PDA

View Full Version : Odd thing I noticed about me

Newcdguy
01-12-2014, 04:01 PM
Hey gurls,
I grew a beard over the holiday break from work. Now that I have facial hair I find myself less interested in dressing. Anyone notice that in their life?

Sarah Beth
01-12-2014, 04:17 PM
I used to have facial hair but I found it just to incongrous with my dressing. It never for a moment lessened my desire too. There was time in my life when I had a bears and I now realize that part of the reason I did was because I was trying to keep myself from dressing femme.

Karren H
01-12-2014, 04:21 PM
The only thing that more facial hair does to me is make me less interested in keeping it ...

Rachael Leigh
01-12-2014, 04:22 PM
For me Ive never liked any kind of body hair and over the last few years I always keep shaved just about everywhere. When I was younger I tried the mustache thing but it never looked good on me so no body hair for me.

Katey888
01-12-2014, 04:24 PM
I tried growing a beard about 6 months ago - after about 3 weeks I gave up as it was too patchy and all I needed was a peaked leather cap and mirror shades to look like a bad approximation of someone who'd escaped from Village People, the 1980's or both. I've never had a very hairy face - but now, my legs - that's another story...
Didn't change my feeling towards being glam though... :D
Katey x

Alice Torn
01-12-2014, 04:39 PM
Me, too. When i go several days without shaving my face, i do not have near as much desire to dress, as i would have to go through all the shaving work.

Allisa
01-12-2014, 04:43 PM
Yeah, sometimes my fu-man- chu seems out of place with my nighty, also its good to be the man now and again.

Michelle789
01-12-2014, 04:47 PM
I'd like to be completely rid of my facial hair, for good. Removing it is a pain, but I hate my facial hair regardless of whether or not I dress.

Christy Stevens
01-12-2014, 04:49 PM
I can relate to this. There is still a majority of me that likes being a man and likes being manly. I have to shave daily for work but I would love to be able to grow a beard. Then again, it is a lot if work when I do dress up to rid myself of any facial hair. Maybe it's just lazyness, maybe it's just the masculinity coming out. I don't look it as a bad thing. When the feminine side needs to come forth, she will.

stacycoral
01-12-2014, 04:50 PM
I with Michelle on the face hair, I would love to get it gone for ever. I don't matter how much hair I have I still love the feel of dressing like I want. hugs.

heatherM
01-12-2014, 04:54 PM
Came to realize that the only reason I ever had a beard was to hide behind , I would be happy if it would quit growing along with all the other nazty hair everywhere.

Jilmac
01-12-2014, 05:38 PM
I sported a full beard for over 36 years while remaining in the closet and dressing whenever I got the chance. The beard was never a deterrent to my dressing but it was sort of a letdown any time I saw myself in a mirror. The main reason I kept the beard all those years was that I worked in the building trades and spent many winters outdoors. The facial hair insulated my face from heat and cold.

Marcia Blue
01-12-2014, 06:56 PM
I had a full beard for over 25 years, mostly as a self deterrent to Cding. I have been beard free since April 2009. A few women have commented on my facial skin. Seems a beard protected my skin, from the sun to my surprise.

Tina_gm
01-12-2014, 07:03 PM
One of those what came 1st, the chicken or the egg.... If we do something that makes us more masculine, it decreases desire, or something more feminine, it increases desire. But why did we do the more masculine of fem thing in the 1st place? My wife worries that the more I dress, the more I am going to want to dress, and she will one day lose her husband altogether. So then it would have an addiction like element. I disagree, We are as masculine or as feminine as we are. I don't know if it truly changes over time all that much. When we accept ourselves, we recognize it more, but are we actually different? We may appear different to others, we may certainly act different and we sure do dress different lol. But, with exception to TS girls, there is both masculine and feminine with us, most of us, and if we do something masculine we are connecting with the masculine part, and the same for the feminine part.

RebeccaLynne
01-12-2014, 07:16 PM
No, that annoying facial hair has to go on a daily basis. I enjoy dressing pretty much every day, and having a smooth face is every bit as important as long hair, long nails, makeup, and the clothes and jewelry that l really must have to enjoy my expression of femininity. :)

LaraPeterson
01-12-2014, 08:33 PM
I'm with Rebecca on this one; heels, hose, nails and skirts just don't fit in with facial hair. Beards for me are a no-no now. I like them just fine, but as I dress more and more, I don't have time for a beard of any kind.

As for it lessening my desire to dress, nope, not a bit.

Jamie Lynn
01-12-2014, 09:26 PM
It doesn't lessen the desire for me. I HATE to shave so sometimes I'll dress anyway. I don't go out so it doesn't matter. It gets cut every two or three weeks regardless. But only when I want to put on some make-up will I slice and dice the face!

