PDA

View Full Version : remembering when you where small

erica12b
01-16-2014, 03:54 PM
i was RE READING( DREWS BRAKEDOWN ) and it get’s me thinking about entering school and when I knew I felt different than others, the sub story about a boy lining up on the wrong side and living with the consequences , doing everything we can to fit in not draw attention to our selves and try and fit in , when my parents tell me about when I was small I see things that they never did (will not) when I was very small my imaginary friend was a girl, , I do remember when I was small being very upset I had to wear something stupid but the girls had and could wear really nice dresses, my parents where very very up tight about appearances, they where very controlling and there was never talk about anything they did not approve of this was back in the 70 and 80’s,

What do you rember about when you where young and how you dealt with it and your parents dealt with it, and you?

Allison Quinn
01-16-2014, 03:59 PM
I remember people in general just saying that I acted different. I was gentle, caring, (people always point those out :P) I wanted to hold animals and kiss them opposed to running out in the yard with my dog. haha I have a picture of myself nuzzling a duckling when I was really little, same with my cats and my dog that I had growing up. I didn't really act like a boy. People thought it was odd that I didn't want to go jump around in the mud, and that I would rather spend my time role playing with figures and dolls than crashing apir planes and wrestling :P I did not like to be dirty and I had to be clean. I would dream that I was a girl, and when I thought about getting older and developing I never once thought about getting big and muscular and all that stereotypical guy stuff. I thought about how I would grow breasts and have longer hair, shape out etc. I never once thought it was strange either that I have male parts I just assumed it would work out because I was naive at the time :)

I also remember getting referred to as her online quite often and never wanting to correct people because it made me feel correct inside when I was little.

erica12b
01-16-2014, 07:47 PM
I never put it all together, in my 20s i thought it was just a faze then i thought it was just me being on my oun, at 30 i got married she did not know and at 40 i got divorced, was not tell i was here and really looked at my self that all the little parts fell in to place , im in the middle on the m2f two sides one me

Some times reading stories helps me sort out and understand concepts and feelings i knew i had but did not understand . Youknow ?

Morgan Matthews
01-16-2014, 10:13 PM
i remember going to an Auto Show when I was a kid. Probably, around 10 or so. My family was walking past a model. She was wearing a nice dress and the high heels and pantyhose really caught my attention. As we passed each other, I had to keep looking back to see more. After about the 3rd or 4th time, my Mom yelled out my name and said "hey, stop looking". If only she knew what was running through my head. I was thinking I wanted to wear those pantyhose and heels! :)

Beverley Sims
01-18-2014, 12:05 PM
I just played with the girls and enjoyed it.
I was the only boy 10 years old at a pajama party years ago.
I was given a pair by the neighbor's daughter so I could attend.

erica12b
01-18-2014, 02:29 PM
i dont remember but have been told , i was only boy all my parents friends had girls ,up tell about 6 and school started

Lygophilia
01-18-2014, 08:16 PM
My mother had a closeted likeness toward more feminine males, to a degree. I was always more to the middle of the two spectrums. Considering how I was raised, I was a little surprised that she gave me her pick polyester shorts to wear, claiming that it's gender neutral, yet the information on the back said otherwise. That was in my early teens, where I would wear them sometimes when I walked to the store and did yard work with them. Anyone who had seen me wearing them didn't have sore expressions and could have judged me silently.

However, having arched eyebrows and anorexic symptoms from losing severe weight drew the line with my family, so being called poor and questioned to be homosexual was their habit. That would extend to the school from certain males, plus having a babyish face and hazel eyes was considered very unmanly in their eyes. Specific females informed me about it, because I wanted to know the reason that I was hated for and gotten into many fights from the result. It was petty back then.

JamieTG
01-18-2014, 09:55 PM
When I was growing up in the 50's and 60's I was terrified of anybody finding out, even my parents. I was really drawn to the pretty dresses girls in my grade school were wearing. I had a lot of guilt feelings and kept wondering if I was the only one like this.

Tracii G
01-19-2014, 12:34 AM
I remember my Dad saying don't you have any boys to play with a few times.

Valarie
01-19-2014, 12:57 PM
Well I am a 90s kid so when I entered Kindergarten and all the boys played Power Rangers they would not let me be and of the boy Rangers (Red, Blue, Black, and the super awesome Green) but when I volunteered to be the Pink or Yellow Ranger which I thought were so beautiful they would not let me because, "those were the girl ones." So when the girls played house they would make me the dad or brother, but when I told them that I wanted to be the mom or sister they said "No!" So it was always very confusing, The boys wouldn't let me do boy things, or girl things and girls wouldn't let me do girl things and told me I had to be the boy. At home my mom would constantly tell my brothers and I not to be little sissy's because we would be men one day. But I used to think, "when will I get to be a girl?"

erica12b
01-25-2014, 10:26 PM
What is the big sign that you see now, from when you where a kid, that no one saw then.

KaceyR
01-25-2014, 11:54 PM
I just remember more about grade school and recesses....
While half of the lot was the guys doing some sports or another, I was smaller and actually played more with the girls.
(playing on the various swings,etc-sometimes just sitting around... doing some imagination stuff 'playing house',etc.
I always was more imaginative, empathic and caring... Unless something was done outside of what I saw I never
saw parents question or be called in for me not 'playing with the boys'.
Playing with the girls was rough.. heh.. can't remember exactly what we were doing (some tag or somesuch)
but one gal swung around and clipped my face-and sliced my eye open with her fingernails. Forget how long I
got off from school for that :)
Also remember a couple times inside classes (indoor recess due to weather) the girls were doing some "fortune"
telling stuff I ended up in the middle of..
Outside of school there were a few girls I played with occasionally around the neighborhood. (especially around
grade school times) Don't remember much specifics but remember a few times going at their places.

I always had smaller hands and sizing so sports and me never really got along. (40 years later I still have to wear
women's "small" gloves :)) Heck even thru high school...same thing.
Couldn't really grab and hold a football,etc so that was out. I was a faster sprinter however.
And while I played little league softball...that was kind of a mess as I couldn't get good
throws on that sized ball and my mitt was undersized really for it.
Never figured out why small kids had to use oversized sports balls they couldn't hold onto...
6th grade was present for basketball... but was just a benchwarmer. (no good control due to
small hands and size.. I think I was only put on team due to coach being neighbor.
But all I got was ticked off more as due to not being allowed to practice, and due to small size
a time I did I had one person on our own practice team literally lift me up
and toss me around and the coach let that happen. That certainly doesn't help either person's BB
skills and wrestling moves I think would be called "fouls"... :(
Was sure glad when that was over. That was the last school team "sport" attempt I ever did.
I'm not exactly certain why I went for those either... I didn't remember parents "pushing" me to sports..
although the LL softball was actually about the only thing my stepdad did with me (he was stubborn and
lazy). He ended up the coach.

After all of that the main sport done in life was bowling...that I got good at :)
Never a 300 though...297 was the best.