PDA

View Full Version : CD's paradox

Jilly
01-15-2014, 10:52 AM
Hi all!

I have two very different people living inside of me! I don't mean like in a mental health sense, but in a way that is affected by who I am with and what I am wearing.

My best friend - a GG (and gorgeous!) - knows about my femme side, and accepts me as I am. When I am at her house or vice versa, and dressed, I feel like a real woman. I will drink wine, totter around, and talk all things girl with her.

Outside of this environment, I couldn't be more different. I have loads of bloke friends. They have no idea (hopefully) about my femme side. When with them, I drink beer, watch and play rugby league, and am a self confessed "car nut".

I have managed thus far to keep the two separate, without any slip ups.

Does anyone else have distinctly different personalities?

Lexi Moralas
01-15-2014, 10:55 AM
That is exactly the way I feel about it , and exactly as I want it to stay

Laura28
01-15-2014, 10:57 AM
Jilly, i feel the same way, i find it interesting that we can do that so well and change gears so easy when all that changes is apperance.

Kate Simmons
01-15-2014, 11:03 AM
I basically have two sets of neural wirings in my brain that can be switched at will. Mostly because I've integrated and amalgamated all of my feelings.:)

Beverley Sims
01-15-2014, 11:43 AM
Mine fused together years ago.
I just mix and match these days.
Or do I mean go with the flow. :)

Talisker
01-15-2014, 02:32 PM
Was reading on another thread about a man who had a woman inside him trying to claw her way out. Reminded me of alien movie.
Anyway, i can pretend to be a woman when dressed but it is still acting. Fortunately just one of me, dont know how i would cope with two.

Jenniferathome
01-15-2014, 02:44 PM
I find it really tough to play rugby in high heels, so I don't. I think when we are dressed, much of what we CAN do is defined for us. Not by stereotype but by simple logistics. Wearing a dress and car repair just don't go together.

Kristy 56
01-15-2014, 04:52 PM
I think that a majority of us here feel the same way. As some say,we have the best of both worlds. Although I'd have to say that having to suppress that femm side at times can be difficult at best.

Katey888
01-15-2014, 05:03 PM
When I am at her house or vice versa, and dressed, I feel like a real woman. I will drink wine, totter around, and talk all things girl with her.

So, a real woman drinks wine, totters around and talks all things girl? (No - I know you didn't mean just that... :D) Anyway, that would do it for me! I don't do that (other than virtually with you gals - I have my bottle of Bud here now..) - but I think I'd really like to have a go at that...
So yes - two subtly, rather than distinct personalities, I think - more facets of the same central core.

Lucky you, Jilly - that's a great relationship to have - treasure it... :hugs:
Katey x

AnnieMac
01-15-2014, 05:06 PM
You are doomed - your bloke friends will find out eventually (one of them might become quite taken by you!)

LaraPeterson
01-15-2014, 05:10 PM
Jilly, you sound really screwed up...oops. . .that was a lot of us on here you are describing, not all but a bunch, no doubt. Is it dual personality syndrome, nope. Are we bi-polar; I doubt it. Could we be a parallax, maybe. The fact is: some of us enjoy the duality and do a decent job presenting both while some of us have a stronger desire to be the femme of the two and yet others of us just want to get dressed up and are otherwise "all man." The mix makes for an interesting life, doesn't it?

rookiemistake
01-15-2014, 08:16 PM
I think you're quite lucky to have a friend like that to be let it all out with. I'm still very much in the closet about my dressing. I pray no one finds out, which obviously is unfortunate. Maybe in a few years if I still haven't settled down, I'll make a move, start somewhere new and lose some of my inhibitions about dressing, but for now, I keep them quite separate. Privately, I shop for women's clothes and plan trips to practice my dressing, but when with others (of any gender) I'm as closed off about it as I can be.

Best of luck. I hope you live your life as you want to, and don't conform like I do.

S. Lisa Smith
01-15-2014, 08:54 PM
Know exactly what you mean Jilly!

erica12b
01-15-2014, 09:30 PM
Welcome to the cd world ,two for one sale ,now your stuck with it ,make the best of it.

Marcelle
01-15-2014, 09:39 PM
I tend to let both sides blend. Boy me loves red wine and girl me likes smoke a fine Cuban cigar now and then with brandy. :)

Tiffanyselkoe
01-16-2014, 10:31 AM
I find myself to be easier to talk to/ more sensitive as my boy/girl selves have blended. I enjoy being pretty as well as rough and tumble. Maybe I'm a tomboy. My wife and I do like to shop together but she draws the line at letting me work on the motorcycles in one of my good dresses ;)

Lynn Marie
01-16-2014, 11:40 AM
Me too. Maybe not an ordinary "bloke", but a pretty ordinary guy who really doesn't care who wins the Super Bow!

Chickhe
01-16-2014, 01:20 PM
To me it is much like speaking another language. In France you act more French, in England more English.... ...maybe like acting or playing a roll. Or like spending time with a friend from work and one from you old work...oil and water? You are probably not crazy.

Janine cd
01-16-2014, 01:55 PM
Yes, Jilly! I have had the same feelings and experiences when totally dressed en femme.

laciewhite
01-16-2014, 03:34 PM
hi jilly
i'm not sure i have quite as different a personality switch as you. i'm not sporty, have no interest in cars etc and am often at a loss what to say to other men when they start talking about football or whatever. i tend to find women far more interesting to talk to generally.
but i just realised i don't think i've ever had a proper face-to-face conversation with anyone when i'm dressed femme!
my god, 30+ years of talking to myself in the mirror!
no wonder i'm a bit weird..