PDA

View Full Version : Today I will tell my boyfriend

Irena
01-12-2014, 06:35 AM
Hi Girls,

Yesterday I had a wonderful evening and night being Irena. I feel so much alive when I am Irena it’s almost like I am Alice in wonderland. Al my troubles seem to fade away and I feel my tensions go away. Being Irena are my moments of true happiness.
I decided that I cannot live any longer without telling my boyfriend I am not what he wants me to be. That I am a transgender and wish to be a girl and going to make steps in that direction. I cannot keep up the lie any longer because it’s killing my from the inside. I will have this conversation when he is back from his work. This is going to be one of the hardest moments of my life but I cannot keep running from it. Hope to talk to you girls soon again.

X, Irena

Marcelle
01-12-2014, 06:43 AM
Hi Irena,

Given your stated desire to be a girl, I think you are doing the right thing by being up front with your boyfriend. Hopefully it will turn out well and he will stick it out but then again if he does not, you still have to be true to yourself and move forward in the direction you need to.

We are here for support sweetie . . . good luck

Hugs and an extra hug for support.

Isha

MarciManseau
01-12-2014, 09:14 AM
Good for you, sweetie. Always be true to yourself. If he truly loves you, he'll try and understand and support you. Be sure you take your time telling him, maybe even practice what you'll say first.

Hugs and good luck!

Tracii G
01-12-2014, 09:16 AM
Good luck I hope he accepts all of you.

Katey888
01-12-2014, 09:22 AM
Good luck with this, Irena.
It sounds like you've thought long and hard about what this means so I hope it turns out well for you...
We're all here for you!
:bighug:
Katey x

CarlaWestin
01-12-2014, 09:35 AM
Good luck to you, Irena. I do hope that any advice you've received from this forum was appropriate for your situation. Remember, giving advice is easy, especially through the camouflaged veil of the internet. I'm always amazed when someone actually listens to me and then fear sets in that, someone actually listened.

MarciManseau
01-12-2014, 09:57 AM
Carla, that's often why I don't offer advice to someone with a serious problem - I know I'm nor qualified to counsel someone with real issues. So, to me, no advice is better than bad advice.

Beverley Sims
01-12-2014, 10:50 AM
Irena,
I think you need outside help for yourself, telling your boyfriend is not going to be an instant cure.
I think I pointed that out in a previous thread.

Irena
01-12-2014, 03:12 PM
Hi Girls,
Today I told my boyfriend that I wish to be a girl. This was a very difficult conversation.
I started with telling him I love him and that he is the love of my life for me. After this I told him all about my feelings and that I have them ever since I am a child, etc. I also tried to be open and answer as much questions as possible. I also gave him an address of a consular where he can talk about it if he wants to and that I will always be there to answer all the questions he has.
I was surprised how “relaxed” he responded. He said this must be hard for me and that my feelings where most important because I will have to life with myself. Though visibly looked sad.
He had questions like:
- Are you seeing a doctor?
- How long do you feel like this
- etc
After this he told me he has to think about this and did not want to rush things and that he loved me.
I guess I will have to give him some time now. I will not talk about this subject for a week unless he asks me. And wait for this moment before gradually starting to change things more often.
Anyway I feel very uncertain at the moment but I think he responded better than I expected.
I am also happy a told him because at least I don’t have to life a lie! I will have to wait and see what the future brings.
x, Irena

Irena
01-12-2014, 03:18 PM
Hi Beverley,

I am seeing my local doctor twice a week right now. Also I am waiting for professional counselling, this will probably start next week.

Irena

gatorgirl
01-12-2014, 03:19 PM
Good for you Irena!! Hoping you and your love can move forward. :)

CONSUELO
01-12-2014, 03:43 PM
I wish you all the best. Glad you are getting help from your therapist.

LaraPeterson
01-12-2014, 03:55 PM
Irena, please be very careful with your future and seek counsel from more than one source. While it may be possible to transition, once you make that decision you can never go back--at least as far as surgical procedures go. I applaud you for your honesty with your bf and hope you are able to find the answers to your life situation.

LaraPeterson
01-12-2014, 04:01 PM
Irena, I'm glad your fear has been abated. Move slowly and continue to share with your bf. Being able to do that will be a big help in the future. Best wishes to you both.