PDA

View Full Version : Annual Holiday Party - Crossed one off my bucket list!

Ms. Laura
01-12-2014, 09:21 AM
My support group had their annual party at a local hotel last night. I've never done this kind of thing before but of course, always wanted to. What a great reason to get dolled up To The Nines!

I stopped by a local makeup artists studio and got matched for foundation (wow, so worth it) and met up with a sister to get ready. We had a lovely dinner and one of the sisters DJ'd and even though I rarely dance in guy mode, I shook my behind for all it was worth for 3 hours!

Girls really do have more fun!

Like, how many years went by wishing......

CarlaWestin
01-12-2014, 09:24 AM
What a fabulous adventure through the looking glass. It's cool just getting your foundation color matched. I'll bet there's more partying to do on your list.

Katey888
01-12-2014, 09:26 AM
Laura - that is so cool - I'm really envious... nothing like that happens in Olde Hampshire... :cry:
Sounds a super time and would be so augmented by pics.... :devil:
Lucky lady... :D
Katey x

adrienner99
01-12-2014, 09:34 AM
What a night for you! I am curious how the hotel staff treated you all...and any other guests who saw you.

Beverley Sims
01-12-2014, 11:02 AM
Good for you, I had all those parties years ago with my various girlfriends.
They were my support group.

Marcelle
01-12-2014, 11:22 AM
Hi Laura,

Glad to hear you had such a great night and a wonderful time. I missed my support groups annual this year but will be out there next year for sure.

Hugs

Isha

Brenda Freeman
01-12-2014, 11:55 AM
Must have been so fun and I agree on the dancing! The first time I went dancing in CD mode I loved it danced all night, guy mode dancing boring.

S. Lisa Smith
01-12-2014, 12:04 PM
Glad you had a great time. I'd love to do a party....

LaraPeterson
01-12-2014, 04:20 PM
Laura, you are so beautiful; I bet that gorgeous smile was beaming the whole evening. Keep on shaking it!

kimdl93
01-13-2014, 09:34 PM
It's really been interesting to watch you emerge, Laura! Glad you've stopped wishing and started doing!

Ms. Laura
01-13-2014, 09:38 PM
The hotel people were very nice. They've had us there for several years. One of the ladies there had worked the party 3 years in a row. I asked if they fought to work it or fought to get away! She said she loved it and they were all very nice, calling us ladies etc.

Alas, I have no pics besides a head and shoulder shot as I didn't have a camera with me. But what the heck, I'll throw it in!