PDA

View Full Version : Caught!

Shadeauxmarie
01-13-2014, 06:35 PM
I'm in a DADT relationship with my wife. Her only rules are:
1) She doesn't want to participate.
2) No outdoor activities.
3) No indoor activities when she is home.
4) Confine my clothes and other stuff to a designated closet.

I violated #4. I had some bracelets, an anklet, two rings, and two bottles of nail polish hidden under some books in my bedside table. I discovered they were they were all missing. She didn't say a word to me, but they are no where to be found. (I even dug through the trash.)

It was a tough 2013. My company is forcing me to retire when I turn 55. I don't have very many years with them so I will not receive a pension worth much. I don't know how much more than my medical benefits there will be. Certainly not enough to pay the bills. I've been searching for another job for two months now.
It looks like we will have to sell our house and move in with her mother.

It seems 2014 has not started on a better foot.

Katie_Did GG
01-13-2014, 06:50 PM
I think I can understand why you had the things nearby even though you are a CD and I am a GG. When we are stressing there is comfort in having things we love and enjoy nearby so we can feel them there even if we aren't touching them. The trouble with DADT is you cannot ask her and she isn't about to tell I'm thinking. She isn't seeing this as a simple form of comfort [just my opinion I could be way off base here, happens all the time] she is seeing it as a violation of rule #4.
Have you got anyone to talk with about your job ending? Jobs aren't just jobs for many of us they define who we are in a very real way. When I lost mine I was crushed. No one seemed to really get it how much of me was wrapped in my job. I was damn good at it too but no one really gave a damn about that or how lost I felt. Does your wife understand how much this is bothering you? Have you talked with her?

I wish I had some great advise to give you but I'm thinking you've already BTDT [been there done that] with the resume and job search. I do write a pretty mean resume' so if you need any help with that I'd be glad to lend a hand. Just sayin'

You aren't alone. Not by a long shot. You have all the people here rooting for you and lots of shoulders to lean on when needed.

Hang in there the year is just a baby yet.

kaite

Kelly DeWinter
01-13-2014, 08:07 PM
What a perfect opportunity to start a new career. Have you considered something low stress, high reward ? Real Estate, Fast Food Management ? Automobile Sales ? Each of these , offer full or part time employment and once you are trained properly, you can make a very good living. Some people think that it's sales, but its not it's more about relationship building. It sounds like you can benefit from being around other people. 55 is NOT an age to vegetate and 'retire' . Most but not all people who 'retire' live really sad lives of regret and misery. Keep busy and have fun.

RenneB
01-13-2014, 09:20 PM
Yikes.... forcing retirement at 55? I'd put a call into the local EEOC and see what they can do. The best time to get information on this issue is while you are still with the company.

That age thing aside, getting 'caught' for us in the closet is not a matter of if but when. I'd negotiate for better terms.

Renne.....

lingerieLiz
01-13-2014, 11:12 PM
Don't fixate about loosing your job. Pick something that you thought about in the past and figure out what would enable you to have a new career. I've seen people, including myself change careers in all age groups.

Shadeauxmarie
01-14-2014, 01:37 AM
I've tried looking for jobs in other industries. My work experience is fairly narrowed down. 32 years in nuclear power.

Tracii G
01-14-2014, 09:18 AM
If you have a hobby maybe use that to make extra money.The cool thing about it if you can make money at it it won't seem like work.
You can do it from home so no commute to work.

Jordan
01-14-2014, 09:27 AM
sorry to hear all this hope you can get lucky and get your life back on track

Teresa
01-14-2014, 09:43 AM
DADT is driving me mad, we all know it's never going to be an equal arrangement, I suppose you could try tit for tat something of yours goes missing so something of hers goes missing! ...I bet you're dreading a move like that a double whammy!.... This pension issue seems like a universal problem, subsequent UK governments have asset stripped private pensions and state pension age is going up to 68. These days 55 is young you stand a good chance of getting another job and I hope you do. Take care TERESA

Beverley Sims
01-14-2014, 11:02 AM
hings look grim now, but if you are able to find another career path it could change for the better.
It does not have to be a stressful job, maybe a warehousing job even.

Shadeauxmarie
01-14-2014, 02:21 PM
I'm very happy to have all of you to talk to. That in and of itself is helping me cope. Traditionally I have crossdressed to relieve stress in the past. I'm at home all day now with the wife working. I should be in paradise, but the not having a job is trumping any good feelings while dressed, so I haven't been doing it too much. It makes me think I really do have feminine traits. Many women can't relax and feel sexy with the rest of their world in turmoil. I feel the same way now.

Bootsiegalore
01-14-2014, 02:47 PM
I've tried looking for jobs in other industries. My work experience is fairly narrowed down. 32 years in nuclear power.

Come to Arizona. We have a huge nuke plant.

Shadeauxmarie
01-14-2014, 05:08 PM
I've looked in Arizona. No jobs I'm qualified for.

Chickhe
01-15-2014, 02:25 AM
Here's the secret to improving your life... simply ask your wife where she put your jewlery...the same as you would for anything else that you can't find.