PDA

View Full Version : Double Whammy UPDATE

Megan b
01-16-2014, 08:49 PM
Yesterday after noon/evening I decided I'd run to Cato, wanted to look at some shoes they had on mark down. It was getting close to 5 o'clock when I left home. When I came to the end of my road, I thought to myself, it's about time for my brother to get off work, oh well I rolled the dice, I probably want meet him on the road anyway. Well guess what? He left early. I was en femme and he did not know about this side of me. We met on a two lane road in the county and he waved as we passed. Wonder what thought went through his mind? My sister and other friends say I do a good job at passing/ female appearance. So maybe he just thought he met a woman driving a similar truck but I could see inside his truck, so that means he could see inside mine. Well I just kinda laughed and thought it will be okay, not the end of the world.
So I processed to town. Got almost to the store, I was making a left turn when who do I see making a right turn? My Mom and Dad, I was not expecting to see them, because normally they'd be getting ready for Wednesday night church at that time. My Mom knows about this side of me but has not seen Megan, until that moment. Well you can't put that cat back in the bag. I went on to the store, didn't buy anything. Still enjoyed getting out but I would have preferred my Dad not know. Called them today just to talk and check on them, not a word was mentioned about that woman driving my truck. So maybe they thought it was someone else or maybe they figured just don't ask, I don't know, I did tell my sister about all of this, she does not want me to confirm this to my Dad but he's not dumb. So I guess we'll see how Saturday breakfast goes. Because that's the next time that my brother, me, and my son will be together at our parents. Thanks for reading. Megan

mykell
01-16-2014, 09:01 PM
if your living in a small town will it be hard to explain the two sightings,
sure seems like their is going to be some interesting conversation Saturday morning,
better bring a whammy bar to protect your"self"....

Hell on Heels
01-16-2014, 09:02 PM
Life is stranger than fiction. What are the odds.
Much Love,
Kristyn

Tracii G
01-16-2014, 09:18 PM
Let us know how it goes please I want to hear all about it.

JamieQ
01-16-2014, 09:41 PM
More than likely they saw a woman driving a truck that looked the same as yours...

Persephone
01-16-2014, 11:02 PM
It sounds like you handled both events with courage and style and even went on to run your errrand!

I tend to bet that unless you have a really recognizable truck they didn't notice you. when they do see you normally in such situations do they usually wave? If they didn't this time then they probably didn't know it was you.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Adriana Moretti
01-16-2014, 11:25 PM
im curious too to find out how that breakfast goes

Jorja
01-16-2014, 11:59 PM
So if they say anything, just say, get used to it you will see a lot more of it from now on.

Diane Smith
01-17-2014, 12:14 AM
I think Megan needs a truck of her own. :)

- Diane

Beverley Sims
01-17-2014, 12:42 AM
Surprise, surprise, can be awkward at best.

Chickhe
01-17-2014, 12:54 AM
You are probably okay. Most people we are close to don't notice anything...they see one thing they know and automatically ignore the rest. Your brother driving the other way was not fixated on how you look, he was watching the pebbles bounce up on the road and your parents were thinking about what they needed to buy for Sunday dinner... if I were you, I would not admit anything, just ask them questions about what they think they saw and tell them they have a great sense of humor.

Marcelle
01-17-2014, 05:39 AM
Hi Megan,

I tend to agree with others that unless you have a very unique truck your brother probably only processed girl in a truck. I think if you recognized you, you would have seen the "Huh . . . WT@" look on his face. With your mom and dad, same thing . . . your mom may have noticed as she knows but your dad, once again unless you have a unique truck, it is likely he was too busy concentrating on driving than to be trying to process each person who drives by. Still, very interested to know how things go at breakfast.

Hugs

Isha

Robbin_Sinclair
01-17-2014, 08:27 AM
It just shows how different all people, even us dressers, are.

