PDA

View Full Version : Be careful what we wish for?

Jaymees22
01-20-2014, 02:18 PM
Maybe in the not too distant future (possibly on another planet) it will be accepted as normal to see men dressed in woman's clothes. Would that kill some of the excitement if we could just go about our lives or would we just enjoy it?

CynthiaD
01-20-2014, 02:22 PM
I think it would spoil the fun for some, because it's fun to break taboos.

However, for me it would be a dream come true.

celeste26
01-20-2014, 02:45 PM
Jaymee that is one big maybe.

On The other hand if it ever does become "normal" then they will be called men's clothes, wont they?

Alexis.j
01-20-2014, 02:53 PM
Maby, for some. But, I wish I was a GG...

Karren H
01-20-2014, 03:00 PM
As long as on this other world..... there was still ice hockey... I'd be ok... and chocolate.... and all the spiders would be gone.... I hate friggin spiders!

Fortuneta
01-20-2014, 03:05 PM
How nice that would be. I believe we are getting closer to acceptance thanks to those who dress moderately, look confident but get "seen". Don't see it happening in my lifetime but will be spiritually happy down the road when it is.

Jenniferathome
01-20-2014, 03:41 PM
if it were universally accepted, then there would not BE opposite sex clothing. You know in China, they just call it "food."

Jaylyn
01-20-2014, 03:48 PM
Probably won't be in my lifetime either especially in Texas. If it happens though will the term CD become an obsolete word. Who knows might take the thrill away. Just so in the future we still have hunting and fishing then maybe I'll have something to look forward to.... Lol

Wildaboutheels
01-20-2014, 04:02 PM
"it will be accepted as normal to see men dressed in woman's clothes."

Please define NORMAL.

How about this. "Dress" in whatever manner you wish and TREAT PEOPLE RIGHT. It's really not complicated. And don't skulk about like a criminal.

There are MANY people at this very Forum who have learned this from actually doing it. Or maybe you think ALL of them are lying????????????????????????

ONLY CDers worry about what other folks are wearing. And sure, "Society" does include some clueless folks who always have their clubs and pitchforks in their trunks. They go about their lives just looking for folks wearing the wrong clothes so they can beat them up. There are also Great Whites in the ocean to contend with. Texting drivers we must be wary of. And let's not forget about lightning, avalanches and earthquakes.

Zylia
01-20-2014, 04:08 PM
No offense, but this (reoccurring) question drives me a bit nuts. I think we all have some experience with wearing women's clothes as men (wink wink) and I think we can all agree they're obviously not made for our bodies. It's not going to become normal because it's not comfortable for normal people. Perhaps typical women's styles could cross over into men's fashion in the future, but in that case they're not women's clothes anymore.

We're forgetting one fundamental thing here, you typically don't cross-dress because the clothing you like happens to be women's clothing, you cross-dress because you like to wear women's clothing because it's women's clothing. Unless we all become gender neutral star trek aliens, there's also still the option to emulate or imitate women, even in gender neutral clothing. Your cross-dressing habits typically are very much based on the culture you grew up in, so if a clean shaved head is the norm for women, cross-dressers will follow suit.

JennyLynn
01-20-2014, 04:15 PM
I think it would for me. Something mysterious and exciting by having my little secret. It would be nice though to not have to worry about being beaten up!

StacyCD
01-20-2014, 04:27 PM
At one point pants were "men's clothing." Somewhere a while back, women started wearing "men's pants" and the world did not come to a stop. Now pants are made specifically to more naturally fit a "woman's" body. However, we all come is different sizes and shapes so who's to say that one pair of "women's pants" won't fit a man better than perhaps a pair specifically made for men. Is it really important what tag is on the inside of a pair of jeans? One of the sexiest images I have is a woman wearing a man's button down shirt (and nothing else but a simile). Wear what you want and stop worrying about what other people think. I wear "women's" panties 24/7 and while I like the fact that they are made for women, unless you look at the tag, you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference for ones made for men. Life is way too short to worry about what unimportant people think.

