PDA

View Full Version : Do any ladies dress at work?

Erica_xox
01-14-2014, 12:03 PM
I made the big leap from dressing in panties and nylons so that nobody could see, to dressing in full fem at work. How liberating it was, and enjoyable. I still dress as a man at times, and usually mixed men and woman. (high heels and a dress shirt with woman's jeans) :)

Acceptance at work has been great, but it is rarely talked about or commented on by co-workers. Does anyone else have any experiences or desire to do so. If so what would be your path?

Katey888
01-14-2014, 12:14 PM
Erica - Wow - Respect! (Is that old fashioned...? :))
Could you give us a little clue as to the nature of your business, employer etc (without breaching any confidentiality, obviously..) - I'm amazed.
There is nowhere that I've worked recently that has not had a formal dress code and policy that would be enforced if anyone had openly cross dressed... Not that I'm saying that's right, obviously!
I suspect that only in local government in the UK would you find suitable policies that allowed complete freedom, and even that may be limited.
I'm not working at the moment, but it'd be interesting to go back into interviewing in a casual skirt and top... of course, I'd have to come out to do that :devil:
Katey x

Erica_xox
01-14-2014, 12:21 PM
Yea I was actually surprised. I had another Job in the wings if my decision went bad, but it worked out really well. I am still invited to grab a drink and made part of any non work conversations. The men have been just as accepting as woman so far. Who knows what they say when they get home with friends and family. I work in IT and in NH.

bethcgy
01-14-2014, 01:10 PM
I sorta kinda do but since I work from home I can wear anything but funnily enough my preference at home is anything comfy which means sweats and such. I'm still very much in the process of finding out what works for me right now

bridget thronton
01-14-2014, 01:11 PM
Ladies pants suit and wedge heels - no makeuo

Erica_xox
01-14-2014, 01:11 PM
That would actually be hard for me since I have kids at home. And they do not know.

Erica_xox
01-14-2014, 01:13 PM
Ladies pants suit and wedge heels - no makeuo

How do your co workers treat you?

bridget thronton
01-14-2014, 01:16 PM
Fine - college professor (appearance often ignored) - some of my colleagues compliment me on color choice

Kate Simmons
01-14-2014, 01:56 PM
A lot depends on the type of work you do I think. If one is a Longshoreman or a construction worker it would probably be very problematic, along with the Military. I'm glad you are able to express yourself at work.:)

RachelRICD
01-14-2014, 03:30 PM
I am an administrative assistant and a supervisor in a large medical facility and dress totally every day. Never had any issues as I was hired as a woman although everyone knows I am a CD

freeindress
01-14-2014, 04:24 PM
Used to dress at university while a phd student until dropout, then no job really allowing or suited to dress.

I Am Paula
01-14-2014, 05:17 PM
Yeah, but I was a musician. We were expected to be crazy, and probably dangerous. I never knew if people crossed the road cause of how I was dressed, or for their own safety.

Ellie52
01-14-2014, 07:31 PM
That would actually be hard for me since I have kids at home. And they do not know.

Erica - I am a bit confused. You go to work and interact in ladies clothes but not at home. Do you get changed at work? What if the kids found out from someone at work. Surely if you have gone to the degree of dressing at work the kids should know....Ellie

Rachel_B
01-14-2014, 09:40 PM
I wanted to be able to dress at the place I work, I even went to the interviews with a bra and forms on but during the interviews I didn't ask if it would be ok so I don't dress where I currently. While I was searching for a job, I applied at a nearby Macy's and went into the interview in a black top I got from WHBM, white cami underneath, black maxi skirt and wedges. I made sure I asked if I would be able to dress in women's clothes at work and the person that gave my interview said it would be okay if I wanted to wear women's clothes provided that I followed the dress code for female employees. That made me feel so happy even though I didn't get the job, I know that I could apply again at some point and be able to dress the way I wanted to

Monica cd
01-14-2014, 11:11 PM
I wish...

lingerieLiz
01-14-2014, 11:31 PM
Kate, Houston, I think, actually had a CDer turned TG building contractor who was out and wore women's clothes full time. There was also a barge owner that was a CD, forgot the town. News paper featured him and his girl friend. He would go to the country club wearing men's on top and a skirt, nylons and heals. He also showed up full fem sometimes.

Billiejosehine
01-15-2014, 12:13 AM
The only thing that wear out in public or at work that is still men's clothing is shoes, sweaters (can be considered uni-sex), and jackets. I try to keep things as neutral as possible so no one can tell that I am wearing women's clothes. If they did they haven't said anything to me.

larissa-laurie
01-15-2014, 01:37 AM
I actually can be totally enfemme as long as it is fairly neutral. My bra, panties, pantyhose and girdle are underneath my girls cords or slacks and blouse. When I where the plain blouse, I wear a light zippered sweater, ladies of course. I even use womens sneakers and knee sox over my pantyhose. It is a great feeling. Just have to be careful in the bathroom.

Beverley Sims
01-15-2014, 05:13 AM
Fortunate for you, it must be an interesting story.

No desires to rock the boat here.

crossdrezzer1
01-15-2014, 06:04 AM
good people like the person not the gender.

