PDA

View Full Version : Stopped by police?

JoanneThomas
01-05-2006, 09:22 PM
New member here--please be gentle.

Coming home to my spouse after an all girl's evening at a local establishment a week ago, I look in my rear view mirror after going past a police car at a stop light. The policeman has pulled a quick right turn behind me, accelerated and put his lights on. I'm not exactly passable at my age, but start to pull over and think of how my life is now over. The policeman moves around me and stops the car only forty feet in front of me! I put my signal on to get around them, glance slightly as I pass and then forward again as I whisper a silent prayer. No drinking that evening so no concerns there but new boots, a late hour and little sleep would have made me more nervous than I had to be.
Any others have close calls?

Joanne Thomas

Joyce1702
01-05-2006, 09:46 PM
I've gone through police roadblocks without incident. They don't care what you're wearing, only that you have a seatbelt on and that your car is registered and inspected.

I speak from 25 years experience in law enforcement (now retired). They've seen it all and unless you're breaking the law, they aren't concerned with crossdressing.

Now, for real thrills, try going out dressed in a small town where you're a police officer and everyone knows you and all the local and county cops know your vehicle. Makes it tough!

Joyce

Mitzi
01-05-2006, 10:07 PM
I posted this on a thread (now closed) a number of months ago. Since a lot of new girls have joined, one more time...

"I've had three encounters with police while en femme in Los Angeles.. Each time I had to show my drivers (drab) license. The police never made an issue of the dressing.

The first time, four of us "girls" were going home from a TG ball after midnight. The officer looked at my license, looked at the "girls", then told me to drive carefully, and let us go.

Another time, I was walking in Hollywood to a TG bar, when two officers stopped me, hassled me for a while, supposedly for possible soliciting... Good cop/ bad cop bit...let's run him/her in...she hasn't done anything wrong, let her go...they eventually let me go. It was nearing election time, and a push was on to clean up Hollywood, but I kinda think the "bad" cop was just feeling ornery.

The third time, (I just told this story on another forum) I was stopped for a traffic violation. Two officers had me get out of the car, looked at my license, and wrote me up a ticket. Very polite throughout. Afterwards, one of the officers sidled up to me and asked....are those your real nails?

So, is it illegal to CD in California? Maybe, but certainly not often enforced.

Mitzi "

Butterfly Bill
01-05-2006, 10:32 PM
I've been stopped a number of times (that I can't recall enough of to count, I've been out for over 11 years) for "routine" traffic offenses, and some (but not all) of those times they asked me, "Why are you wearing a dress", and I answered with words to the effect of "This is what I do all the time", and they have ultimately just given me a ticket and said I'm free to go. I think the only thing they might have been concerned with was if I were wearing a disguise for the purpose of another crime. It was like it has been in any other situation, if I act like it is what I normally do, they will treat it as it is too.

jolien
01-06-2006, 12:04 AM
I would say that the superintendent had a very good law suit on his hands. At the least, the school board would probably want to settle with him out of court. I would like to know more, as to how exactly he was cited for a simple traffic citation and it was printed in the paper that he was crossdressing at the time. Trust me girls, if you do what you are supposed to, and somehow you lose your job for crossdressing, you will be rich.

terza
01-06-2006, 12:28 AM
that is always sad to hear a public career lost from being "outed" --
yet for some strange reasons it is much harder to oust
priests or such for much worse, if not criminal offense.
currently, there is news of Rev. Lonnie Latham, a pastor in oklahoma,
who rails against the evils of gays got busted for proposing
oral sex to a plain clothes pig. that is GOOD irony... and right
wing christians have too many to count. HAHA.
the real shame is that religious institutions will stand by
their criminals and the outed cder gets abandoned his community --
complete injustice.

carson
01-06-2006, 08:15 AM
I thought the term "Pig" went out in the early 70's along with "Fuzz" and "The Man." :nono:

that is always sad to hear a public career lost from being "outed" --
yet for some strange reasons it is much harder to oust
priests or such for much worse, if not criminal offense.
currently, there is news of Rev. Lonnie Latham, a pastor in oklahoma,
who rails against the evils of gays got busted for proposing
oral sex to a plain clothes pig. that is GOOD irony... and right
wing christians have too many to count. HAHA.
the real shame is that religious institutions will stand by
their criminals and the outed cder gets abandoned his community --
complete injustice.

Wendy me
01-06-2006, 08:35 AM
yes i was stopped by the police read it here...http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13054

MsJanessa
01-06-2006, 11:32 AM
As long as you behave yourself, are breaking no laws(including drunk driving ones) and are polite you will probably not have any problems. Believe it or not most police officers deal with CD/TVs on a fairly regular basis and are not bothered by us--I remember three years ago, I was in a bar dressed head to toe in femme black leather--skirt and jacket with hi heels---a couple of cops came in to quell a disturbance which started outside on the street---never gave Me a second glance---despite the way I was dressed and made up--think Dominatrix/hooker:dom: ---I imagine you would not have any problem, assuming you are well behaved

suzy
01-06-2006, 11:41 AM
PIG??... Well. I resemble that remark..and don't forget it!!!:doh: :doh:

JoanneThomas
01-06-2006, 05:34 PM
I appreciate your responses. You are absolutely correct that most likely nothing would have come of it even if I was stopped but it would have put a damper on an otherwise enjoyable evening out with other members of our local CD club. I have noticed that as I age, I am no longer as concerned over the possibility of being outed as a crossdresser. I have made many new friends in recent years because of it.

Thanks again for your timely remarks.

Joanne Thomas