Caden Lane
01-20-2014, 04:58 PM
Like my GF told me when I told her about my dressing: its just clothing.

Clothing is nothing more than our daily costume of how we like or prefer to be perceived. It doesn't define us. We do that in our actions and character. All the rest is window dressing. I just want to be a prettier window.

MsVal
01-20-2014, 05:07 PM
For those that enjoy the excitement of pushing societal boundaries, normalization of crossdressing would drive them into some other currently taboo activity. For those that care not about the excitement, but enjoy the texture, fit, tactile experience, color, etc. of women's clothes, it would be a great relief, and the beginning of commonly available clothing that caters to the men's body form.

Stephanie Julianna
01-20-2014, 05:08 PM
I don't care what anyone thinks. If I had the choice to wear whatever I wanted to reflect the way I felt that day, how great would that be? To be able to go to a wedding to celebrate such a great event in someone's life and dress to the nines, WOW. And I would not be one of those girls taking my heels off at the first chance.

suchacutie
01-20-2014, 05:47 PM
I agree with Stephanie that it would be just terrific to decide which gender I was displaying on any one day. The problem that might develop is that since my two gendered selves are very different, I'm not sure how that would work on a daily basis. Tina is leading her own life with her own projects, objectives, and personality. I think it would get confusing very fast if she tried to show up to my normal male work! I think we'd have to work out my life so that the two lives would intertwine but not overlap.

kathrynt21
01-20-2014, 05:54 PM
It would not ruin it for me AT ALL. In fact, with the prevalence of TG issues in the news now, I see that day coming and look forward to it!

Alice Torn
01-20-2014, 05:56 PM
If, in a future world, we are no lnger male, or female, and are spirit beings, no clothing will be needed! Try that on!

Dawn Gurl
01-20-2014, 06:04 PM
I only wish it would happen on this planet very soon. I hate having to hide who I am and what I enjoy. It definitely would not kill the excitement , it would enhance it !

Deedee Skyblue
01-20-2014, 06:07 PM
As long as on this other world..... there was still ice hockey... I'd be ok... and chocolate.... and all the spiders would be gone.... I hate friggin spiders!

You are such a girl!

Deedee ;)

(Sara)
01-20-2014, 06:16 PM
If womens clothing were OK to wear and nobody would judge me for the clothes that I wear, I'd be very happy. That said being a man wearing womens clothing is weird for me too, certainly for me I rather be a woman in womens clothing in future!

teri g
01-20-2014, 06:18 PM
I would enjoy it. Regardless of what the female clothing standard of the future would be, I would be wearing it, and not men's wear styled in a feminine fashion.

Erica Marie
01-20-2014, 06:38 PM
I have a sneaky feeling that even if men did wear female attire we would still have issues. Is it really the clothing or the idea of cds/tgs showing their true feelings by wearing our hair longer, full make up, boobs and the female mannerisms.

Would we yet be accepted?

Nikki A.
01-20-2014, 08:30 PM
Yes, I would love to be able to wear whatever I want whenever I want to. And if some of the fashions were designed to fit our body shapes a little better so be it.
However as CDs there is an added component that are different and wish to emulate the opposite sex (ie make-up, padding wigs etc). As long as "society" can accept this about us then this would really make me happy.

docrobbysherry
01-20-2014, 08:47 PM
What if we were all made of chocolate? Would we still go out and sunbathe?

Seriously? If I lived on another planet, I wouldn't be posting here!

Eryn
01-20-2014, 09:03 PM
It would be great if anyone could wear what they want and interact in the way that they desire.

It isn't just the clothes for me, it's the interaction. Some (not all) GGs enjoy wearing pretty, attractive outfits. It is perfectly acceptable for them to discuss, compliment, and appreciate each other's fashions, and to say so out loud. No such privilege exists for GMs. If a male compliments another male's items or manner of dress it is viewed as a sign of potential deviance by either gender.

