PDA

View Full Version : dressing at the gym

free2bejamie
01-21-2014, 09:32 PM
I recently joined a gym again in an effort to lose weight and get my girlish figure back. I was curious to know how many dress in feminine workout gear while at the gym.

MissTee
01-21-2014, 10:01 PM
Uh, not me. Sorry, but I've found most fitness facilities are filled with judgmental narcissist surrounded by mirrors. I haven't found a gym where I felt CD-ing would be even slightly accepted.

Rachel_B
01-21-2014, 10:05 PM
I had thought about joining one of those gyms that have locations all over the US. I did a 7 day trial and dressed in full VSX(for the gals that don't know, it stands for Victoria's Secret Sport) minus the shoes. I went early morning though just so I didn't make other people uncomfortable. The only thing I wasn't able to do was use the women's restroom/shower facilities even though they were single use. It was interesting to say the least but I didn't have anybody look at me any differently or hear any negative comments that suggested that I was a guy dressed in female workout clothes.

Rachael Leigh
01-21-2014, 10:10 PM
Jamie never gone to a gym dressed as such but have walked in my local park several times in my girly wear.
I have a treadmill at home and always have my racer back tops on as well as shorts or spandex shorts
I have several and love them all. Just makes me want to work harder in my workouts

Sometimes Steffi
01-21-2014, 11:23 PM
I don't go to the Gym dressed or underdressed (except toe nail polish sometimes).

I'm afraid I'd get stuffed in a locker.

Adriana Moretti
01-21-2014, 11:28 PM
i guess it depends on your confidence and how well you pass too...personally...i would never...there is a time and a place for everything...i love workout gear...in the private of my home or outdoors....but a gym....i dunno......thats just me though. Little too much testosterone in there, but if you have the confidence who is to say you shouldnt.

Rachel Morley
01-22-2014, 12:26 AM
Jamie never gone to a gym dressed as such but have walked in my local park several times in my girly wear.
Ditto for me too. Never been to the gym yet, but I do wear some fairly obvious girls' workout tees, shorts and baseball caps at the park/ranch where I jog in "girly boy mode".

Robertacd
01-22-2014, 12:31 AM
I have worn women's shorts and top to the gym before. Even wore a sports bra under darker tops a couple times.

KristinTX
01-22-2014, 12:56 AM
We don't go to the gym anymore...........but I didn't dress when we did........that doesn't mean I didn't want too! On occasion, i'd have the toes painted and almost forget when changing shoes/socks.

Have lots of fun & challenging DVDs at home.....here is a terrible quality pic from a home work out. If I did go to the gym or running outside, I'd love to wear this :) and just love the feel of yogi pants and capris too......like many have said........don't want to get everyone riled up and stuffed in a locker.

I keep my legs shaved this time of year and it's been warm enough to go running a few times in Jan here in Texas........put on my "Sweet Nothings" shapers and soccer gals soccer shorts and no one has a clue i'm 50/50 dressed.

Sorry for the pic in the mirror......it's the only pic I have in workout gear.

Rachael Leigh
01-22-2014, 01:13 AM
Yeah Kristin love the picture, I love going in the park, when it gets warmer Im going to go with some makeup on put on my ball cap and when someone walks by me I will leave them wondering lol

Beverley Sims
01-22-2014, 04:01 AM
I would not want to get thrown out in the street.
Discretion is the better part of..... something? :)

Marcelle
01-22-2014, 05:56 AM
To be honest, working out has always been a guy thing for me and I still see it that way . . . so Isha is along for the ride on this one.

Hmmm . . . possible business venture TG Fitness Centers :) Any backers out there?

Hugs

Isha

Adriana Moretti
01-22-2014, 05:57 AM
Isha...In Vegas...it might actually work!!! In fact...your own hotel would !!!!....

Marcelle
01-22-2014, 06:14 AM
Wow . . . I see a whole hotel/spa/fitness venture here. :)

Katey888
01-22-2014, 06:21 AM
Noooo - all that sweat and nice underwear (and some of it surplus to requirements....) - yeeuk!

