PDA

View Full Version : High heels and femininity

MelanieBunny
01-05-2006, 10:39 PM
Can anyone give an insight or have any thoughts as to why I feel so much more feminine when wearing 5" heels than if the heel were much smaller. It's as though it just doesn't feel 'right' for me if i'm not wearing them. I don't think there is an obvious answer but different points of view may help. Many thanks.

TeriAnn
01-05-2006, 10:49 PM
I don't have an answer but I do know one thing I love my 5 inch heels. Most of the heels I own or 5 inch or better. I have one pair of 6 inch and one of nearly 7. Let me tell you I feel so girly that it is hard to describe. I always wear short skirts when I don my 5 inchers and the feeling is wonderful. It makes me feel like I am on cloud 9. Wear your heels proudly and love every secound of it.;)

Melinda G
01-06-2006, 01:03 AM
I buy shoes I can walk in. I love high heels, about 3 or 3 and 1/2 inches, with ankle straps. I can walk better than some women I know in heels. I love to go for long walks, in safe neighborhoods, in a dress, nylons and heels.
Those five inch heels may be OK around the house, or for pics, but I doubt that you girls are going to walk very far in them.:cheeky:

Deanna2
01-06-2006, 01:21 AM
At a rough guess I would say that it is because like a number of items of clothing, shoes with heels are worn exclusively by females.

My preference is for heels about 3" on slides or open tor sandals. It does feel so natural to be wearing them.

hjt101
01-06-2006, 01:56 AM
I definitely think that my heels complete the look and feel. I have some from about 2 inches to almost 6. Most of my favorites are about 4 inches, but on those special occasions, 5 is the way to go!

TGMarla
01-06-2006, 09:04 AM
I like mine about 4", 3 1/2 will do, but any lower than that, I lose the rush and the feel that the higher heels provide. I'm not so much into 5-inchers, but I do know what you're talking about. I just don't feel right in a lower heel.

JoAnnDallas
01-06-2006, 09:41 AM
For me, it's 3" heels that give me that feeling. I have worn riding boots that had 2" heels and below 3", it doesn't feel girly. Unless it spike heels then even 2" spike heels give me the feeling. I find I can wear 2 to 3 1/2" heels and feel girly and confy. I once tried on a pair of 4" heels and just did not feel quite right. Never got the balance in 4" like I do in 3" & 2".

Foxy Lady
01-06-2006, 10:12 AM
I love 4" heels, tried 5" and didn't feel comfortable.

LindaTS
01-06-2006, 10:23 AM
First of all let me say that I wear heels every day. On days when I'm staying home I usually wear 4" or 5" heels and I'm much more aware of them. When I'm going out I seldom wear anything over 3", and a lot of times only 2" or 2 1/2" heels. On these ocassions I usually feel like I'm wearing flats the change is so dramatic to me. Of course I still feel like a woman but I guess I'm just much more aware of it in the higher heels.

pattied
01-06-2006, 10:32 AM
I buy shoes I can walk in. I love high heels, about 3 or 3 and 1/2 inches, with ankle straps. I can walk better than some women I know in heels. I love to go for long walks, in safe neighborhoods, in a dress, nylons and heels.

Those five inch heels may be OK around the house, or for pics, but I doubt that you girls are going to walk very far in them.:cheeky:

I agree... 3, 3.5 inch strappies are my favorites too. I can relate though to the concept that the heel make me feel more feminine.

MsJanessa
01-06-2006, 11:25 AM
I have a pair of 6 inch platforms and a pair of 5'' thigh high boots but I never were them anyplace I might have to walk more than a few feet. 4'' is the limit for Me if I have to do any significant walking or standing.:dom:

Summer
01-06-2006, 05:20 PM
Like most of you I have an asortment of shoes, when out and about nothing higher that 3" and most times just flats. You don't need bunions, or hammer toe. Ask any GG who wears heels if she has hammer toe. You don't want it trust me.
I like bear feet as well! But hey thats me!:bs:

Summer,

Boy do I wish it would stop rainning!!!!! :(

Donna tv
01-06-2006, 05:37 PM
At a rough guess I would say that it is because like a number of items of clothing, shoes with heels are worn exclusively by females.

My preference is for heels about 3" on slides or open tor sandals. It does feel so natural to be wearing them.

I agree about the heels also and another item I think only women and of course cder's can wear are pearls, whether they are necklaces, bracelets rings or earrings Very feminine!!

Rikki Elisabeth
01-06-2006, 08:00 PM
One wears shoes so that they may move from point A to point B without injuring their feet. One wears shoes to just look in the mirror and see how they make the legs look. One wears heels to see an affect of how they alter the balance of the body...butt out, breasts out. Also, walking on five inch nails is like walking on a tight rope.

