PDA

View Full Version : First Outing (and it was a doozy)

KaceyR
01-15-2014, 10:00 PM
Heh... Talking about blasting away any fear walls...
Will add/interleave a couple pics afterwards...

So. Payday hit (yay! Time for Kacey to fly!)
Didn't get out as early I was originally planning..but Kacey got out finally.
Basically the day started at noon....but Kacey started at 2PM. Picked up a purse and winter coat before heading back out as Kacey.
Originally was planning to hit the nail salon in the morning,...no go..Kacey was slow.
So I started my day with the '2nd' event... Went to the Lakeside Macy's and the MAC counter and got a proper color matching and makeover.
Holy cow -night and day difference when a proper makeup person does it...

I walked into Macy's dressed, but no makeup. Still, several held entrance doors for me as I went in. Kind of neat. so the MAC counter is dead center of the store...right where the escalator is. You sit right out in the open as all pass by while the work is done. Good instruction, and good color matching. Funny to watch some of the passers-by while this was happening. Was only moderately busy due to the time.
Saw older (mother-daughter ?) pair look and as they walked by the older one said "now there's a cute girl" :) very good work by the technician.. Of course even the other 2 technicians loved the look. I can see it being fun to see transformations like this.. Let there minus $225 (and tip). Not bad for everything.

So.. All completed.. Dunno maybe 3:30. Yay! Nail time!
L.A.Nail was called. They said hop in. (All Filipino family ran it seems).
So got there.. This is my first mani-pedi.
Think her name was Alee. We got to talking and it turned out that she didn't recognize me being a CDer :D. Technically I didn't really try to do any higher pitch voice...still working on it so I just decided to not bother with it all day today. Alee said she just thought my voice was from being a smoker or something. It also turned out that her uncle (still in Philippines) also was a CDer. she says she sends clothes,etc back to him at times. My outfit was red so we went with that for toes and fingernails. Discussed work,CDing,and other junk. good job. 5:45 done.

Called up friends I'd outed to before. Stopped by their place. They thought I looked great. ~7pm left but wanted something from Target.

So off I go.. Picked up couple belts,earrings, and the epilator I wanted.
While I'm not wearing heels, I'm wearing a boot shoe (pic soon) but I find out 2x that Target waxes their floors real well. But I survived the near slips.

So done at around 8pm thought..ok. (cue Sinistar voice: I Hunger... )
So here I am at Country Inn family restaurant (I've been here before several times).
Ordered, and I'm now typing while I eat. Depressing event here... Couple in booth next to me got the last piece of lemon meringue pie... :( did find out ranch dressing/chicken strip salad weakens my lipstick... Possibly an extra check by an employee more than normal...maybe curiosity..or maybe their bored. Either way no big deal.

So I typed all that in the restaurant. Now it's 9:30 and Kacey's back home. Parking place taken so had to walk by several apartment buildings :) I needed more work on walking skills anyways..(although would rather not on ice). So 7.5 hours on the Kacey 'odometer'.

All in all, a good day :)
Only thing I didn't really do was make use of any restrooms.

So pics uploaded are:
1-Full outfit wore...(minus the belt). Took this after I got home from the day showing the boots.
2-Right after finishing the makeover... but without glasses
3-after I got back to the car I took a selfie. Hard to get good pics this way w/o chins showing...

Genny B
01-15-2014, 10:30 PM
A very productive day! Very productive!
Genny B

Beverley Sims
01-16-2014, 12:23 AM
Kacey,
Sounds like you had a great day. :)

When will the next doozy be?

bridget thronton
01-16-2014, 01:37 AM
Well done

Persephone
01-16-2014, 03:17 AM
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Hugs,
Persephone.

Heather W
01-16-2014, 04:57 AM
Congratulations Kacey! :hugs: I am still working up the courage for my first outing like that. Right now I feel it will be soon and after reading your story maybe sooner than ever! Thanks for sharing, gives us semi-closeted girls hope.

Linda Leigh
01-16-2014, 11:08 AM
Kacey I am glad you had a great time for your outing :) I wish I had that courage , but I dont :(

Hugs

Linda Leigh

kelly0
01-16-2014, 11:13 AM
congrats kacey! awesome. good for you girl

sincerely,
kelly

ClaireClark
01-16-2014, 11:20 AM
Well done! You look gorgeous, comfortable, and happy.

Claire x

Miss Trudy
01-16-2014, 11:20 AM
Sounds like a fun girlie day Kacey. Glad your first outing went so well for you!

PatChick
01-16-2014, 11:27 AM
Wow! great story and pretty pictures! how did you hold in your pee for 7 1/2 hours???

Devin C
01-16-2014, 11:29 AM
Sounds like you had a wonder day. I'm very happy for you.

Janet Doe
01-16-2014, 11:38 AM
Sounds like you had a great time, I`m not sure my heart could take the strain. I wish I had your personal strength and courage.

AKADonna
01-16-2014, 11:41 AM
Great Day! You look really nice, too!

stephNE
01-16-2014, 12:29 PM
What a great day for you! I am very happy it all went well. Now for planning the next excursion. BTW pretty pics!

Debra Russell
01-16-2014, 12:35 PM
A+ for a successful outing - you done good ! ......................Debra

KaceyR
01-16-2014, 12:52 PM
When will the next doozy be?

Heh I dunno. Not certain I can top "doozieness" without it being going out to club or something. But didn't want to do anything like that solo.. so it'll be a bit mundane for awhile.
I am thinking I might end up going as Kacey to a breakfast meetup we do Sat morning. The friends that know, and a few others I've yet (but was planning to) tell yet are there. Also, normally because of work Fri ngiht before, I wouldn't get a chance to Kacey it there later on soo... But don't think it's "doozy" worthy. Just fun. Of course, we also know the staff at the restaurant, some other older regulars, etc at the restaurant so those are unknowns. Hmm. the also has single-person M-F restrooms too. (decisions..) Then ususally the group goes shopping a bit. (also know some people there too or they'd recognize the "group"..dunno if they'd recognize me tho. Think I'd have to wear my higher heeled boots... get some practice in.
I'd love to split off and get to Dress Barn after that. Only thing is they'd be busier Sat..If my makeup skills are good enough, I may do it Fri morning instead.

Wow! great story and pretty pictures! how did you hold in your pee for 7 1/2 hours???
Just liquid management. Not drinking heavily before leaving to start, in fact I nursed a bottle of water I took with me in the car. (oh and solids were taken care of by my nervousness in the beginning of the day before I left :)
Even at the restaurant I normally might have gone thru 2-3 Iced Teas..but those go right thru me.. (sometimes worse than beer even) so I kept it to one.
I figured at the restaurant yesterday that if I needed to go..I'd ask the staff to be certain about it. But wasn't needed.

Oh and thanks all for the congrats!

Kristy 56
01-16-2014, 02:10 PM
What a whirlwind day ! Sure was worth it though,because you look great ! I'm feeling a little jealous. :)

GiannaD
01-16-2014, 02:12 PM
Awesome Kacey!

Princess Grandpa
01-16-2014, 02:21 PM
Good for you Kacey! Well done! I'm glad you had a great time and everything went so well on your outing. Thanks for sharing!

Hug
Rita

Katey888
01-16-2014, 02:41 PM
Kacey - that is a great story, super blow-by-blow description - and you looked great and were clearly (and justifiably) very happy with yourself - totally cool :cool: Great pics - and no worries in pic #3 (selfie in car) your satisfied smirk speaks volumes :smug:
Katey x

Hell on Heels
01-16-2014, 02:51 PM
Kacey , I'm so happy for you, sounds like an incredible day.
Much Love,
Kristyn