922&postcount=1

Love, Jo

Lilith Moon
01-05-2006, 08:27 PM
I was adopted at six weeks and never saw my birth mother again, she died a couple of years before I located her. However, I did catch up with some brothers & sisters and they were really spooked. I look just like her, according to them, and my walk and mannerisms are similar. Wierd stuff.

Lady Katherine
01-05-2006, 09:13 PM
Drew, if you look like mom, she must be some kind of beauty!

And yes, I look so much like my own mom when dressed. Even now, when I am 76 years old, I look as she did in her later years. Like her, I have slender, pretty legs, lovely shoulders and fair complexion. She was a big-busted, though otherwise slender, woman, which perhaps explains why I always had feminine breasts, though obviously not as big as hers.

For some reason, I seem to feel so real as a woman when I think I resemble her. I will now try to use the websites you mentioned. Katherine

Rikki Elisabeth
01-06-2006, 12:01 AM
It was only a few years ago when my sister and I were trying on my mother's jewelry that she said: "Oh, my gawd! You look like mom." I poo pawed her but looked in the mirror. I did look like my mother.
I just wish she hadn't bequeathed me her nose.

Lisa Golightly
01-06-2006, 06:04 AM
My mum thinks I look very like her when she was young which is no bad thing because she was quite a kitten... although my photos are more on the racey side... lol... :)

KarenNY
01-06-2006, 09:53 AM
When dressed en femme, I looked like my mother as a teenager when I was a teen, and now I look like she did when she was my age (middle age)... so I have always taken that as a compliment because she is a beautiful lady! :)

Drew68
01-06-2006, 01:40 PM
Drew, if you look like mom, she must be some kind of beauty!
Thank you :) :rose2:

And nice to hear everyones stories :thumbsup:

And now I've got over the shock, I'm quite pleased - mum was very attractive when she was younger - not that she's not now of course!

I wish I'd had a sister - it would have been so cool to see how alike we would have been!

Wendy me
01-06-2006, 03:33 PM
i am so not ready to look like my mom .....i mean mom's pretty and all but i so don't want to be well too mom like.....

karentvca
01-06-2006, 04:04 PM
My mum was a beautiful young woman when she got married and I would love to look like her... My wife says that depending on the outfit and the way I've done my hair, I look like my mother -- but she is maiking fun of me, because she means the way my mum looks NOW! (She's in her 70s)...

Even when I was a little boy, people used to say "you look just like your mum!" And I never got tired of hearing that...

carson
01-06-2006, 04:38 PM
I've just been messing about with some virtual makeover software, and I've just noticed something - I look just like my mum when she was younger!

I don't know whether to go :confused: or :cheer: !!!

I've never even thought I look either parent before now, but stick some virtual makeup and long hair on me and :gorgeous: :D - I'm my own Mum!

Anyone else ever had this experience?

I was looking at some pics I had taken recently of myself and with a twinge of OMG! looked back at pics of visiting my cousin (my age) last summer on vacation. She and I could be sisters if not twins! :eek: (Personally, I think she is lovely. Hmmm... Hope she's not insulted by the comparison!)

charly
01-06-2006, 05:11 PM
No, but what is the name of this software that you used? sounds pretty cool.

bobbie
01-06-2006, 05:13 PM
I have not yet had the opportunity, as my wife is not ready for this yet. Although from pictures that I have seen, I think I would look more like my aunts on my fathers side....tall women and nicely put together...
It has been years since I tried makeup(when I was in my teens), and now it just seems like a distant pleasant dream.
I am trying to lose weight now,and get into better shape, in hopes my wife will see a more mystique when I broach the subject again of going en femme.
For now, I live through trans-stories, and this site, that I am able to live through.
Hugs and smiles,
Bobbie

Cathy J
01-08-2006, 06:53 AM
My Mom was a very good looking woman and I'm proud I look like her when I'm en-femme. Funny, my sister looks like her, too!

I've got better looking legs,though. Nylon hose and 4" heels do wonders. LOL

Hugs, Cathy

Kadence_Lynn
01-08-2006, 01:23 PM
The first time my wife helped me dress, she did my make up and hel style my wig, then she left me to choose an outfit afterwards we took some pictures. Upon downloading them to the computer and looking at them, she promptly told me that I reminded her so much of my mom! I never saw that until this particular night, but on certain occasions when dressed I can see the uncanny resemblance as well. Not that that is a bad thing ! :bs:

Kadence