PDA

View Full Version : how serious CD are you?

rah
01-14-2014, 11:38 AM
do you identify yourself as a women and you have this urge that you can't stop to crossdress but you can't do it in public? or you just do it for fun not really serious? or any other...............

Katey888
01-14-2014, 11:41 AM
Not serious at all... I have a laugh at my own expense as much as possible :D
Laughing at others can be more costly... :thinking:
Katey x

Karmen
01-14-2014, 12:52 PM
I guess not serious enough, othewise I would come out of the closet until now.

Karren H
01-14-2014, 12:55 PM
When ever I get serious..... look out!

Tina_gm
It is a part of me. I consider myself to be dual gendered. I could live without dressing, but I can't change how I feel.

Lygophilia
I'm not really serious, but I still do it at times, because I don't find the men's department very diverse, compared to the womens. I think if they had an androgynous department, that would solve my problems. From already being thin, it's difficult to find a size that isn't a block/baggy shape. I would like to see a gender neutral shape in clothes, but ladies department is my only alternative. I use to have gender identity issues.

Debra Russell
01-14-2014, 01:05 PM
How serious can a man in a dress be ? :D.....................Debra

Alice B
01-14-2014, 01:12 PM
It comes and go's. There are times when it is all consuming and then times where the urge is greatly reduced. For example, I had a hip replacement in mid December and had no urges at all until this week. The opportunity was there, but not the desire. Tonight I will dress fir the first time since November and am excited for the chance. I am also starting to get excited for DLV at the end of March, where I can dress 7/24 for a week and am looking forward to doing some shopping for new outfits, shoes, etc.

Zylia
01-14-2014, 01:12 PM
Well it's not something I chose to do and I know it's not something I can stop doing, but I try to make the best of it and simply enjoy it. It's a fun activity and the community is weird but enjoyable as well :)

I'm perfectly happy with my genetics and being a guy most if not all of the time. I don't change genders when I put on a little makeup and a wig.

And yes, it's hard to take a man in a dress seriously :D

Jaylyn
01-14-2014, 01:19 PM
I guess I'm not serious enough to want to live my life as a woman but I do enjoy cross dressing its a turn on for me and I grew up enjoying it from an early age. I understand from birth as mom had dresses made for me at birth. She was so sure I was a going to be a girl. My dad stepped in at about age four to five and decided she had to let me be a boy. I always loved playing in moms makeup and her old clothes, especially the undergarments. I really like being a man though but CD does give me a look into my feminine side I enjoy. I am one of those lucky ones that can enjoy both sides of the spectrum. I am not attracted to guys but appreciate a guy that can say heck I love a nylon shirt and can wear something different in men's styles. Due to a small red neck town I can't be out going as I would in a larger city. Hence I stay at the farm or house enjoying my femininity.

audreyinalbany
01-14-2014, 01:20 PM
I try to keep it light and not take it too seriously; I think my wife is finally starting to lighten up about it a little bit as well

Sarah Beth
01-14-2014, 01:28 PM
I am serious a time and circumstances allow me to be. I agree wholeheared with what genermutt said I feel like that as well. Jaylyn sounds like she lives somewhere similar to where I live where its best kept behind closed doors.

Rachael Leigh
01-14-2014, 01:29 PM
I think I'm serious but understand it's only something I will do part time, as in my thread about going out I guess if I don't go out in full fem in public does that not make me serious? Not sure but dang I love shopping for women's clothes in fact sometimes I think I'm obsessed at shopping for clothes I'm just glad I've got the willpower to not buy everything I see lol
I too agree with gender mutt I do feel cross gendered or duel gendered

Talisker
01-14-2014, 01:36 PM
how serious CD are you?
Depends in what way you mean serious. I try to look like a woman but don't want to be one. Given height I will always stand out and don't attempt any silly voices.

