PDA

View Full Version : Is the pain worth it.

Peggie Lee
01-15-2014, 11:27 PM
Is the pain is worth it , I think so.

Made my first electrologist appointment today. She came highly recommended and is Trans friendly. I really am a coward when it comes to any kind of pain but believe that achieving this life long desire is worth the price. I understand that this will be a long term commitment on my part.

Since my first post in Nov I have found a good support group thru the local GLBTI Center in my county and also a good gender therapist who I've seem several times.

Love to you all

Rylee :battingeyelashes:

LeaP
01-15-2014, 11:47 PM
Mileage varies a lot with electro. I started falling asleep at my last appointment. Good luck!

Eryn
01-16-2014, 02:14 AM
Electro is certainly a commitment! My worst bit is the edge of my lower lip with my upper lip just a bit easier to handle. Even with numbing gel I really have to keep my eye on the prize to get through the tender spots!

That said, I love the fact that I can wear sheer makeup like a GG! After 18 months at 2 hours per week I don't shave at all. The discomfort is forgotten when I feel how smooth my face is!

PretzelGirl
01-16-2014, 10:51 PM
Is it worth it? I would say it just comes down to whether you want to be without the shadow. The best thing to do is to try and not tense up and do all you can to think about something else. Once you let it get to you, the adrenaline pumps and it is harder to get it to settle down.

Jorja
01-16-2014, 11:00 PM
From someone who had electrolysis done several years ago, yes it has been worth every painful second of it.

LeaP
01-17-2014, 09:19 AM
Yes, the upper lip area is definitely more sensitive! Particularly right under the nose. There is no dozing off when she's working in those areas!

There are only three downsides to electrolysis:

1) it's expensive
2) it takes forever
3) you have to walk around for days without shaving. Personally, I find this the most difficult part of the process. It makes me acutely self-conscious.

On the other hand, my electrologist and I have developed a great rapport. We are able to work around each other's schedules, and chat about all kinds of things while she's working.

stefan37
01-17-2014, 10:23 AM
I found the area above the upper lip especially the under the nose and my lower neck the most sensitive. It is a huge time ad monetary commitment. I have done enough electro that I only need maintenance. I also usually fall asleep during sessions. It is well worth the money I have spent.

Angela Campbell
01-17-2014, 05:11 PM
I have fallen asleep during sessions as well. Sometimes it is not so bad, sometimes it is. I am at the point where I do not shave ever and on the day of the session you really have to look close to see any hair. Is it worth the pain....yes.