PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever heard people say about you, "He's a great guy!"

Alice Torn
01-19-2014, 01:25 PM
We dressers relish being told "MA'AM, and being told we look nice in our lady outfits. How do you take, being complimented on your masculine self?

kymberlyjean
01-19-2014, 02:08 PM
I get compliments or positive reinforcement on my male self all the time: great guy, good friend, smart, good at this or that, etc. I like hearing that kind of stuff, who wouldn't? But it's just nice to hear, it doesn't make my day or anything. What I don't get- I never, ever get complimented on my looks or clothes in guy more. I mean nothing, zilch. And I have some nice and pricey male stuff.
When I go out dressed, I almost always get a compliment on something, my clothes, my shoes, my look, etc. That always makes me feel AWESOME. The feelings between the two are not even comparable.

Ginger Jameson
01-19-2014, 02:43 PM
I like it at least as much as I like it when Lady gets a compliment. They are both part of who I am.

I've never gotten a guy-ish compliment while dressed. That might be pretty weird.

Alice B
01-19-2014, 02:46 PM
A compliment in either mode is a compliment and I appreciate them.

Kate Simmons
01-19-2014, 02:52 PM
It's nice to know we are appreciated by others no matter how we are presenting my friend. :battingeyelashes::)

wanagione
01-19-2014, 03:11 PM
I will take a compliment either way, however they are much better when I'm complemented when I am in femme.

natcrys
01-19-2014, 03:25 PM
I'll take a compliment anytime anywhere! :)

Katey888
01-19-2014, 03:28 PM
Well, like Toni Basil put it: "Anyway you want to do it, I'll take it like a man." :D

Curiously I'm a fairly happy and positive soul in either mode, though only my male expression gets commented on, but people are happy to see me because apparently I'm always cheerful and smiling. I can feel a change of my rather breathless and emotional current avatar coming on for something happier...

So, I'll close with the words of Steve Harley (Cockney Rebel) " She made us Happpppy... " :cheer:

Katey x

Valarie
01-19-2014, 05:18 PM
I never really get compliments in my male mode, if I do it is based on my work from co-workers and boss, or from my school work from my professors. So when I get compliments on my appearance en femme from here or my wife, or close friends I love it.

Rogina B
01-19-2014, 05:48 PM
Roger gets complemented for his actions and abilities. Rogina gets complemented for trying to behave like a lady....I have gotten the two worlds as close together as humanly possible,but because I get paid for what I know and do,I just can't do it in a dress..

kimdl93
01-19-2014, 05:59 PM
I take all compliments with just a shade of embarrassment. It's just uncomfortable for me to receive one. Don't know why.

Sheila11
01-19-2014, 06:29 PM
I get the "He's a great guy compliments." We all should at some time. If we don't we ought to take a second look at how we are treating others in this world.
I do not get compliments on guy clothes. How do you compliment jeans and a T-shirt. "Hey way to go, guy. You look like 99% of the guys around you."

I get both personal and attire compliments from SA's I have become acquainted with. These have included both verbal and the hallmark variety. I am not out to anyone close to me so friendships I have made while shopping will have to do. I am in retail and know that over the years you can build relationships with customers that are more than financially motivated. So I count the SA compliments as good.

Beverley Sims
01-20-2014, 12:18 AM
I get compliments usually about assistance or advice I give someone.
I do like to be helpful and yes, I do get a boost from compliments.
It just encourages me. :)

Cheryl T
01-20-2014, 09:36 AM
A compliment is a compliment. I just accept them graciously and keep going. It doesn't phase me either way...but it is a little nicer when I'm dressed.

Jocelyn Quivers
01-20-2014, 09:45 AM
I enjoy them in either mode. Funny thing is I always think to myself " if you only knew about my true side." Especially when flexing or showing off my "manly" build.