PDA

View Full Version : Changing my name........

Ashlynn Marie
01-16-2014, 11:18 AM
I am thinking of changing my name on this site to something other than Ashlynn.
I like this name, but of late had thought of some others I like.
I think it's time for a change since Ashlynn has evolved into something new.

I need your vote and what fits my persona. You can feel free to look at my pics and see what you think fits my look.

Names I am thinking of ( not necessarily the exact spellings)

Addison
Skylar
Tyler ( this is a woman's name but hesitant to stay away from this one)
Brandi
Kendra
Morgan

I prefer Addison or Skylar. What do you think
I would love to do this soon.

Ashlynn

Beverley Sims
01-16-2014, 11:56 AM
You are getting too pedantic.
Put the 26 letters of the alphabet in a hat five times over.
Draw them out one at a time and choose a comprehensible name from them.
Alternatively get the letters from a Scrabble set and do the same with them.
Otherwise use a random name generator off the net and choose the 125th one that comes up.

By the way what is wrong with "Ashlynn"? :)

I do not like any of the names you have proposed anyway.

Karen kc
01-16-2014, 12:27 PM
Ashlynn is a beautiful name!

mikiSJ
01-16-2014, 01:31 PM
I like Ashlynn the best. Besides, the diminutive form "Ash" works in a lot of ways.

Katey888
01-16-2014, 01:38 PM
Well, The_member_formerly_known_as_Ashlynn,
Bev has been honest as always :eek:, and others like Ashlynn, but I'm afraid I really think you need to choose what you like hearing... :surrender: It may not help, but you seemed to have whittled it down to a couple, and I'm afraid for me... Addison are a large private cab firm in London, so that doesn't fit well.. :) Not much help - sorry...
Katey x

PaulaQ
01-16-2014, 01:46 PM
Another vote for Ashlynn. If not that, Skylar - it's unique.

Janine cd
01-16-2014, 01:48 PM
Ashlynn sounds very nice to me.

Rachael Leigh
01-16-2014, 01:50 PM
Always liked the name Skylar, but you are the only one who can really decide.
Back in the day I did use Heather as my fem name but my new one is just a Fem version of my middle name and it makes me feel connected to me as a whole.

Erica Marie
01-16-2014, 02:08 PM
My advice. Skip the cute names, they are always temporary. Pick a name that suits you. Something maybe relating to your birth name. Or ask you mom what name she would have given you if you were born a girl.

Lorileah
01-16-2014, 03:33 PM
Choosing a name by vote? This is "you" we are talking about. Choose the name that suits you and go with it

Zylia
01-16-2014, 03:46 PM
Well, it's not like people normally get to pick their own names.

About 99% of american women have 'Lynn' as their first or middle name (don't quote me on that one), so I can imagine wanting to move away from that. It's very hard to keep track of all those Lynns and Maries on this board. I checked a picture thread of yours and I think you're a Skylar :D

Lorileah
01-16-2014, 04:15 PM
About 99% of american women have 'Lynn' as their first or middle name (don't quote me on that one),

that's OK 87% of statistics are made up

Deedee Skyblue
01-16-2014, 05:59 PM
You are getting too pedantic. Put the 26 letters of the alphabet in a hat five times over.

Or try the 'Yet another Fantasy Name Generator' (http://dicelog.com/yafnagen)

Lorileah said: "that's OK 87% of statistics are made up". The rest are wrong!

Deedee

darla_g
01-16-2014, 06:01 PM
I kind of like Ashlynn too! Its whatever you feel yourself really. I always thought Brandi sounded like a stripper's name (no offense to anyone here with the name Brandi btw.)

Kristy 56
01-16-2014, 06:24 PM
I kind of like Ashlynn . Why did you originally choose it? I think Skylar is just very trendy right now because of breaking bad.

sandra-leigh
01-16-2014, 07:30 PM
"Morgan" tends to get used a lot by FTM.

Helen Grandeis
01-16-2014, 07:44 PM
I like Addison also! I constructed a last name that sounded nice to be but wouldn't be likely to have a real holder. Google the combination you come up with.

Ashlynn Marie
01-16-2014, 08:17 PM
Trying to find something of my age too.
Don't want to pick something that is popular now and clearly for not someone my age.

Addison is sounding more like it or Kendra

Maybe Addyson or Addyssin.

Ashlynn

julia ann
01-16-2014, 11:43 PM
Hi Ashlyn, which is a lovely name, you may find a name that you feel will fits you better, but I will tell you from my own history I have changed my name from Julia Ann to simply Jill. I like it better for me and I am Jill on other sites , however when I questioned the moderators about changing my name here I was told I could not change it. Now that may have changed since then I am not sure. And I think I could probably open a new membership under a different E-mail and my new name but that's a lot of work. So I do wish you luck! luv jill

Jorja
01-16-2014, 11:52 PM
Ashlynn is a beautiful name. However, I was always partial to Oscar Meyer. ;)

ShelbyDawn
01-17-2014, 12:23 AM
I agree with Lorileah. This is YOUR name and should reflect how you see yourself.

I had to change my name a while back and found it was really very difficult because the original name I had chosen was, and still is, how I identify the part of myself that CD expresses.
What I ultimately had to do was meditate and listen to my heart. I picked Shelby Dawn because it reminds me of the only girl I ever dated(and should have married) that would have understood and accepted all of me.

Good luck Ash...

:hugs:

Shelby

Aprilrain
01-17-2014, 05:55 AM
The only person I've ever met named Addison was a guy.

Adriana Moretti
01-17-2014, 06:01 AM
do what you feel....and do what makes you happy......

BOBBI G.
01-17-2014, 06:07 AM
Choosing a name should be a personal choice. I am TG and use a derivation of my "male" name. It is derived from the name I was called as a kid, all I did was change a "Y" for the "I". And when it is legally changed through the courts system, My first name will be Erica. This is in memory of my daughter, and it is a female form of my male middle name. Bobbi will be the name I will go by, but my signature will be E. Bobbi Gruetter. All have great meaning for me.

That being said, If you are unhappy with Ashlynn, for what ever reason, give it some real thought. Otherwise the scrabble blocks in a hat will work just as well. Just don't use public opinion as the source. This is my reason for not entering my choices in this lottery

So much for my soap box

Bobbi

Beverley Sims
01-17-2014, 12:18 PM
I think it is going to remain Ashlyn, it is a unique name, feminine and was your first choice some time ago.
People remember you as Ashlyn, shy and demure. :)

Not some crackpot name like Addison or Skylar.
I agree they are trendy.... For now!

Michelle789
01-17-2014, 01:03 PM
About 99% of american women have 'Lynn' as their first or middle name (don't quote me on that one)

Sorry, that's just not true. Of all the women I've known over the years, between family, friends, co-workers, school, neighbors, and other places, I can honestly say I've only known 2 with the first name Lynn, and 4 with a middle name of Lynn. The rest do not have a first nor middle name of Lynn.

I don't buy statistics, they are often made up, or flawed.

What name do you really want? It's your life, and you should pick a name that makes you happy. I personally think Ashlynn is a pretty name and you should keep it. But it's your choice.

Zylia
01-17-2014, 01:48 PM
Oh really? :D

Here is an interesting quote:

Hyperbole is the use of exaggeration as a rhetorical device or figure of speech. It may be used to evoke strong feelings or to create a strong impression, but is not meant to be taken literally.