Debby1194
01-21-2014, 01:26 PM
Under dressing only. I work in a conservative environment, CDing would not go over well.

beatrixmarie
01-21-2014, 02:20 PM
I have. But only for Halloween. A cisgender woman said I was brave. Hehe. Though I do wear fun girl's socks often and keep my hair long.

jennifer_m_23
01-21-2014, 02:52 PM
I totally wish I could dress up at work!

NatalieMN
01-21-2014, 08:54 PM
I have given thoughts to underdressing at work, but I have never gone through with it. I work in an office environment, plus I use the gym at work and shower afterwards, so there is too much risk of being found out.

Sabrina1013
01-21-2014, 09:16 PM
Oh how I would love to be able to dress up for a day at work! So far all I can get away with is panties and my leggings. Haven't been able to find anything in my wardrobe that I could get away with for the top yet

Patty F
01-21-2014, 09:27 PM
Girl jeans, socks, panties, a t shirt or polo, in the winter when you ware heaver clothing I ware a bra under shirt and sweater

heatherdress
01-21-2014, 09:34 PM
Work is work. That's why they call it "work". If work was fun, they would call it "fun".

Sorry, but your appearance is very important obtaining and maintaining a job. There are reasons for dress codes and, unfortunately, there are prejudices and concerns when someone shows up wearing attire which is different. If you need to earn money and if you want a job - dress to meet expectations and requirements. Maybe if you work from home, or own your own company, or if you are employed by a unique company and have an understanding boss, you could crossdress successfully. For most employment opportunities, it is best to keep crossdressing out of the workplace.

Please do not interpret my realism with my own feelings and dreams - it should not matter how we dress and we should certainly be able to dress in appropriate female clothing. But it doesn't work that way. I actually dream of finding a job where I can crossdress someday when I retire. Maybe I wouldn't feel like I was going to work in heels, makeup and a dress. It would be fun.

Erica_xox
01-27-2014, 12:13 PM
I agree to those that said it is up to the company culture. I actually interviewed full male, and a couple months later worked with HR. I approached it as I am a TG, and HR said of course it is a protected class. Fortunately everyone was cool about it, but surprised and a bit confused. By taking these stands I feel it makes a statement that we are there and we are still the same person you worked with before. I do believe times are changing.

Stephanie Julianna
01-27-2014, 01:36 PM
As I have mentioned in other threads touching on this topic, I dress totally in female mode sans bra, makeup and wig. I'm a nurse and have only worn female scrub tops, woman's tailored elastic waist nurse's slacks, Maidenform shaping cami (helps keep my B breast.s and nipples in check), Pantyhose, ladies socks and woman's Rocker slip on nurse's shoes. Other then the shoes raising a few eyebrows I'm pretty sure that no one has connected the dots. I'm not trying to pass as Steph, just feel like her.

natcrys
01-27-2014, 02:51 PM
I wish, but no.. my workplace is very conservative.. and a lot of people already look at my long hair with a slight disdain.

I should switch careers! :P

Diane Edwards
01-30-2014, 06:37 PM
As I have written in another thread, I have at times lived full time en femme.

I am a consulting engineer and I signed on to do a job out on the West Coast for a few months a few years ago. Since I knew no one out there (except my ex-wife, and she has been fully cognizant and accepting of Diane for years), and my male name is androgynous, I did the job dressed for the entire time I was there and no one was the wiser. I also had the opportunity to spend time with the ex, something she always looks forward to when I'm out that way. (She prefers me as Diane, something I've written about before.) I have to admit that when I returned home I missed being able to be Diane full time.

All in all, it was a wonderful time and I look back upon it with fondness. If another opportunity presents itself I will take advantage and let Diane out 24/7 as I feel more comfortable when I can be the woman I am inside.

Annaliese
01-30-2014, 06:44 PM
What content do you teach I teach math,
I am finding the same thing where I teach, student don't care just interest in there education.

JenniferYager
01-30-2014, 06:46 PM
Nope. I like to keep work and my private life a bit separate. People work for the male me, they don't need to get confused. Now, I'd be all about taking a job from day one as a female and working it completely enfemme from there...

Ellie52
01-30-2014, 07:02 PM
When you work for a company there are dress codes for a reason.
Take an advertising company for instance.
1) The company is interested in only making money.
2) The company wants more clients
3) As an employee you are a ambassador for the company.

Wearing inappropriate clothing could be seen to .
1) Loose clients
2) Loose money due to point 1
3) Give the bigots in society (Opposition) an excuse to ridicule the company and so take their clients.

Unfortunately work is not play time and both should be segregated.

Saying that I am lucky in my work as I can wear what I wish.
Today - Ladies Jeans, Ladies cuban heel ankle boots, Ladies knee high socks. White Panties and a Mens polo shirt. I am also wearing a ladies diamond eternity ring my wife bought for me for Xmas.

If you are careful its amazing what you can get away with and most people wont comment even if they do notice. (Unless they wish to grab your clients)...Ellie

windycissy
01-30-2014, 07:04 PM
I'm an independent contractor, and in addition to doing most of my grunt office work as a woman, whenever I can I go to meetings, public hearings, etc as a well-tailored professional woman

suitgirlt
01-31-2014, 10:51 AM
I can only underdress as we have a uniform to wear. Wish it was different.

Sissy_Michelle
01-31-2014, 11:29 AM
I can, at times under dress at work on Fridays. Like today !

@--}---
Sally