PDA

View Full Version : Women's jeans

tacal
01-05-2006, 04:23 PM
Today, I went to Penney's and searched til I found a pair of Mid rise, boot cut women's jeans. Tried them on when I got home.....darn too large. I wear 36 waist in men's, so I thought size 16 would be right for me. Will return them tomorrow in exchange for a size 14. Wish I had the nerve to try them on at the store.

Kisses,
Allie (alias tacal)

Paula Blair
01-05-2006, 04:46 PM
The other day I tried on a skirt at Marshall's. The woman at the changing rooms gave me a doubletake when I entered, but didn't interfere at all. The skirt fit just fine, and on the way out I told her that I was going to attend a bachelor party in which all the men were to come in drag. I have used that line in the past, and have never had a problem with it. She even gave me some advice on what top to buy to go with the skirt. Of course, that line might not work too well with jeans. However, so long as you are not trying to steal anything, why should anyone object? You might try taking a few men's things into the changing room along with the women's jeans.

Paula

jennig
01-05-2006, 04:54 PM
hi when i buy womans jeans i go into the womans dept then bring them into the mens dept to try them on. alot on men weare womans jeasn thease days
i have been buying womans jeans for years. i have found that when i feel at ease about buying anything like jeans or shorts or a skirt everthing is ok alot of men buy thing for wives girfreinds ect as long as you have the money the people at the stors dont care.
hugs jennig

dani_grl03
01-05-2006, 05:18 PM
I have been wearing nothing but womens (juniors) jeans for several years now. I used to go through the ritual of buying a pair, taking them home, trying on and going back. I finally got to the point of just trying on in the store. Its so much better! My favorites are JC Penny, Arizona stretch, flare leg, low rise, 11 long. :bs:
I have found too that sizes vary by brand and lot numbers. So your best bet is to try them on. Just grab a pair, fold them up and make your way the dressing room. I agree with Jennig, alot of men are wearing womens jeans. The local paper here actually did a story on it about a year ago. I thought it was cool.

annekathleen
01-05-2006, 05:27 PM
A Womens "16" can run between a 34 - 36 inch waist, If you're at least a 36 inch waist, you might need at least a pair of "18" or "17-18"
It is true that different manufacturers will have different waist sizes for the same sized jeans, so it doesn't hurt to try them on. I own about 15-20 pairs of women's jeans, some fit snug, some are comfortable, some are loose,
And in various inseams, depending if Im wearing a 3-4 inch heel or something in the 5-6 inch heel range, Good Luck

Denise01
01-06-2006, 12:05 AM
I find the best way to buy jeans or skirts for a matter of fact is try before you buy.
I did buy a couple of pair of ladies jeans when i was on vacation, and find they fit me better than mens do.
When I am shopping for ladies clothes wether it be for jeans, slacks or skirts, i go en-femme and have never had a problem with trying them on in the ladies dressing rooms.
In fact, i was i a Wal-mart store, which as we know has an attendant at the changing rooms, and mens and ladies are side by side.
I was a bit busy that day, i had a pair of jeans and skirt i wanted to try on.there were 2 men in line before me, however when it came my turn, the attendent without a hesitation, directed me to a change room in the ladies section. Felt so good to be treated like a lady

Denise;)

tacal
01-09-2006, 11:30 AM
When my wife came home from work, I put on the jeans to get her advice. She said, "To large, take them back and get 14 short and get me a pair size 8 average." Well, Friday I had to run an errand and I forgot to take the jeans with me, so I just went in and bought me a size 14 and a size 8 for her. On Saturday, we were going to our ocean house (about a 2 hour drive). We stopped at Penney's in Aberdeen,WA and exchanged the size 18 for a size 14 (now I have 2 pair). While in the womens department, my wife picked out 4 pair of panties for me. Oh my, what a suprize and rush that was. I wish I had ther nerve to let her see me dressed in thigh highs, slip, skirt ,bra and blouse. Maybe someday it will happen.

Julia Cross
01-09-2006, 11:34 AM
jeans all look alike when folded and in your hands, just carry them to the men's change room as if they were men's, no one will ever notice, no one is expecting it.
Julia

Deborah
01-09-2006, 12:59 PM
Yep what Julia said. Get a pair of men's jeans if you wish too and fold them with the female jeans. Then yes go to the men's changing room and no one will know the difference. I do it all the time.