BLUE ORCHID
01-20-2014, 09:27 PM
Hi Jaymee, If it becomes normal then we will not be able to push the envelope.

Adriana Moretti
01-20-2014, 09:44 PM
It would make it alot easier thats for sure.....we can dream can't we

Ally 2112
01-20-2014, 10:55 PM
i would still wear dresess or skirts or what ever .But ya have to find a job that allows you to dress that way (office job etc )

AmbersWife GG/SO
01-20-2014, 11:07 PM
At one point pants were "men's clothing." Somewhere a while back, women started wearing "men's pants" and the world did not come to a stop.

In ancient Rome, pants were considered women's wear and called feminalia. The only men who wore them were soldiers marching through snow.

mike~the~islandman
01-21-2014, 12:21 AM
Weren't high heels originally for men (rich, powerful ones!) ?

I'm at a point now where I just "semi-crossdress" in public all the time! My winter jacket is quite feminine, I always wear girl shirts (and due to my height, it is something of an adventure finding ones that fit well) and I wear nail polish and eyeliner or eyeshadow almost everyday. I'm always using my tokidoki crossbody purse, as well. Most people who know me (or see me) are aware I'm transitioning, I'll just never afford it, thus, I'm enjoying feeling au naturel everyday, regardless of the opinions of those who don't feel comfortable being themslves.

I guess my post is in response to in my life, it kind of is a normal, everyday thing. I'm sure people say rude comments once I'm out of range for listening, and rarely people say things to my face, but most people don't really think twice about it.

Beverley Sims
01-21-2014, 12:40 PM
I would probably find some other outlandish stunt to perform.
I would not be living on the edge any more.

I would not wear a dress designed for a man

So acceptance as you suggest may take the romance from it.
I would just want to look like a woman, and be one in appearance.
I would not want to be a man in a dress.... Yuk!.

NatalieMN
01-21-2014, 09:12 PM
I agree with others who have posted: I think that at least some of the excitement of wearing women's clothes is the fact that they are women's clothes. If it was considered "normal" or clothing was inherently gender-neutral then I believe that I may end up wearing some "women's" clothes (panties or skirts for example) but then it would be just like wearing boxers and pants right now.

Although, if I were to be transported to a place where they don't have clothing defined as men's and women's clothing and everyone can wear whatever they want, but I still came from a place where it is considered taboo, I might find it exciting at first, but I have a feeling that the novelty would wear off at some point. Still, it is fun to think about hypothetical situations like this :)

kymmieLorain
01-21-2014, 10:00 PM
As some said, A dream come true.

Kymmie

Jamsparks2003
01-21-2014, 10:21 PM
It wouldn't kill any of the excitement for me. I love the idea of having so many choices/options of clothing to wear. I get so board of having to wear pants or shorts and the same kind of tea shirts all the time. Women have an endless variety it makes me jealous!

Katehall
01-22-2014, 12:56 PM
I have to say... I love women's clothing but I'm not trying to wear the clothes I'm trying to be the woman. If it were all one then I couldn't feel the way I do now. I like the fantasy of being accepted as a women over the one clothes for all. Interesting topic though...

Kate Simmons
01-22-2014, 01:56 PM
That would open another can of worms for sure. Some may say others dress too much in "knock around" clothes and don't try to look feminine enough or say that someone looks like a "man in a dress". Wait, we have that now, so I'm not too sure what would really be gained by it. :heehee::)

VS Fan
01-22-2014, 09:16 PM
The problem I have with these scenarios is that for me it's not only about the clothes, but also about the makeup, the wig, the forms, etc - even if we all wore makeup and silver jumpsuits and everyone had long hair, I'd STILL want breasts LOL....