AlexisTX
01-12-2014, 10:23 PM
I do find that if I don't shave my beard it does take somewhat away from my desire to dress. I haven't decided if that is just a result of growing a beard or the typical ebb and flow that I experience in regards to being feminine. However when I do want to the beard comes right off and get a good clean shave

Ginger Jameson
01-12-2014, 10:36 PM
I've noticed this. I really dislike catching glimpses of a stubbly guy in a bra in my mirror, so I'm less likely to dress when I'm not shaven.

Ginger Jameson
01-12-2014, 10:38 PM
For me Ive never liked any kind of body hair and over the last few years I always keep shaved just about everywhere. When I was younger I tried the mustache thing but it never looked good on me so no body hair for me.

Same here. Laser hair removal is on my wish list. Even when I'm feeling masculine and not wanting to dress, facial hair is annoying and uncomfortable. It's like mowing the lawn or doing the dishes. You have to take care of it but you'll never make any real headway.

KaceyR
01-12-2014, 10:46 PM
doesn't change my "dressing urge" here.. I get rid of it fast in any mode.
I found out early I had no real decent beard growing/managing capabilities
and like many others, if I could permanently get rid of it I sure would.

heymj
01-12-2014, 11:44 PM
The best way i can describe it is like a reservoir, sure I can go all deeply man with a beard or not shaving my legs or whatever, but the urge to dress is always building in the background and the reservoir is slowly but surely filling until the pressure just consumes my thoughts and I have to dress with more urgency then if I CD'd more regularly and hand't gone all manly. Not sure if that makes sense or if anyone else feels that way, I guess CD-ing isn't something I feel i choose to do, its something I feel I must do, as i get older I'm getting a lot more comfortable with it :-) …..

Cheryl T
01-13-2014, 09:39 AM
Absolutely not!
I can't imagine myself with facial hair anymore and don't want to find out what it would be like.

Kate Simmons
01-13-2014, 09:50 AM
The thing that I've noticed the most when I grow a beard and body hair is that I'm a Wizard rather than a Witch. ;):battingeyelashes::)

MonikaTirola
01-13-2014, 10:15 AM
My GG in my life and my boy self like growing a beard, so I let it grow. So when I see Grizzly Adams in the mirror I know it has been way to long without Monika in my life. (Fortunately lately a poking on my gf face is the trigger to agirls night )

lesli
01-13-2014, 10:27 AM
i am very hairy all over and my facial hair is very thick and course. i have to shave twice in a row if i let me beard go more than 1 day, it will just not cut close enough on one pass. shaving has always been a pain for me and in my younger, non professional life, i would not shave whenever possible and usually only when my beard began to become very itchy--about every 3 to 4 days.

facial hair now does not dim my desire to dress or not, but if i'm going to put on makeup, then i prefer to be cleanly and closely shaved as possible. my preference is to freshly epilate--body--and shave completely--everywhere--then dress, it just feels so wonderful. so when it's time to epilate i naturally start looking for new outfits ;)

AndreaCD1963
01-13-2014, 10:39 AM
I had a mustache from when I was about 15 until my early 40's. At various times, I also had a full beard. Once I accepted that I was two-spirited, all facial hair (and all other body hair for that matter) came off and has never come back. For several years I was living & dating over 50% of my life femme (evenings and weekends, holidays, etc - only time I was drab was for work), and shaved twice a day. I can't even imagine growing any of it back now - and if I could would take steps to ensure that it never came back at all (electrolysis). I don't live as much femme now for various reasons, but still wouldn't want any facial hair at all.

Geena75
01-13-2014, 11:32 AM
I've sported a thick beard for over 30 years. I like the way I look in it although it makes Geena look ridiculous and keeps her at home. I know if I shaved it off "just to see" I wouldn't keep it off. I still like to dress up, just look at myself from the neck down.

Beverley Sims
01-13-2014, 11:51 AM
Are you going to register this as a cure with the F.D.A.? :)

Julia NZ
01-13-2014, 02:51 PM
Hardly any facial hair left. I've been having electrolysis for the past 3 1/2 years as I'd always hated having hair on my face since the first time I shaved when I was 15. What a difference this has made for me, no blue shadow and my skin is in better condition and easier to look after. I get compliments on my glowing skin often now.

cdxmatty
01-13-2014, 03:46 PM
if anything im the opposite. . . i normally wear a beard 75% of the year and at times wish i could go clean shaven but it doesnt look right to me the goatee hides my pudgy chin :(

NicoleScott
01-13-2014, 05:12 PM
I get it. If I were to grow a beard, my desire to transform might be diminished because I wouldn't be able to appear female. What I don't get, is why someone who crossdresses would want to grow a beard. In my past (waaay in the past) I had facial hair. Once I finally got rid of it there was no going back.