PDA

View Full Version : Does"Pink Fog" play with your emotions?

Hell on Heels
01-16-2014, 09:11 PM
I'm looking for answers . When the pink fog rolls back in after being absent for a while , do you notice any change to your emotions? I personally found this time that I've become much more sensitive to others feelings, I get emotional if somebody is going through a hard time. Is this common? Is this a low T thing? Whats going on ?
Much Love,
Kristyn

_Cecilie_
01-16-2014, 09:54 PM
My emotions change for sure :)

erica12b
01-16-2014, 10:07 PM
Yes. I put a monthy calender for girls on my phone so I could better control .my moods if ifs close to that time I need to be more balanced . Stupid but it works most of the time .

Madilyn A.
01-16-2014, 11:01 PM
Kristyn, I always feel as though my nesting instincts kick in when the fog engulfs me. My male side seems to be blinded to what my fem side sees clearly. Low T must be at play !

wilt575
01-17-2014, 01:48 AM
I dont know if its pink fog, but it usually hits me about for four to six days every month or so I feel stronger than usual desires to dress more and become more emotional, irrtable and moody

Marcelle
01-17-2014, 05:33 AM
Hi Kristyn,

Interesting question. Not sure about the low "T" thing but my question to you would be "Are you naturally inclined to worry about those around you" whether you are boy or girl? If so, you are most likely a empathetic person (a nice way to be BTW) and when you express your "femme" side you may be raising the dial on your "empathy" volume.

Hugs

Isha

laciewhite
01-17-2014, 05:52 AM
yes indeed! i do feel more emotional and empathic towards other people when the fog is heavy. i assume its the caring feminine side reaching out...someone should do the research!

Beverley Sims
01-17-2014, 07:36 AM
No not really, I just don't like the color. :)

Kate Simmons
01-17-2014, 07:53 AM
When we get in touch with and take ownership of our feelings, we tend to become empathic.:battingeyelashes::)

kimdl93
01-17-2014, 08:11 AM
Mmmm, I view the pink fog notion as a way of describing what can be an irrational exuberance brought on by dressing, particularly after a lengthy hiatus. Impaired judgement is common, but empathy probably not.

Elevated sensitivity to the needs or concerns others is almost the opposite of what I'd expect. The problem with pink fog is in becoming self absorbed.

mykell
01-17-2014, 09:23 AM
still not aware of what exactly the "pink fog" consists of.
i have found that im consistently a particularly compassionate person, before accepting who i am and since becoming a member of the forum,
its always hard to watch someone go through a hardship and more so if you have some kind of personal attachment,
since joining and sharing here and receiving some heart felt support and offering the same, it has become personal for me and I believe it increases that emotional connection here.
probably very common to us as a family, low "T" not so much as that would probably affect many more aspects of emotion in your daily life.
so your just a good person, not such a bad thing....

MarisaRose.
01-17-2014, 09:41 AM
When the fog does appear, it makes me more aware of the emotional aspects of myself ( compassion, empathy, acceptance) that the male side might normally disregard. As a result, it has improved me emotionally overall, I've become more aware and compassionate toward others as well as myself. I can be the person, I'm meant to be, live, love, dress!!! It's a good thing!!!

Katey888
01-17-2014, 09:42 AM
Kristyn - I had to google low T... :doh: dopey me...
I'm not sure about the fog - I think I have minor peaks and troughs of desire - but that's no more than just preferring wine over beer, for me...
I do think I've become more sensitive as I've got older - some of that is what changes in life, kids growing up, losing parents, impending mortality... brings home the important things in life: health and happiness. Perhaps your experiencing that growth in empathy - but feeling for others is not a bad thing at all. Go with the flow but keep some tissues handy for those emotional moments :)
Katey x

Gillian Gigs
01-17-2014, 10:56 AM
When we get in touch with and take ownership of our feelings, we tend to become empathic.:battingeyelashes::)

Whether it is the "fog", or just Cding in general, this whole thing reminds me that nobody is perfect. Therefore while I am in the midst of the fog, or whatever, I am reminded that I need to show more empathy towards others because they are not perfect either. To get empathy, give empathy, to get love, give love, to get understanding, give understanding...etc.

Vanessa5
01-17-2014, 01:50 PM
For me it seems the opposite. My emotions control the "fog". When I feel relaxed and happy my need to dress goes way down. When stressed I just have to dress or shop.