PDA

View Full Version : Losing Interest

Kirsten1
01-11-2014, 05:15 PM
Has anyone ever been very interested in cross-dressing then after a while things become not so great? Just wondering. I am kind of in that stage now. But who know if it will change or not?

Marcelle
01-11-2014, 05:16 PM
Hi Kirsten,

I have not to date "lost interest" but I know there are many girls who have only to return. I am sure some will provide you with some insight soon.

Hugs

Isha

ginger raine
01-11-2014, 05:19 PM
you will be back sometimes you need to leave it alone for awhile then come i did because i had a family to raise now they are all grown up ,im retired and loving dressing again

Madilyn A.
01-11-2014, 05:20 PM
That's an easy one......just about every CD has lost interest from time to time. Lack of opportunity to dress, weight gain, illness; and such will on occasion allow the "Pink Fog" to lift. But if I were a betting girl, I'd put money on the "Pink Fog" returning with a vengence.

Lori Kurtz
01-11-2014, 05:21 PM
I dressed a lot from childhood well into adulthood. After a failed marriage (that went over the edge because of my CDing), I gave up CDing in order to be a better husband to my second wife (now deceased). Although I ceased the activity, the interest remained, but I was okay with not acting it out. And now that I'm much older, I don't think I could dress up successfully to achieve the kind of sexual thrill that CDing used to mean for me. So at the moment I'm not doing it. But ... I'm here ... and glad to find some fellowship (er ... girlship?) with the people here.

tylia
01-11-2014, 05:23 PM
I have actually gone through that a couple times over the years......It will return......and like someone Madilyn said....with a vengance. Crossdressing is very progressive

ClaireClark
01-11-2014, 05:23 PM
It is a lifetime thing for me. I can stop doing it for a while, but the interest is always there, and always will be.

Claire x

Janine cd
01-11-2014, 05:31 PM
I've had several episodes where I became less enamored about dressing and, of course, purged many times. Each time I had the desire return more strongly than before.

Jilly75
01-11-2014, 05:43 PM
I am at the moment coming back to dressing with a vengeance. I have never fully dressed before the last month. I am trying make up and have even posted a full photo, where you can sort of see my face. I have ordered a new wig and would like to go out dressed. Before last May (when I joined this site) I probably went 10 years without dressing.
So yes I also lost interest but as others have said I came back wanting more. I am now settled with the fact that I am not going to change and dressing is a part of me. Being on this site has helped, knowing I am not the only one that does this.

Jilly

Rebecca Star
01-11-2014, 05:51 PM
While my fem persona shares my male body, with my male persona, the desire to dress is not as strong as some other ladies here. It doesn't mean I feel any less of either sex. It just means, I don't feel like dressing everyday. I can easily not get the urge to dress for months on end. But then, all of sudden, that desire to be enfemme arrives; Rebecca with her typical persistence keeps knocking till I answer.

That might last, at most, a week or two. Then it's back to living as a guy again.

This may not fit into someone elses perspective but I'm not them and their not me :)

natcrys
01-11-2014, 06:00 PM
I've been dressing since I was 18, and only during the busy times of graduation I didn't dress. But never lost interest... and while anything is possible, I don't see it happening anytime soon. I'm loving this way too much! :)

Julie1123
01-11-2014, 06:03 PM
My interest and need to dress seems to wax and wane.

Courtney Ramona
01-11-2014, 06:23 PM
Over the summer I stopped for about a mouth or two and I thought It was over with too! So I know how your feeling.

Alice Torn
01-11-2014, 06:48 PM
For me, the dressing is partly an escape from the stark male social world. But, when my male self is badly needed for hard physical work, and some other things, I choose to not dress for a while. Occasions and duty, and circumstances sometimes dictate being only in guy mode. Like Kate Simmons, I am learn to accept and enjoy both modes, and do it because i want to, not because am compelled to. Self mastery is a lifetime quest. I am not there yet.

Karren H
01-11-2014, 06:55 PM
I lost interest once... for 10 years... come to find out it was a result off a brain tumor.... Once I started treatment it all came back.... with a vengeance! Been almost 10 years to the month....

MonctonGirl
01-11-2014, 06:58 PM
Yes, it comes and goes with me over 5 year cycles usually. Generally I want to do it when my hair is short and I wish I could use my natural hair
but when I grow it long again ( like now ) all I can think about is cutting it short and looking good in a tie.

JennyLynn
01-11-2014, 07:27 PM
I just lost interest over the holidays. I think a combination of family, no time and maybe a bit of guilt caused me to say...hey... take a break and "be normal". I know.. that last is going to get me blasted, but so be it. I'm Jenny in my time and nobody knows, so when it's time for all the family to get together, I get the guilts. In my world, I am normal. I stopped dressing during the holidays due to the family, but I also put on around 7 lbs. and felt fat and icky. Weight is so irrelevent and silly and we shouldn't let that define our feminine side..... I know... but it still bothered me though.
For what it's worth.... don't ever purge again. The need will come back and you'll just feel like a dope for wasting money. Keep your goods. You'll want them back again someday!