Katrina
01-09-2006, 05:59 PM
I don't even bother with the men's jeans when I do the men's dressing room trick. It gets in the way of the maximum number of items in the dressing room ;)

lisa threesummm
01-10-2006, 09:18 PM
i even try on panties and bras in the mens change room. i just put them in between guy clothes. its a great thrill when im in there and tryin them on
lisa

laixe62
01-10-2006, 10:31 PM
I am one of those wierd-o's that sews a lot of my own skirts, tops and just decided to make a pair of back-zip closure pants. As practice, I made a pair of elastic top pants. As I am 34 to 34 1/2 inch waist, 5'8" and 172 lbs, I followed the directions for the Simplicity pattern (Simplicity #7187) and cut and stitched the size medium for 14-16. WRONG SIZE. Then I started modifying, under my wife's guidance and discovered that I am a sz 8 in this pattern. They now fit beautifully with a waist that stays up with almost no need for the elastic. I am ready, I hope , to make the back zip model, then wear them to the grocery store along with my stretch t-top, short ladies socks and black bow tie ladies loafers.
The thing I like best about sewing my own things is that I can use the kind of material I like best for what I want to wear. Any CD could go nuts feeling the materials for sale in a large fabric and sewing store. I know I do.
Donna in Kissimmee Florida.:)

Francine
01-10-2006, 10:35 PM
I had the same problem. I bought one pair of size 16 women's jeans, and they are just that much too large. I now own 3 pair of size 14 women's jeans, boot cut style, and I love them. I don't know whether I am losing that much weight or not but the size 16 skirts and pants are just getting a bit too large.

chanel_txtv
01-10-2006, 11:52 PM
to me a good pair of tight hip huger jeans and some pointy toe heels are one of the sexiest combinations out there, here I am wearing my favorite jeans ... let me know what you think!

LisaMariaCD
01-11-2006, 01:46 AM
Chanel,

Love the look - my favorite! I'd kill for those jeans and shoes :D

chanel_txtv
01-11-2006, 01:50 AM
thanks, the best thing is ...they were only $16 bucks! and since they are stretchy they were a sure fit!

Nicole Lee
01-12-2006, 01:34 PM
Mmm. Wonderful jeans! :) And wonderful fit, too! The white one really accents your butt beautifully! ;)

Dayna
01-19-2006, 09:27 AM
NEWSFLASH: The male and female bodies really ARE different!

I wanted a pair of women's jeans, and after looking at all of the sizing charts, pulling out the tape measure, and doing the math, I decided I should buy a pair in 16 Long.

So yesterday, while cruising the racks at W-mart, I came across some boot cut stretch denims, clearance priced at $7.00...sweet! I held up the 16s and decided, no way these will fit. Took a pair of size 14 to the dressing room instead.

I was swimming in the 14s, so I went back and grabbed two other pair... size 12 were still too big, and I wound up buying a pair of size 10 (Average)--and I probably could have wiggled into an 8 if they had a pair!

All that being said, every brand fits a little different, too.

So, have some fun trying on clothes and you will wind up buying something that you honestly enjoy wearing! ;)

KellyT
01-19-2006, 10:18 AM
I haven't tried on any womens jeans in store as yet, but have tried on some sweaters. I actually thought they were guys sweaters, as they were hanging in the guys racks, and I was amazed to see such feminine styled tops for men. Longer cuffs and well fitted, and in a lovely colour and material. Itried them on and loved them so bought them. It wasn't until I noticed womens knitwear listed on the receipt that I realised my mistake. I should've realised that guys clothes would never be so exciting. Anyway, nobody blinked an eyelid and i've now got the confidence to trawl through the womens racks and try on various things. Even if I don't buy anything it's a wonderful way to get to try on loads of girly clothes. Retail therapy without the expense.

petticoatlisa
01-19-2006, 01:52 PM
i can't agree with chanel more. the hip hugger jeans with the pointy toe boots or heels drives me crazy...so much so that well i just had to go ahead and get it for myself!:D

QuaSiMoto
01-19-2006, 05:28 PM
to me a good pair of tight hip huger jeans and some pointy toe heels are one of the sexiest combinations out there, here I am wearing my favorite jeans ... let me know what you think!

