PDA

View Full Version : Having the urge to shout from the mountain top and no longer stay hidden

Billiejosehine
01-16-2014, 07:09 PM
It seems that my whole I stayed hidden from the world about my CDing and for it to be a way for me cope with the fact that I really wanted be a women. I feel that I'm becoming more accepting of that part of myself, even though it leaves me emotionally torn and struggling with other things in my life. With this acceptance I've gone from keeping this a secret to having the urge to shout from the mountain top about my feelings, desires, and what I do. Like my coworker friends that I mentioned in a previous post. But from what others replied, I'm going to hold off till it's necessary to tell work. I also know that with outing myself, I run the risk of loosing people. But I was wondering if anybody else that has stayed hidden their whole life, come to acceptance and then have this need or urge to tell everyone they know or run into about this new revelation?

Helen Grandeis
01-16-2014, 07:46 PM
It's important to have a real flesh and blood person to talk to. I have my mental health professional and a GG who is like an adopted daughter.

Kate Simmons
01-16-2014, 07:56 PM
It's your own choice to tell others. Just remember that it's pretty much a "given" that not too many will go out of their way to support you being yourself. That is more or less up to you. :)

Alice Torn
01-16-2014, 08:56 PM
For a number of years, I kept it secret. but told a few people who knew me a long time, and they sort of tolerated what i said. Since then, all but a few have been very opposed to me dressing, and all the single women i have told , were not pleased.

Aprilrain
01-17-2014, 06:21 AM
To answer your question, yes I had an incredible urge to tell people and also to be seen as me, as April. But I tempered it and after a while it no longer mattered to me. I came out to people from my past who I didn't really have a relationship with any more and still don't, did I really need for them to know? I mean, I don't care who knows, this is me but if I bumped into them on the street they wouldn't even recognize me today and I probably wouldn't bother saying hi. I think it's quite common when one starts down the road to transition to want to shout it from the roof tops but I would be careful at this stage. You could change your mind or decide you'd rather be as stealth as possible and just disappear.

Adriana Moretti
01-17-2014, 06:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADS-Y6P2yCY ............drag queen approved ....

Beverley Sims
01-17-2014, 07:34 AM
I only do silly things when I am in the woods alone, with the lions, tigers and bears. :)

kimdl93
01-17-2014, 08:16 AM
It's seldom....pretty much never...a good idea to act on impulse.

Joanne f
01-17-2014, 08:38 AM
Through a chain of certain events I ended up very much shouting it from the mountain top and I ended up very much regretting it , I was totally unprepared for the negative reaction that not just I got but my whole family got, yes I got a few that supported me but not many , it has taken me a very long time to get over that , now I am at a stage where I do not care who knows and I am quite happy to tell them that in my opinion I am a TG if it helps them to understand me but as for shouting it for the mountain top just be careful as you can attract unwanted attention to yourself and your family if you have any , other than that I will say do what you think is right for you as you cannot always get what you want from life by playing it safe