Do you identify yourself as a women ?
No. I'm a man in a dress!

you have this urge that you can't stop to crossdress ?
Not really tried to stop. Depends how busy I am and if opportunity presents itself (business trips etc). Sometimes I will take stuff with me on business trip sometimes I wont. Depends on mood when packing.

but you can't do it in public?
Been out in some very public places but dont always feel I have to.

or you just do it for fun not really serious? or any other...............
I am very serious about the fun part.

Tracii G
01-14-2014, 01:41 PM
I feel as if I have two genders so I dress like either at times or a mix of both.
Do I take myself seriously? No both genders in me are never totally serious.

Jenniferathome
01-14-2014, 01:45 PM
I'm never a woman. I'm a man who is a cross dresser.

Millie
01-14-2014, 01:46 PM
Hi Gals
Its been quite a time since I've been here. Obviously, I haven't been too serious about my cd'ing in the last year. Its been at least 15 months since I dressed an gone out. I still enjoy being Millie, but just don't have the motivation as I did in the past. And, maybe thats because I pretty much have come out of the closet to a few people. Maybe its not as exciting as it was when I was in the closet, I don't know. Maybe its because dressing up is more of a job than being my male self. Maybe I'm going though a faze. Anyway, for now Millie is on the back burner. I still have all of her beautiful outfits. Maybe she'll come back one day.

Kate Simmons
01-14-2014, 01:48 PM
I do it for fun mostly and never take myself that seriously. Friends and friendships, however, I do take seriously. :)

bethcgy
01-14-2014, 01:55 PM
That is a really good question. Right now I guess I'm in the experimentation stage. On one hand I am beginning to identify myself as a woman but at the same time still very aware of my male body. One reason I don't do it in public is I am very appreciative of fine female forms. So me in my ex-body building physique, where my shoulders are broader than my hips and being muscular (I have to wear a sz 42 bra with a 34 waist), doesn't work for me at the moment to even remotely look female going out. So I am content to just under-dress when I'm going out for now. So that makes me semi-serious? :)

Megan b
01-14-2014, 01:56 PM
I think I'm pretty serious about my crossdressing, this is part of me, I don't think it's going anywhere and I like this side of me. That said life would be easier without it. I'm a man and I like this side of me as well. I don't know about being dual gendered, but I know that crossdressing runs strong in me. It's like its more than just crossdressing but I just can't explain it,

robindee36
01-14-2014, 02:32 PM
I do it because it pleases me and I have lots of fun. If it weren't fun I would take up something else.

Hugs, Robin :bunny:

Alice Torn
01-14-2014, 02:44 PM
Maybe way too serious. Adult children of alcoholics, and other great dysfunction, or religions that condemned Cding make one very serious! I am told that i need to stop this, by just about everyone i know, religious, or not. Quitting means cutting a big part of my being away, but, to ever have a steady girfriend, I may have to sacrifice it.

Maggie O'neal
01-14-2014, 02:52 PM
I do it for fun in my own home during the day when I am alone. I would not venture out.

NitaCD
01-14-2014, 03:31 PM
I try not to get too serious about anything because every time I get serious I seem to get in some kind of trouble. Never got in any trouble cross dressing though, so I guess that could mean I am not a serious CD. But then again I have been cross dressing for over 60 years, I still enjoy every minute of it and have no intention of stopping any time soon, so I guess I could be a serious CD after all. I like to think of my dressing as both serious and fun at the same time.

MsVal
01-14-2014, 03:47 PM
I enjoy the variety, color, fit and fabrics of woman's clothing but have few opportunities to dress. I suppose one would say I am not serious about it because if I was, I would make those opportunities. However, I am new to crossdressing. Lately the urges seem to come more frequently and with greater urgency. I may have a different answer to that question in a year or so.

Saikotsu
01-14-2014, 03:56 PM
Not sure how to interpret this question. Like, how passionate are you about dressing up? How far will you go ? I like to sleep en femme, forms and all, and lately, I've even been doing it while guests are over or when I visit my parents. If either group found out, there would be serious consequences. so why do I do it? Because sleeping as a guy just doesn't feel right. So I guess that makes me serious?

