PDA

View Full Version : Taming your inner peacock

michelleddg
01-18-2014, 05:15 PM
I've always been a bit of a peacock. My tastes are girly girl - slinky dresses, ultra sheer stockings, high heels, cleavage, big hair, false eyelashes, pretty nails, bling, the whole nine yards. When I go out I have to tone it down to blend i.e., tame my inner peacock. There's always that temptation to overcome to wear opera attire to the grocery store.

So, how about you? Big inner peacock? Any difficulty keeping it under control? Any tips for us?

Hugs, Michelle

Raychel
01-18-2014, 05:24 PM
Big problem for me, blending in is not really something I am prepared for.
But really the only times I go out I am in the car and no one see's me.
So Opera attire to drop the someone off at work is not that big of a deal.

Katey888
01-18-2014, 05:31 PM
Michelle,
I don't go out but yes, I think I would know that I would have to tone it down - the nature of the beast, I'm afraid, but given that we succumb to this weird thing we do, would that be like... bungee jumping with half the length of elastic? Base jumping from 20ft into an inflatable mattress? Can you do this thing by halves? Do you want to be a grayscale peacock or a full Technicolor bird of bling and flair and sensuality and.. woohoo! :yahoo:

So: Big peacock - yeppers..... ; Difficulty - once released, ditto....; Tips - Nada, nooooo.... :devil:

I guess I've said enough... Perhaps just as well I don't go out - Old Hampshire may not be ready... :D

Katey x

Ginger Jameson
01-18-2014, 08:15 PM
Not really. My man side gets his clothes at walmart and has no desire to be a peacock. If i were going out girled up that's a different story, but so far that's only happened once and i went to a Halloween drag show so I'm guessing nobody even notied or cared. :)

Kate Simmons
01-18-2014, 08:17 PM
Well in my case it's the peahen as she is the one who really "rules the roost". :battingeyelashes::)

kimdl93
01-18-2014, 09:54 PM
Oh, you know me, Michelle...a 6'2" 230lb person trying not to stand out. Not that it works, but I haven't seen too many shocked faces.

VeroS
01-19-2014, 11:03 AM
It's definitely a problem for me. Whenever I go out dressed I always have to rein in my natural inclination towards clothes that are too showy -- the skirt 2 inches too short the heels 2 inches too high. If you can it's good idea to get the opinion of GG before you head out but even then you may not get the truth so if your first instinct is that something is over the top it probably is.

sweetshauna
01-19-2014, 11:15 AM
Oh wow! The girlier the better for me. But then I have nothing too flamboyant. But I do see how taming the peacock would be beneficial.

Marcelle
01-19-2014, 11:33 AM
I think my guy side of fashion tended to transfer over to my "femme side". While I will be the first to admit I love to wear a dress or skirt out when I can they are normally more to blend (what I see GGs wearing). However, I generally tend to coordinate with jeans and other girly fashion items. Like my guy side I have a few "core items" and coordinate out ... so no big peacock wardrobe here. Funny though as the peacock (male) is brightly coloured while the peahen (female) is drab.

Hugs

Isha

Melissa in SE Tn
01-19-2014, 11:42 AM
Michelle... You have been given a gift. Enjoy being a peacock... You need & deserve being the beautiful Michelle. Peace, melissa

Beverley Sims
01-19-2014, 11:44 AM
I would try and tone it down but my girlfriends who were my fashion advisers always encouraged me to go the whole nine yards. :)

Angie G
01-19-2014, 11:44 AM
Some times my inner peacock is very big. I don;t go out so there is only my wife to tell my i'm pushing the envelope.:hugs:
Angie