PDA

View Full Version : A step into the daylight

Heather W
01-16-2014, 08:00 AM
I have the week off as I have some vacation time to burn from last year and have spent just about the entire week dressed but inside my condo except for a quick trip out to get some gas Tuesday evening. It was late and dark and using the pay at the pump I really wasn't out in the public eye except for those driving by. I do have to admit I loved the feel of the wind on my tight covered legs as I stood there filling up. :)

Well this morning I had a taste for my favorite latte so I put on my denim mini skirt, some black tights, my black knee high boots and a red turtleneck sweater. I added some bracelets and earrings, thank God I pierced my ears back in college. after checking my make-up and wig I grabbed my purse, put on my black leather jacket and off I went to my usual Starbucks. I was not sure I was totally ready so I went through the drive thru and ordered using my best feminine voice I have been practicing.

As I pulled up to the window I saw the girl working it was the same one that has seen me there 100's of times but always in male mode. It was obvious she recognized or perhaps my car, it does stand out in it's bright lime green color, because she gave me a really big smile, bigger than usual. I paid her and she handed me my latte. I was about t put the window up when she said "You have a fun day and come back soon." Quite the change from her usual mundane "Have a nice day." I smiled back at her and said I was planning on it and drove off.

Like I said am not sure if she recognized me or my car but I am sure she knew it was me. My knees were shaking as I pulled out but as I thought about it more, I was actually excited about all of it. I know this is a baby step compared to what many of you do on a regular basis but to me it was a giant leap for womanhood! :D

Katey888
01-16-2014, 08:17 AM
Heather - what a great experience and thank you for sharing it.
It seems more and more that if anyone is presenting a friendly and pleasant personality it really doesn't matter what gender they are (even if they flip between presented genders from day to day :)) but other people respond to that positively.
That's a super time for you Heather - all it's missing is some photos for us so we can share a little bit more of the experience... :thumbup:
Katey x

Jamie Lynn
01-16-2014, 09:02 AM
Congratulations, Heather! That had to be quite exhilarating!.............. also waiting for pictures!!!:jumping:

Miss Trudy
01-16-2014, 09:04 AM
:^5: Great experience Heather. Those first steps into the daylight are scary but fun, I still remember them well from oh so long ago. Now remember your success and how wonderful it made you feel and go out some more.

rachael.davis
01-16-2014, 09:08 AM
The "random acts of Kindness" are the really special ones for me.

stacycoral
01-16-2014, 09:34 AM
Congrats Heather, it a good reason your knees were shaking, it is a big step and sound like a great one to me, once out in the daylight,, you will always what out, but that ok, from your story you are really alive now, congrats girl,thanks for tells us about your wonderful day. Hugs.

Jorja
01-16-2014, 10:12 AM
Congratulations, Heather! It may be small baby steps but that is what it takes to become used to go out on adventures during the daylight hours. Today the drive thru window, tomorrow the mall!

Chickhe
01-16-2014, 10:48 AM
Fun fun fun.. She may not have recognised you, ...woman tend to smile a lot more at other woman, but also...it doesn't really matter as long as she didn't spill your food.

Beverley Sims
01-16-2014, 12:01 PM
Moments like that are to cherish, especially if you can follow them up. :)

Madeline80
01-16-2014, 12:43 PM
Heather, that is a great story and it was an excellent idea for a trip outside (hmmm, maybe I will go to Starbucks today...). Ironic, you could have gone inside and maybe not have been recognized, but your lime green car outed you!