Jenny

LaraPeterson
01-11-2014, 08:22 PM
Tired of fishing, go golfing; tired of golfing, go biking; tired of biking, go mountain climbing; tired. . .do something else. You'll come back to the things you are passionate about. If dressing is one of them, not to worry, the disinterest won't last long.

RebeccaLynne
01-11-2014, 08:34 PM
Kirsten, I can only say this, from my own experience... once you've CD'ed and enjoyed doing it, you'll need to do it for the rest of your life... whether it be once in a while, or every day you get the opportunity.

I think once you've tasted the forbidden fruit, there's no turning back... :D

Terri Andrews
01-11-2014, 08:40 PM
Never lost interest and the older I get the more intense the desire is.

DivineMissAmber
01-11-2014, 09:33 PM
I lost interest years ago and came back to it recently. It's like a lot of other things in life. You do it for a while, move on to something else, then come back and do it again. Just like the saying, "man cannot live by bread alone" most people have a lot of different interests. We have needs and desires. Once the need is satisfied, we move on to different things. The need eventually comes back. I have yet to figure out what specific need is being met by crossdressing and I suspect that the desire will diminish again. I just don't know when, how much, and for how long. One thing is certain. The desire will come back again. It always does. Part of my journey involves coming to terms with this cycle. I'm okay with it. I just need to recognize when the desire waxes and wanes so I can act appropriately. This means communicating with my wife so that I don't blindside her with anything. It's a rollercoaster for me and doubly so for her because she cannot see it coming. This also means NO PURGING. Accept it for what it is and enjoy it while it's here.

NathalieX66
01-11-2014, 09:38 PM
I lost interest in golfing. My co-workers are mad about golf. We spent many times on the fairway, and I hate it after the sixth hole. Does this make me a bad person? NO.

Geena75
01-11-2014, 09:51 PM
Unless your life revolves around CDing, your interest will wax and wane. I have many interests and they come and go, but I never fully give them up. I haven't done any real woodworking for a couple years, but I still have the tools for when I want to. It took me over two years to read a 10 volume set of books. I pursue my interests because I find them rewarding, when they don't feel so rewarding, I do something else. Any number of things can cause me to lose interest in something for a while, but it doesn't mean I have to quit altogether and start from scratch.

AKADonna
01-11-2014, 10:10 PM
I've been through stages where I have no desire to fully dress up en femme, but I still underdress with a bra and panties, just because I like the way they make me feel. Now, when I get the opportunity to fully dress, I get really excited. Anticipation of such an opportunity can be nearly as much fun ...... just thinking about those feminine feelings!

JenniferYager
01-11-2014, 10:56 PM
Interest comes and goes. If I get really into my work, I lose interest in a lot of things (including crossdressing). When that calms down, my hobbies come back. I think it's pretty normal.

Tina_gm
01-12-2014, 12:32 AM
Not for any extended times but there have been days when I could have and just haven't had any desire to. Not many lately though...

Valerie Louise
01-12-2014, 01:52 AM
I lost it for a couple months ... it is back. Be patient, and it will return, and you'll be glad it did.

heatherdress
01-12-2014, 02:11 AM
I lost interest, too.

I began to think it was "not that great". No more thrill. No good feelings. No excitement. No fun.

Then about 5 minutes passed and I got over that loss of interest.

Ceri Anne
01-12-2014, 02:19 AM
There is nothing wrong with your interests going elsewhere. Just don't get rid of your stuff. You most likely will want to revisit someday. The nice thing about being yourself, there are no rules. If dressing makes you happy today, do it, if working on your car does tomorrow, do it. Be You, then you will be happy.

njcddresser
01-12-2014, 04:14 AM
I'm still somewhat new to dressing having just come out to my wife about 3 months ago. For the first 2 months it was all I could think about. I quickly put together a wardrobe make up wigs breast inserts, the whole 9 yards.

Then around Christmas I lost interest. I didn't dress for a couple weeks and just wasn't interested in doing so.

Well over the past few days my interest has come surging back. Yesterday I bought two dresses on line. Today I plan to go shopping for skinny jeans, new bras and who knows what else. So I guess there wi be times when interest
will diminish but I'm glad to see that it comes back just as fast.h

Teresa
01-12-2014, 04:19 AM
Kirsten, I may not dress every day but I can't remember a single day since I started that it doesn't cross my mind.

