PDA

View Full Version : Best Drag Show

robyn25
01-05-2006, 05:55 PM
I love drag shows and admire the skills of really talented impersonators. What was the best drag show you ever saw? The shows at The Baton in Chicago are amazing, mostly TS's and some very beautiful ones. The now-closed Queen Mary in L. A. used to have good shows at times, a mix of TS's and boy queens. I once saw a prelim night at Miss Gay America, and a couple of the contestants were very good. How about you?

Butterfly Bill
01-05-2006, 06:09 PM
The Brown Bag Lunch Drag that is put on by KU Queers and Allies every May in the plaza in front of the student union building at the University of Kansas.

jo_ann
01-05-2006, 08:11 PM
I've been to the baton 3 times, mimi marks is just amazing looking (she's also been with dennis rodman, I have an interview clip to proove it). I saw some drag show in vegas and I wasn't very impressed. Some parts were cute and funny, but I found the host to be annoying (changing outfits every single time between acts).

renee k
01-05-2006, 09:54 PM
My all time favorite was Finocchio's in San Francisco. All the performers sang with there own voices. The costumes were lavish. Had many a great evening there, always left in awe. Unfortunately it closed in 1999.

Renee

Jesse69
01-05-2006, 10:51 PM
The drag queens on the Baton's website aren't that pretty. So do they have prettier drag queens not shown on their website?

MandyTS
01-05-2006, 11:37 PM
Local show here with "girls" from the mac counter.

jenna19
01-06-2006, 05:11 AM
Here in Vancouver we've got several lounges where they put on drag shows. The Odyssey puts on two shows a week and the Dufferin does too. I like to go to them, but I get jealous lol.

cindybarnes
01-06-2006, 06:59 AM
The club Cabaret in Nashville has had the best show's I have seen so far . My friend Stef won 1st place on amature night,, was fun !
The Jungle in Nashville also had a good show but was a bit cramped inside (its now closed I understand) , same with Modle T's here in Atlanta,small place.
Images in Chattanooga has a good show too,, my wife has gone a couple times with me for Southern Belle socials, and other than her being hit on by a lesbian :) she enjoyed the shows and dancing.

Cindy

Daphne Renee
01-06-2006, 05:20 PM
I guess it depends on where you live.. the only place I know of around here is called Trumans.. I havent had time to visit it yet but I have heard goof things about it.
Cundy I have been to Nashville many times I didnt know there was a place for drag shows. The last place I knew about was cowboys lacage..It didnt last long as was replaced by the nascar cafe..

RenoDana
01-07-2006, 10:53 AM
I've seen lots of shows, and been in some myself. The Silver Dollar Court in Reno (part of a whole international system of Courts) raises over $50,000 a year for charities, practically all in $1.00 tips to drag show performers (like me). Although really a gay organization, our Court is totally T-friendly. Want to feel great about yourself? Help raise money for folks who really need it, in about the most fun way you can think of.

Lots of pix on my Website at www.webDOTgal.com -- click the RENO EVENTS link on the left.

kathy gg
01-07-2006, 02:24 PM
What a great thread! Well Amanda and I have been to many tg/drag bars and we have seen alot of shows. I have to say one of the best we saw was a trip we took to visit a gg friend of mine in Savannah, GA. While there we visited the local gay bar. We saw some amazing performers that evening. The place was called Club One here is the link http://www.clubone-online.com/ To be honest I cannot remember exactly if some of the performers used their owns voices, but regardless it was a alot of fun. Lots of crowd interaction and amazing outfits and top notch overall.

We had a really great time at the bar and even managed to meet the manager of bars' wife. She thought it was great that Amanda and I came out together and said that the Lady Chablis was her son's godmother!

We have alos been to Lucky Chang's in NYC and that was fun { well what I remember as I got a few too many beverages that evening!}. We have also been to bars in Dallas, TX but it was okay, not great.

Up here in Toronto there is always some darg show going on at some bar almsot every night. THe gals up here are pretty good, but I think I am jaded as I have seen all of them at least twice!

I hoep someday we can see a Las Vegas show or go to San Francisco and see what their scene has to offer.

Hugs

Katrina
01-07-2006, 02:36 PM
Local show here with "girls" from the mac counter.

LOL! Some of the makeup counters around here have just started stocking guys as sales people within the last year. I have wondered how many of them may have the same "hobby" as the rest of us here. Also there are some girls at those counters (MAC in particular) that I wonder if they are like us as well. They are really pretty though, so I could use makeup tips from them...

jo_ann
01-08-2006, 02:29 PM
The drag queens on the Baton's website aren't that pretty. So do they have prettier drag queens not shown on their website?

Are you looking at the main page or the photo album?
http://www.thebatonshowlounge.com/photo_album.htm

Even those pictures don't really do justice, it's a different experience at the show. Granted I'm sure there's MUCH better shows in san francisco, but it aint bad for midwest.