PDA

View Full Version : A troubling reminder...

GinaD
01-11-2014, 10:21 AM
A female friend and I regularly walk for exercise. As I am in girly mode about all of the time, a casual observed would see two older gals just taking a walk. Yesterday, we were visiting a regional park and had been walking for awhile when I noticed an older guy walking about 50 yards behind us. I didn't think much of it as this was a popular walking trail. As we proceeded awhile, I glanced back and didn't see the guy and assumed he fell back or turned back. At one point, the trail switches back on itself as it descends through the terrain and is below the area where I last saw the guy. As we came down the trail, this guy bursts out of the brush yelling like a crazy man and naked from the waist down. Instinctively, I grabbed him and threw him down the opposite side of the trail into the brush and we took off. We got to the ranger's office and called the local sheriff department. The deputies found the guy, who turned out to be a registered sex offender and parolee at large. They said he was in possession of a knife and had other items that would indicate he didn't have good intentions.

Just a reminder if you venture out and about, be smart. It is best to go with a friend and avoid remote places. Go where there are people if you are comfortable with that and stay vigilant. Remember there are some real creepers out there.

CarlaWestin
01-11-2014, 10:28 AM
Where was the knife hidden?

Just kidding. You did the right thing. The switch into male protector mode is the right way to go. You may have saved someone their life by taking that 'true' pervert out of society. You get a gold star!

Launa
01-11-2014, 10:32 AM
That's a creeper all right, hopefully he will go back to the joint for several years before they let him out on parole again, some people are meant to be locked up.

tracigirl_tv
01-11-2014, 10:39 AM
YIKES! Good job Gina!

Jamie Lynn
01-11-2014, 10:48 AM
Shoulda kicked him where it hurts, THEN threw him off the trail! Glad he was caught! You go, Girl!

Katey888
01-11-2014, 11:13 AM
Definitely YIKES! That's scary stuff... You did the right instinctive thing and for that you should be justifiably proud, as we can too. In fact, what a great role model you are for us! :yahoo: Local papers? "Crossdresser nabs 'real' pervert - Hoorah for men in skirts"? I don't know - don't we struggle for good press and here are you, a local hero.. :D Do we have a PR department...?
Katey x

Candice Mae
01-11-2014, 11:25 AM
This is why I keep pepper spray in my purse.

Beverley Sims
01-11-2014, 12:46 PM
Gina,
A troubling reminder, but one we need to be reminded of often.
Thank you for posting.

Bria
01-11-2014, 01:09 PM
Candice Mae has a very good suggestion that is worthy of addopting, Bria

flatlander_48
01-11-2014, 02:05 PM
Sadly, there is a lot of pain in the World...

Erica Marie
01-11-2014, 02:29 PM
Im very proud of you. It just shows how a gurl can defend herself. Whether male or female one needs to learn tactics to be safe. Like others mention safety in numbers is always a good thing to remember, and also just to be aware of your surroundings.

Violet-13
01-11-2014, 02:43 PM
If I go out dressed, I usually keep my lucky pocket knife in my purse or in my bra, or if I had female jeans it would be in my back pocket. it's not a real long knife or any thing, but it makes me feel safer, I also always have my key's witch I can use as a weapon if needed.

Being Paige
01-11-2014, 02:50 PM
Way to go. I'm sure you surprised the pants off of him! seriously awesome job you were great!!

kimdl93
01-11-2014, 03:04 PM
Good advice and great reactions!

CynthiaD
01-11-2014, 09:07 PM
When walking alone I usually take my dog with me. If a stranger asks " Does he bite?" I answer "yes, he might." It tends to keep strangers at a safe distance.

LaraPeterson
01-11-2014, 09:10 PM
You go girl! Maybe that little scare (him I mean) will warn him and remind him that we're not all easy targets. I did like what Jamie Lynn said, though.

Sarah_the_Vixen
01-13-2014, 11:56 AM
I just want to agree with what's been said, good job! I, or one, am thankful for the reminder. Despite not being anywhere ready to go out and about myself, it is something to keep in mind. both dogs and pepper spray are good ideas, glad I have one, noe to get the other. (I have the hard one, the dog.)

Stephanie47
01-13-2014, 12:12 PM
Odds are this creep thought he was exposing himself and worse to two women. Hopefully he has violated his parole and is headed back to prison. This is a good example of why women should enroll in a self-defense course.

Kate Simmons
01-13-2014, 12:13 PM
Evidently the surprise was on him. He didn't expect some nice lady to throw him over. Good job Hon. :)

stacycoral
01-13-2014, 01:49 PM
Gina, glad to hear you and ;your girlfriend is ok, we don't need people like that in the world, girls have enough trouble sometimes without dealing with guys like that, Very happy to hear he gone for awhile, and you can enjoy your time out for walks again. hugs. thanks for tells us about this, and reminding us all to be safe,