PDA

View Full Version : So, I went to the cleaners on Tuesday....

MissJoanne
01-18-2014, 04:36 PM
I dropped off three outfits: light blue suit, houndstooth jacket and leopard print jacket (both with black skirts). I went back today to pick them up, and as they came round on the rack, I remarked "That looks like them". The lady said, smiling "I thought that, the leopard print looks like your colour". I smiled back and said "Well, you never know". I know what I'll be wearing next time I go there.....

S. Lisa Smith
01-18-2014, 05:00 PM
Cool!!! I hope when you show up she loves it!!!

Fortuneta
01-18-2014, 05:07 PM
Nice story...bet you will look nice in them.

MissJoanne
01-18-2014, 05:12 PM
Actually, I just had a thought....I always put my outfits back on their own hangers and take their wire ones back. I can go there on Monday morning! This will be fun.....

MissTee
01-18-2014, 11:54 PM
We (wife and I) have been using the same family cleaners for about a dozen years now. I'm all the time taking her stuff and mine in, and it allows me to take Misty's stuff without raising concern. On rare occasion the owner(s) will joke about how that green dress really brings out my eyes, or which skirt do I wear with that blouse, etc. I'll joke back and we all have a good laugh. If only they knew . . .

Tracii G
01-19-2014, 12:31 AM
I did that at a consignment shop bought a cute outfit and the check out girl said I really like that outfit but you sure it will fit?
I said I hope so,she laughed and said I'm just kidding. I said do I have to come back in and prove it?
She laughed again and said OMG for real? Yes please do. So I did a few days later.
Hope you have some fun with it.

Beverley Sims
01-19-2014, 11:40 AM
I am very cagey and often avoid remarks like that unless I can see an opportunity arising. :)