You just wonder if you are going to make it.

andreaboots
01-07-2006, 12:26 AM
Good question. I think that there are many reasons we equate spike heels with feminity. One reason is, possibly, the shape of the shoe/boot that sports a 5" spike. It's something like an artists pedistal, holding up a woman/CD and manipulating the frame to become more curvy and sexy. Another possible idea is that the spike heel is equated with a dominant nature, I mean it takes a brave and hearty soul to attempt to walk any distance in that type of shoe. But mostly I think, it's to heighten the sexual awareness of both male and female when wearing the shoe with the high heel. It forces you to walk, stand and even sit differently because it forces your legs, feet and hips to accomodate the awkwardness of the stance. Also, I think, it's the distinctive sound it makes on a hard floor and when you/I hear it, instantly a vision of a siren or vixen is approaching and ya gotta take a peek. Myself, when enfemme, I wear mostly four and five inch spike heeled boots. It does make more fem feeling as it forces me to become more aware of myself because my male posture has changed to a more female posture. Walking in them is no problem because I do that slight fashion run way walk. I know I got a little long winded but I hope that what I said can be in part agreed with?+? Ladies???:rolleyes: Love all! XXX:thumbsup:

Jan
01-07-2006, 03:23 AM
High heels, together with suspenders and stockings are purely female. I love wearing all three together with a short skirt. It brings out all the feminine fantasies we all love. Flat shoes can be worn by anyone.

Wendy me
01-07-2006, 02:34 PM
most of my heels are 3 to 4 inch heels and i love them never realy wanted anything higher but i do love the look and feel of being in heels ...it just seams to put everything right were it belongs....

Fallen Angel
01-07-2006, 03:07 PM
I think wearing a taller heel changes your body distabution makes you walk more feminin and are just plain fun to wear most of my heels are 5-6 " i love em i dance in them walk and run in em just remember practice practice practice xxxxxxx

Deborah
01-07-2006, 03:30 PM
Goodness you can walk in those? The highest heels i have are 3"
I prefer flats or sandals though since i'm tall anyway. I don't need any help.

Audrey34
01-07-2006, 04:12 PM
I love my 3" heels! It took a LOOONG time to finally find dress pumps that I felt comfortable walking in. I had heard about a place called Maya Shoes (www.mayashoes.com) that specialized in large sizes. I wear a size 13. The best I could do up to that point was tough it out wearing size 12's. Needless to say my feet were pretty beat up at the end of the night. So I finally ordered some 13's and now I can walk all over my apartment without any discomfort. And the other benefit to having shoes that fit well is they make me feel so much more feminine.
-Audrey

Alison Michelle
01-07-2006, 04:59 PM
Boy do I wish it would stop rainning!!!!! :(

Move to NorCal It's not raining here, Oh wait it has been raining for a week and just stopped yesterday. Hey what's that shinny thing in the sky, IT'S THE SuN, quick take a picture! Damm, it's raining again here.:( :(

I can walk fine in up to 4.5 inchers with my size nine feet. I would figure it would be easier the larger your feet are.

Oh yea, MelanieBunny you had a question, guess we got off topic again. Gab, gab, gab. I have felt more feminine in heels but lately I feel that way mor with less and less dressing.

LeannL
01-07-2006, 08:31 PM
I prefer 3 to 3 1/2 inch heels. I have a pair of platform boots (lace up the front) with 5 inch heels but I don't get too many occasions to wear them.;)

As far as the weather is concerned, those of us in western MI, have not seen the sun for 15 days (tying the record) and have had at least a trace of rain or snow for each of the last 46 days (breaks the old record of 35 days)!

wo-MAN
01-07-2006, 10:19 PM
I prefer any thing that is not flat. I know most women hate hels, but I just can't get enough of them.:thumbsup:

ChristineRenee
01-07-2006, 10:27 PM
3 to 3 1/2 inch heels with ankle straps is my preference. I really don't feel comfortable wearing or walking in extremely high heeled shoes.

Laurie Ann
01-07-2006, 10:35 PM
I love my heels 3-4" I don't think I could walk in anything higher. The interestering thing is I have two blown out knees and they need to be replaced eventually but they hurt less after wearing heels than they do wearing my dress shoes for work weird huh

benaman
01-08-2006, 07:02 AM
I love the look of the high heels but like you can go only so far, they look great but if shorter works better, go for it! Nancy-Benaman:GE:

Ms. Laura
01-08-2006, 09:05 AM
I need a minimum 3" heel to get "that feeling." There is just something about that sound and feel that comes with high heels that make it a necessity. We've had over a century of brainwashing that high heels = femininity so it's only natural. Also, a higher heel makes your legs look sexier and your feet smaller. My wife has a tall friend who always wears heels because the angle makes your feet look smaller. 5" heels are hot and I have 1 pair but you can't wear them long. I just got some 3" boots and I can wear them all day and love it!

Anne Charlotte
01-08-2006, 09:14 AM
4.5 inch minimum for me.

Got into dressing as a result of my passion for heels......you get the shoes, then have to have the dress to show them off, then the wig, then the make-up, then more shoes, then the dress, then the .............you get the picture.

I now have over a dozen pairs of shoes of various height heels, but those around 4 - 4.5 inches are the most comfortable.:cheeky:

cheryl1035
01-08-2006, 07:32 PM
I wear 3-4 inch heels. I have never tryed above these but I am sure I would love them.