PDA

View Full Version : Confidence and the CDer. Pick one...

Wildaboutheels
01-15-2014, 03:30 PM
train of thought that YOU most strongly identify with. [This is for anyone who leaves their house and goes out in public wearing at least some VISIBLE article of clothing from the "wrong" department.]

1] Image is everything

2] Attitude is everything

An easy guess is that many here used to believe one or the other but changed their minds at some point?

Rachelakld
01-15-2014, 03:38 PM
My attitude determines my image.
If i feel young, then little skater skirt or mini.
If i feel mature, classy or casual.

Rachael Leigh
01-15-2014, 03:56 PM
For me number 2, I don't care if someone doesn't like what I'm wearing but if I've got the right attitude than Im good

KayleeTaylor
01-15-2014, 04:08 PM
Attitude is everything. You gotta have confidence in yourself to get out and have fun :) Now I know that I do not "pass" as well as some people on here, but I also know that some people who are more passable than me have never left the house. Where is the fun in that?

AllieSF
01-15-2014, 04:20 PM
I already have a very good attitude about me and about my dressing. So, image, or in my terminology, looks, is very important to me. If I look good fine. If I think that I look great, that is even better. Either way, including when the outfit was not as good as I thought that it might be, I always have a great attitude to carry me through the time out.

Kristy 56
01-15-2014, 04:21 PM
Definitely attitude. As someone once posted here," life begins when you no longer care what other people think about you"

kendra_gurl
01-15-2014, 04:27 PM
Only after I accomplished the Image I was satisfied with did I gain the confidence to leave the house then develop the Attitude to enhance my Image.

Kate Simmons
01-15-2014, 04:38 PM
The image part is really all "smoke and mirrors". I only bring out the attitude part when necessary. :)

Debra Russell
01-15-2014, 04:42 PM
I only have the attitude if I look the part - can't have one without the other.........................Debra

LaraPeterson
01-15-2014, 05:46 PM
How about imagitude? Can you really separate the two?

gautier_nikolai
01-15-2014, 05:52 PM
If i am well dressed in nice cut, tailored clothes en drab or en femme i feel i have the confidence to ignore any possible sneers or sniggers.

However, the attitude is the most important thing to me and if i do get sniggers or anything i just tend to think well who are you Joan Rivers and the Fashion Police?!

Always they tend to be exactly the opposite and dressed awfully like they dressed in the dark!

Gillian Gigs
01-15-2014, 06:09 PM
Attitude is EVERYTHING. Your attitude in how you approach life effects everything. Cding is just one element in life.

S. Lisa Smith
01-15-2014, 06:28 PM
I have to have the image right so that I can have the right attitude.

Cheryl T
01-15-2014, 06:49 PM
Confidence is where it's at...

Beverley Sims
01-16-2014, 12:47 AM
From my point of view,

1] Image is everything

2] Attitude will come after the image is established.

Confidence has to be there for the right attitude to come out.

Deer in the headlights is not an option. :)

Eryn
01-16-2014, 02:05 AM
A good image is very helpful, but a confident attitude is what sells. If your attitude says "I belong here" then you do.

Rogina B
01-16-2014, 06:54 AM
The same as any genetic woman..Give it your best,and go with it confidently out the door! Confidence breeds acceptance!

Zylia
01-16-2014, 07:10 AM
Only a sith deals in absolutes. I think you need a certain attitude depending on your image and the social interaction you're having.

Heather W
01-16-2014, 07:30 AM
I really don't have a great deal of experience in this area however from what few times I have gone out and what I have read here I believe both have a factor in one's success. Personally I feel attitude is a it more important but if you lack confidence as I once did you will stay in the closet.

kelliboots
01-16-2014, 07:51 AM
Attitude of not caring what others think but what you believe to be... the image will follow.

Jenny Doolittle
01-16-2014, 08:17 AM
I think that with a great attitude your over all image is improved and you will carry it off much better.

Majella St Gerard
01-16-2014, 09:39 AM
attitude determines image.

Wildaboutheels
01-16-2014, 11:38 AM
So no one here has changed their "effort" on presentation? It is widely reported here that "progress" cuts both ways.

Karren H
01-16-2014, 11:54 AM
An attitude that projects you belong there dressed as you are.... enhances your image in other peoples eyes....

SierraTsuki
01-16-2014, 08:19 PM
You can't have a good image without a good attitude.

KaceyR
01-16-2014, 08:44 PM
Well.. Before yesterday I might have thought about the image being first. But even with the short period between leaving the apartment w/o any makeup (yes actually one person was walking by my car from the complex that technically may know me from it) going thru the mall lot, meeting a few at entrance, and walking by some sort of big "meeting" of macys workers inside near the entrance... it kind of put it to me that the biggest thing was really the attitude. I'd almost say that if I only had clear/concealed beard and lipstick that technically I could get away with only that for simple outings and not be an issue.

Thing is I'd say, even if you had total hot image and makeup, if you've got an afraid attitude, no smile, hiding face - that'll pull down the "overall" image no matter what and make it suspicious.
But with the focused attitude and a smile, then a rougher initial image will get overlooked.
Especially the smile..that disarms all :)

So Attitude 1- Image#2 for me.