Joanne f
01-12-2014, 04:30 AM
Hello Kirsten,
there are so many different reasons to want to dress and so many different reasons that can interfere with the desire to dress so there is no need to worry about a desire that you are not feeling at the moment , if and when it comes back I am sure that you will enjoy it a lot more than trying to push something that you do not feel like at the moment .

emma30
01-12-2014, 04:30 AM
Kirsten,
Circumstances arise that force you to lose interest i suppose but when im out working or shopping etc i take notice of any woman thats wearing something pretty or if they have nice hair. These women are everywhere so i always look at them and think i would love those shoes or hair or whatever they are wearing. Also in clothes shops i always browse the womens section. This keeps me constantly in contact with my feminine side.

Julia NZ
01-12-2014, 05:47 AM
Yes, for me it does come and go. I really do think about dressing a lot but when it comes to actually dressing I sometimes don't do it! I've got stacks of clothes and shoes and sometimes it's enough just to look at them all to give me satisfaction. It takes a lot of time and effort to be presentable to go out and sometimes there isn't the time to do it properly. Then it's just a blouse, boot cut jeans and 3 inch heels. Oh and dangly earrings, lip gloss and a touch of mascara!

Confucius
01-12-2014, 10:40 AM
“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Dr. Seuss

The spectrum of cross-dressing is a wide and wonderful rainbow of hues. Each person is unique and contributes in his own way.

We are who we are because of the way our brain is hard-wired. I would be disappointed if we all felt and acted the same.

MichelleAiken
01-12-2014, 11:10 AM
What part of dressing is not attractive to you anymore? I ask because, I've actually ignored my interest and find that if I think about it in different contexts, I get different emotional responses.

Beverley Sims
01-12-2014, 11:18 AM
Kirsten,
Have you found a new girlfriend?
That throws cold water on the coals almost instantly.

gina bennett
01-12-2014, 12:13 PM
Hi, I've not as yet fully dressed and I've been dressing in nylons on and off for decades, this time it's come back and I feel the need to dress more fully, take it from me Kirsten these feelings will come and go with varying degrees of intensity.

Alice Torn
01-12-2014, 01:00 PM
The faith that i made a commitment to decades ago, forbids CDing, but other than that, I strongly love it. A lady on line , I have opened up to, called a minister, and said i need to be straightened out . I will struggle the rest of my physical life with dressing, having fun, then guilt and shame. I have gone weeks without it, but think about it constantly, and always go back. Never purged though. When i am either too infirmed, old, or dead, it will no longer be a pull. I need to not let it run my whole life, as things need to be fixed, and friendships both CD, and non CD need to be formed, and balance needed. I can go without dressing, but it is a battle. In the service, i never did it, not thought much about it.

Taylor186
01-12-2014, 01:06 PM
I cycle yearly. Spring and summer my desire wanes and then it picks up again in the fall and winter.

Karmen
01-12-2014, 01:45 PM
It comes and goes. Some times the urge to dress is very strong and there were moments I said to my self "I won't do it anymore". But the interest stays in you and sooner or later you do it again.

Diane Smith
01-12-2014, 01:48 PM
My interest waxes and wanes over time, as with every other facet of life. However, CDing is now integrated into my life in ways that make it difficult to fully take a break. I have regular hair and nail appointments that I need to keep up, and always go dressed, so I am out and about at least once a week or so. And I've made permanent and semi-permanent changes to my wardrobe and appearance that don't change just because my motivation to dress up is low. I find this all comforting in a way, because it establishes a baseline level of activity that keeps me "in the game" and ready to ramp up my involvement when the mood strikes.

- Diane

Shirley Anne
01-12-2014, 02:28 PM
After dressing regularly for quite a few years I have more or less stopped dressing for about 6 months, this was not a concious decision just seemed to lose interest. In this time I have gained some weight and very few off my clothes now fit but Im sure I will lose some weight and get back to dressing eventually.

dianne_1234
01-13-2014, 06:45 PM
You're kidding, right? You've found the area of the brain that regulates the desire to cross dress...?!?

What can we do with this information... and what can others do with it...

Jacqui Summers
01-13-2014, 07:19 PM
Comes and goes with the workload for me as well. Just don't purge! I think this will be a busy spring and summer. I expect to find a little time to dress now and then, but I'm starting to make plans for next autumn... So as with anything, I suspect it comes and goes, but we can have some longer-term goals to stay interested.

FemmeElastique
01-13-2014, 07:58 PM
I've "lost interest" for maybe a week or so, or I was simply too lazy, unmotivated, or had not reason to dress up. Not sure which reasons I had. But, yeah, I've stopped for a week or 2 just for a break :)

It really is easier and faster to just dress as a man, but I wish people will still see me as a woman, even when I am in drab.

Jenn Monk
01-14-2014, 12:42 AM
I more or less lost interest in getting dressed for about 10 years. The fantasies were still there on occasion but I was busy and other things in life became more interesting. I then went through a series of professional, personal and health issues that left me feeling pretty low and the desire came back strong. I'm now getting back into it again (6 months or so) and in retrospect I should have done it years ago. Between cutting a lot of stress out of my life and starting dressing again I seem to have put a few years of depression behind me and I'm a lot happier in general right now.