PDA

View Full Version : thought i was being discriminated

johnboy23
01-13-2014, 08:43 AM
So we are on the hunt for a new puppy. We found a rescue that was having an adoptathon at a petsmart in rock hill sc. The dog we wanted to see was not there so the lady gave us her number and her mother's. She said that her Mom would be available all day to show the puppy to us. So when we call/text we get no response from either. then the mother's phone turns off and goes straight to voicemail. So we start thinking that they don't want to let us get this dog because I was crossdressing. We start thinking of all the things we want to say to them about discrimination and how it's wrong. Well around 9pm we finally get a text from the daughter saying sorry and that she and her mother had an emergency all day and that because we seem like perfect dog owners she will hold the puppy until we can come see her. It was quite amazing because since I have been going out more and more I have yet to have anything negative happen to me. Knock on wood. I thought this would be my first act of discrimination but nope I was wrong!

Sarah_the_Vixen
01-13-2014, 08:53 AM
Glad to hear you weren't being discriminated against, I hope you can get your new four legged friend soon. I love dogs and don't know what I'd do without mine, she keeps me sane sometimes.

Tracii G
01-13-2014, 08:58 AM
Rescue pets are the best.

Cynthia Anne
01-13-2014, 09:15 AM
It's great when things turn out so good! I'm happy for you! Another dog saved to what seems to be a great home! Be proud of yourself and your wife! I am!:hugs:

MarciManseau
01-13-2014, 10:35 AM
Could it be that you pass so well that no one knows you're CD'ed? To me, you look like a very natural pretty girl.

Erica_xox
01-13-2014, 11:34 AM
That awesome. My wife is not thrilled that I want to go more public. But I have seen a change in peoples views and reactions. I wish it would not be looked at any differently no matter what people have on. Glad everything went well for you.

Beverley Sims
01-13-2014, 11:54 AM
Just shows what your imagination will do to your brain.
Mine gets messed up often.
I imagine all sorts of things.

mikiSJ
01-13-2014, 12:01 PM
Glad you received resolution.

Oh, BTW, I am glad my niners beat your panthers yesterday!