sometimes_miss
01-24-2014, 05:47 PM
There's no excitement in it for me; I just feel normal when I'm dressed as a girl, as opposed to feeling like I'm in some sort of costume when I'm dressed as a guy. I really miss the joyful feeling of wearing something really, really pretty, a long wig, jewelry, letting my nails grow and polishing them so carefully, the whole nine yards. OTOH, I don't miss the panic I used to feel when the doorbell rang and I was terrified that someone would see me dressed as a girl, or even worse, when the smoke alarm would go off when I was completly dressed and didn't know whether the house was really on fire and how long I would have to change before being caught in flames. Scary experiences!

lesli
01-24-2014, 06:48 PM
hi Jaymee,
there are a few lines of "unisex clothing" that are basically en femme wear for men, but i've not seen them catching on. *pout*
hugs,
lesli

KristyE
01-24-2014, 07:38 PM
I've seen a " utilikilt ", not to exciting.
Love KristyE

Wildaboutheels
01-24-2014, 07:41 PM
I can't speak for any other states, but the FACT is, in Florida men CAN wear whatever they want. Come to think of it, I have been "dressed" in other states too and never had a problem.

So which states or countries DO prohibit it might I ask?

DeeDeeB
01-24-2014, 07:59 PM
I believe it is coming. We're riding in the wake of acceptance of gay marriage. It would happen more quickly for us if we were more of us willing to force the point. Be out and be proud. True, it can be dangerous. Gays are still the number 1 target of hate crimes. We could take that statistic for our own.

But to answer the question, I would embrace the opportunity to feel free and safe to dress however I chose. Sometimes I do feel free and safe, sometimes I wonder what I was thinking. I think the difference between wanting acceptance as crossdressers and feeling it would be a damper is whether crossdressing is a fetish or a feminine personae coming out. I don't thing either is wrong or right. We need to accept ourselves for who we are and try our best to fit into society while being true to ourselves.

DeeDee :fairy1:

DeeDeeB
01-24-2014, 08:06 PM
I can't speak for any other states, but the FACT is, in Florida men CAN wear whatever they want. Come to think of it, I have been "dressed" in other states too and never had a problem.

So which states or countries DO prohibit it might I ask?

New York has added violence towards someone for their presumed gender to its list of "hate crimes" and NYC law has presumed gender as the guideline for rest room use. So, it is legal. This is a major change from years ago when it was a crime.

DeeDee :fairy1:

Jaymees22
01-25-2014, 08:50 AM
I've seen a " utilikilt ", not to exciting.
Love KristyE I've seen this too, about ten years ago, not exactly feminine, sort of odd, like a Scotsman Offroader.

sweetshauna
01-25-2014, 08:57 AM
wouldn't kill it for me,
it would set me free!

natali506
02-09-2014, 03:57 AM
How I envy you. This is my unfulfilled dream!

CarlaWestin
02-09-2014, 11:18 AM
Back on Venus my mobile home has three doors (portals). Male, Female and Other. You just choose what you need to be that day and step right out. I remember one time.............

What?

I posted that?

No way!

Neps! Neps! Neps!

Dude, I got to get back to Area 51 real fast! I'm in trouble!

Tina B.
02-09-2014, 11:59 AM
I hate to be a negative Nelly, but it's going to have to be on another planet and not this one. I was on yahoo the other day reading a great story about a 5th grade transgendered girl, that had been told she couldn't use the bathroom at school, but must use the Administrators bathroom, her parents took the school district to court and won the right for TS children to use the bathroom of the gender they identified with. I though, WOW, how great is that! Then in a weak moment I started to read the comments, now I know better, but what a downer. not one person could be happy for the child, everyone ripped in to how sick, weird, and perverted it is to let this happen.
I would love to see it be normal for either men or women to be able to shop in whatever department they want, and wear what they please. As long as we don't blend both male and female departments together, lets just keep the women's clothes, women's clothes, other wise it will confuse cross dressers like me, for me it only counts if it is women's clothes, I don't want feminine looking men's clothes, I ant the real thing. But normal, not in this country, not in this life time. Or course that's the same thing I said about pot, so I could be wrong, but I don't think so.