PDA

View Full Version : Well, that's a first!

whowhatwhen
01-13-2014, 12:30 PM
So I was waiting to get my meds infused via IV this morning and when the nurse asked another girl who was here first she said "she was before me".

This was quite a shock and I'm not sure how to process it, my first "she"!
So far all I've done is grow out my hair and get my beard removed.

So we can break this down a few ways:
1) She assumed I looked female enough to gender me as such
2) She could see I was trans and used the correct pronoun
3) Accidental

I'm guessing 2 is more likely but it was a cool and uplifting event, even if completely mundane.
:)

Now, I could be crazy but I'll takes what I can gets.

Wildaboutheels
01-13-2014, 12:35 PM
4] She was doing the "normal" Human thing. She did NOT care what actual sex you were and was simply going by simple visual cues.

That is what most folks will do.

whowhatwhen
01-13-2014, 12:41 PM
That's kinda what I meant.
I'm happy that was giving off enough visual cues to get female pronouns, at least in this one instance.

Honestly it felt really good to be gendered correctly.
I've never corrected anyone so I just roll with the he/his but this felt pretty awesome right off the bat.

Nicole Erin
01-13-2014, 01:37 PM
First - you look more like a woman than a man. You pass well. You do very well because you do not have to dress like a hoe or drag queen like some TS your age.

Also - When someone calls us "she", it is hard to know if we pass or if they are just being polite. If someone is presenting as one gender or the other, it is only polite to address them as such. You will get to the point when you expect to be called "she". Don't expect that from old acquaintances cause they knew you as "him" but new folks, they should know you as "her".

You will be surprised at how many people just "go with it" even if they know we are TS. Us TS actually get more acceptance from the straight world than we do from the GLBT world. Look at all the snark-ass'ness we read here about how we are not "good enough" (especially from those Ts who think they are somehow better)

With "accidental". Not likely, people do not often do so by accident.

Corinne, you have a lot of potential. You already look the part of a woman quite well, all you need to do is work on going full time. And no, it doesn't take surgeries, hrt, or a permission letter from some quack to do such. I don't have any of that medical crap and yet I live a normal woman's life. Job, lovers, friends, family, car problems, bills, good times, bad times...

You too are well on your way to becoming a woman. :)

Jorja
01-13-2014, 02:59 PM
It was the billboard sign on your front that said "No danmit, I am a woman"? :) Just guessing.

whowhatwhen
01-13-2014, 03:32 PM
You mean the boobs?
:P

Nicole Erin
01-13-2014, 08:04 PM
Corinne did a "Sharon Stone" thing and that is how they knew :D
Then someone yelled "POON TANG!"
She is still learning to be a lady and not just a woman.

Daphne Renee
01-14-2014, 12:21 AM
just judging by your pic. I would say you look much more like a woman than a man. Unless its fairy obvious (6" 6 linebacker with cheap dollar store wig) then most will just go with what looks right. they wont try to investigate to much

whowhatwhen
01-14-2014, 12:33 AM
That pic is almost a year old by now.
O_O

I'll have to update it soon I guess but at the time I wasn't wearing any makeup.
That makes it more odd, I'll attribute it to the purse maybe?

Still, either way: feels good man

I Am Paula
01-14-2014, 09:53 AM
1) It takes very few visual cues for the mind to say 'woman'. The purse, boobs, your shoes, are all enough to create the 'ma'am'.
2) If you are clocked as trans (I think it happens to me, but we never know) most of the world does use the correct pronouns as a courtesy. Sometimes you can see the little gears turning in their heads while they decide a pronoun. It's kind of cute. Thank God they get it right in the end.
3) I don't think it was an accident. Think about how rarely you have misgendered somebody completely by accident.
Being 'she'd' or ma'amed is truly a great feeling, specially the first time. Enjoy, and don't over analyze.

TrishaMarie
01-26-2014, 02:45 PM
From your photo, I would have never mistaken you for a man. All I see is a very attractive female. I wish I could look like that someday.