Once the cat is out of the bag, it has to feel good. My cat is still clawing its way out but that bag is pretty tightly wrapped.

The more I think about it, the more I realize it.

It's time to go outside in my leggings and dude clothes with the is it a boy or a girl top and meditate on the nature trail.

:hugs: Namaste.

Katey888
01-17-2014, 08:37 AM
Megan - I agree with the others who suggest you've probably not been spotted.... But if you don't mind me asking, is this some subliminal way your inner self is trying to force a disclosure to your world? Regardless of whether these are unfortunate coincidences, this feels to me like you're happy for a reason to be more open with your family? I'm not saying this is wrong or right, but you certainly don't seem perturbed by the potential that you have 'accidentally' outed yourself - maybe your inner you is telling you it is time to open up fully?
In any case - I wish you well for breakfast - bacon, egg and black pudding for me :D
Katey x

5150 Girl
01-17-2014, 11:42 AM
Yea, disclosure is good.
Or you can use the old "it was for a prank/joke" defence

Megan b
01-17-2014, 01:07 PM
Hey Ladies, thank for all the commits, I have enjoyed reading them. I kept this side of me hidden for over 30 years. I've just really started to get out in the last year and a half. I don't usually go out so close to home but even when I go 50 miles away, I still have drive the same roads everyone else does. They probably did recognize my truck. It's got a view little marks on it from a deer, nothing to bad. I'm not to worried. They may say something or they may not. I'll play it by ear. But I don't like to lie and I'm not good at it. That doesn't mean I just going shout it from the roof top. If it doesn't come up I'll just let in go. I'll let you know how breakfast goes.

Megan b
01-18-2014, 10:53 PM
My son and I went to my parents for breakfast. When we got there, we started with the usual small talk but soon my brother was asking, did I meet you on the river levy Wednesday? I said, I think so and he replied, well I waved at you but you didn't wave back. My son just happened to speak up and turned the conversation in a little different direction, so not much was said. But he clearly noticed I did not wave, so I would think he also noticed me en femme. Nothing else was said but if it comes up with my brother, I'll just let him know as easy as possible. I guess no harm, no foul. Also my parents did not say anything but I think, we all know. They may think just leave well enough alone. Could have been a lot worse, so I'm thankful. Megan

Adriana Moretti
01-18-2014, 11:23 PM
megan.....sounds like you are in the clear......no worries....thanks for the update...that was a great story

kimdl93
01-18-2014, 11:50 PM
Who knows what he saw. Why not take the initiative and tell hike. This will go better if you're open and unembarrassed.

franlee
01-19-2014, 04:21 AM
Most people arre not as observent as we imagine them to be. Mostly because we are in somewhat of a hightened state of conscieness and we just assume everybodyelse is too. But in reality most people skim the vehicle and except that it is you, or not but very semldom really check the driver out for much if any datails. I have passed many relitives and close friends on the road over the years and just threw up my hand and that was it. Just kept going without any trouble. The biggest thing is just proceed as normal and Do Not look back.

mykell
01-19-2014, 08:40 AM
glad it had a pretty favorable "out"come,

BLUE ORCHID
01-19-2014, 08:51 AM
Hi Megan, One thing for sure , You can't un-ring a bell.

You need to get tinted windows in your truck.

Beverley Sims
01-19-2014, 11:30 AM
Just go with the flow and tread softly around the little puddles that are forming. :)

Angie G
01-19-2014, 11:58 AM
Looks like your between Merphey law and s^*# happens hun.:hugs:
Angie

Karmen
01-19-2014, 12:26 PM
Even if they noticed you were dressed, it's not necessary they would ever mention that to you. Sometimes people just don't want to talk about "tabu subjects" and just pretend they don't know anything. Parents particulary like to pretend they don't know about certain things, because that way things will stay "hidden". Maybe they even think if you wouldn't have to hide from them anymore that you're a CD, you would dress in female clothes all the time when they are present and that could be awkward for them.