Most of the time, it really just depends on which part of me is more dominant. I'm at the point where 3 or four days without dressing starts to affect me. However dressing can be as simple as a pair of panties underneath my male clothes.

Erica Marie
01-14-2014, 04:32 PM
I dont crossdress. All the other guys are wearing the wrong cloths. So seriously I wish they would just get their act together.

Crissy Kay
01-14-2014, 04:38 PM
As a part timer, I do it mainly for fun, and just something different then most things.

franlee
01-14-2014, 05:07 PM
Just as serious as I am about anything I do fun, entertainment and satisfaction. I suppose you could compare it to good food, wiskey and or sex. It is more than a hobby but just as expensive and believe me I spend to much on the things I enjoy, but seldome if ever regret it. If it weren't fun I wouldn't ever do it. But on the serious side I have found it can aide me with stress relief and angur management, all positives. But I have never had a problem realising who or what I am, a CD pure and simple. And I am happy with that!

Sharon B.
01-14-2014, 05:39 PM
Not as serious as I would like it to be, still in the closet but have gone out for drives as a woman and have gone to the post office after hours to snail mail items. Still find it hard to go out shopping or to a support group.
I keep telling myself to go but haven't yet.
I do keep my body hairless all year and wear nail polish on my toenails most of the time.

CynthiaD
01-14-2014, 05:45 PM
Crossdressing is the most serious thing in the world for me. I'm known as a big joker, but I never make jokes about crossdressing. I want everyone to realize that this isn't something I'm doing to be funny.

Beverley Sims
01-15-2014, 05:50 AM
I have done it for so long now it is a part of me.

I treat it as fun at parties because I am providing entertainment.

Georgina
01-15-2014, 06:53 AM
I must be serious as I dress every day after work. I do it for relaxation.

Adriana Moretti
01-15-2014, 06:55 AM
have fun.....:)

Marcelle
01-15-2014, 07:06 AM
Serious . . . hmm . . . not really as like others I try not to take myself too seriously boy or girl. It is however part of me so I have no desire to put it away or stop. That is why I dress on occasion, interact and then return to "boy me". I like both sides but in the end they are always both with regardless of how I am dressed.

Hugs

Isha

Ellie52
01-15-2014, 07:24 AM
Im also part of the 'doing it as fancy dress' group. I dont treat it seriously at all. I like the look when the wig is on but if I take it off before taking off my makeup I look like something out of a horror movie. A bald frankenfurter. To me its a hobby like leggo or mecanno. You can create something nice out of the parts available but inevitably it will revert back to its component parts.
I think for me the novely has worn off as I can wear what I want as long as our son is out. My wife is very understanding and loving and insists I wear a skirt/dress bra etc whilst we have breakfast.(about an hour a day) before getting changed for work. A couple of years sgo I couldnt have dreamt of wearing a pair of panties now I wear whatever I want but the thrill has definitely decreased...

Lexi Moralas
01-15-2014, 11:05 AM
I veiw dressing as a fun hobby! But when I do it I try to do it all the way not 1/2 assed.
So I take it a seriously as any other hobby , and I really do enjoying it. But I would never want to do it full time

LaraPeterson
01-15-2014, 06:34 PM
Hey Rah, look right above my avatar, you know, that place that's supposed to describe our membership type, I guess. Mine says, "Seriously?" Let me tell you why. I identify myself as me. I'm not the problem with me; the problem is all the unaccepting people who are looking at me. And now that I've used the word me far too many times, you probably realize that the real problem is me. Still, I describe myself as me. Seriously?

gautier_nikolai
01-15-2014, 07:05 PM
I like going out en femme but i'm much more serious a dresser en drab.I have so many smart casual looks en drab.I love getting Sir'd too lol!

I identify as a man too; not a woman ever so far.

I haven't tried to stop but when i am happier in other aspects of life it tends to dwindle this urdge to "peacock" up.