Awesome jeans Chanel, love all the detail on them. Those khaki pants look amazing on you too... Great Butt!! :)

Shelby
01-19-2006, 06:14 PM
A lot of you talk about the changing rooms. Well I have bought a few undergarments at Target and Walmart in the past, but no outerwear. I am not ready to go in public enfem yet. If buying lingerie during a holiday time, I will buy a gift bag and maybe a card and I always ask for a gift reciept. This way I look like I'm buying a gift for a girlfriend. But I run the risk of not knowing if these items will fit. I happen to be too honest to even think of slipping something different inbetween men's clothes. the one time at Walmart (which I hate from a retailers perspective) I needed a cincher and breast enhancers. I wasn't seeing what I was looking for and the place was busy and I was getting nervous, so I bravely asked the room attendant for help and I told her I was going in drag for a halloween party and she smirked a little and them tried to help me, but we still couldn't find what I was looking for which was a pair of breast enhancers that had adhessive already on them and they clipped together to make cleavage. I bought a size b there once but needed at least a C. So, any other tricks of the trade. What about smaller boutiques which are usually staffed by young women (who could be less helpful then an older experienced lady). Walking in the malls, they have some nice stuff, but I could never go in there. HAs anyone had any experience with Victoria's Secret?

Shelby

Bernadina
01-19-2006, 06:31 PM
I carry a tape measure and know all my measurements. If I can't try something on, I usually get the right size just by measuring in the store.

And I also often take the women's clothes to the men dept to try on. And if that feels a bit funny, grab a couple of men's items on your way by to carry into the fitting room with you, The important clothes are of course underneath.

Keely
01-19-2006, 09:59 PM
I was always afraid to try on womens clothes. I finally went to Kohls and picked out a couple of pairs of womens jeans in various sizes. Just took them to the men's fitting room. No problem. Bought a pair of Gloria Vanderbilt straight leg stretch jeans. The only glitch was they wouldn't ring up so had to go back and get a different pair.

The next time was at Old Navy. A little different there as the fitting room had an attendant. Again I picked up a couple different sizes along with a mens pair. Took them to the fitting room. Again no problems except they didn't fit. I didn't want to give them back to the attenant so I just returned them to the shelf myself. Back to the fitting room with a three more pairs, this time I found the right size. Took them up front and bought them. Nobody really cares and if they do then why should I.

This forum has given me a lot more guts to do what I want.

Brittney
01-20-2006, 12:04 AM
I found that i like the levis low rise 527 for men, But my fav is from a skateboarding clothing site called ccs.com they have nice fitting low rise flare at the bottom Jeans in a variety of colors...they fit and look great.

Billijo49504
01-20-2006, 12:28 AM
I've had clerks at Kohl's tell me to take the clothes to the mens dept. They said it was against store policy to let men in the womens rooms. She even offered to go with me, to show me where it was. So even though I was kept from trying them in the ladies room, I still felt I had great customer service.

Nicole Lee
01-20-2006, 07:57 AM
I LOVE shopping at Kohl's. :) It's the only place I can buy my GLO jeans and try them on in a fitting room without the burden of asking an attendant ' how many ' clothes I'm trying on, and then searching through to count themselves. I had that issue at Marshall's and the lady said I wouldn't fit in size 11's. :angry:

Rita Knight
01-20-2006, 03:55 PM
Hi Girls,
I am going to put my 2 cents in on the subject. I am a size 22 to 24. Most of the time, you will not find feminine jeans with long enough inseams. I need 32 inches. Also, in these sizes, women's jeans generally have far to big thighs compared to men's. I am a sucker for embroidered jeans. I have been purchasing tall sized jeans from Roamans with good results. The thighs are on the small size, but that is good for CDs. The one thing I do have to have done to them is hemming them by a CD friendly seamstress.

Rita Knight

psdibe
01-20-2006, 11:15 PM
LLBean and Landsend have great jeans and the staff are more then weilling to help with sizing and suggesting tops and other items to go along with the jeans. I where a 33/34 and wear size 14 from both company's. they fit great and as my mans jeans get old I have just replaced them with either boot cut witha bit of streach or straight leg. I wear them all the time and no one even gives a second look. Both companies have geat service.
Hugs
PD

Dayna
01-21-2006, 12:22 AM
I where a 33/34 and wear size 14 from both company's.

...and I wear a 32/33 in mens, and just bought a womens 10. All the more reason to try before you buy!!

Thanks for the tip, PD!

Staci
01-21-2006, 12:26 AM
I had a pair of women's jeans for a little while. They were Gloria Vanderbilt size 12 longs. It was a pair of stretch jeans I got from Goodwill. I ended up re-donating them back as I found I really needed a 14 in the Gloria Vanderbilts.

nicki
01-21-2006, 01:53 AM
love my size 2 ultra low cut waist lucky jeans,,, with a pairs of 5' heels