Guy mode only for me...

I feel I might have lost some Girly Points here.... :bonk:

Katey x

Marcelle
01-22-2014, 06:26 AM
No loss of girly points from my perspective. I normally jump rope for 40 mins of cardio and doing so with breast forms is not something I want to try. Besides, my arms are too big to look even remotely girly.

Hugs

Isha

Katey888
01-22-2014, 06:29 AM
Isha - I suspect a lot of places you'd be fine - I'm convinced there's an enclave of ex-DDR women's discus throwers who defected in the 70s camped out in my local... :eek:

Katey x

prettytoes
01-22-2014, 06:31 AM
I am fortunate to have a small gym set up at home. I always workout on the elliptical or treadmill wearing a running skort, and of course a sports bra! I then move over to the Bowflex to do some toning. I also ride my bike (outside) almost every morning when it's nice out. For that I wear running capris, bright neon ankle socks, sports bra, and bright neon green running shirt. I personally would not go to a gym dressed...too many people with bad attitudes!

JaytoJillian
01-22-2014, 06:40 AM
Noooo - all that sweat and nice underwear (and some of it surplus to requirements....) - yeeuk!

Guy mode only for me... ditto for me

kimdl93
01-22-2014, 07:29 AM
I've done it a couple of times without reaction or incident.

njcddresser
01-22-2014, 07:47 AM
I work out in drab. However my painted toenails have been noticed in the locker room and I always have a pair of panties on under my shorts / work out pants

Kate Simmons
01-22-2014, 08:18 AM
It wouldn't be my first choice unless, perhaps, I owned the gym.:battingeyelashes::)

Janet Bern
01-22-2014, 12:05 PM
I wear woman's panties but that's about it.

EllieOPKS
01-22-2014, 12:18 PM
I wear panties to and from the gym. I change out of the panties and put on compression shorts. I wear girls gym shorts, the longer style and girl warm up suits that are androgynous in appearance. The only give away that the warm up suit is girls is the purple piping at the bottom of each leg. When the work out is over and I have showered its back to the panties :) .

Rachael Leigh
01-22-2014, 12:27 PM
This was my workout gear for this morning. Not usually in wig and makeup but I had been out so kept it on.

Jocelyn Quivers
01-22-2014, 01:27 PM
To be honest, working out has always been a guy thing for me and I still see it that way . . . so Isha is along for the ride on this one.

Hmmm . . . possible business venture TG Fitness Centers :) Any backers out there?

Hugs

Isha

Same here, my girl side might be the beneficiary and main backer of working out. It's still takes my male side getting sweaty and "funky like a monkey" to get that elusive feminine build.

I'm all for backing your venture Isha. I can be a TG version of Ben Stiller's Dodge Ball character!!!

Gail Marie
01-22-2014, 03:12 PM
Ummm, no.

Although I could probably pass for one of those huge "female" eastern bloc athletes. Too big, too old, very non-girly physique from decades of lifting & heavy physical work.

Now for a hike or bike ride, sure. Panties and a cami feel real nice under my rougher man-sweats!

reb.femme
01-22-2014, 05:41 PM
I would not want to get thrown out in the street.
Discretion is the better part of..... something? :)

I think thingy was the exact word you were looking for Beverley! It's the one my wife seems to think I understand, as she uses it with gay abandon.

Wouldn't go to my local gym in femme kit, unless I needed my body blackening by other people's footwear. :heehee:

Rebecca

julia marie
01-22-2014, 08:28 PM
I'd have to do not only pink workout gear, etc., but some serious makeup to get by as a woman at a gym. Give me a half hour or hour of serious workout and that makeup would be streaming down my face. I'll stick with hiking and stationary bike in the basement (in bad weather).

Carrols
01-22-2014, 09:54 PM
I’ve worn plain cotton panties under a pair of guy shorts at the gym. I don’t think I could ware enough cloths to hide a bra though. Also, I’ve been keeping my legs shaved lately and no one seems to notice.

Claire Cook
01-22-2014, 10:05 PM
When I do my yoga and stretching in the morning, it's always with a wig and forms -- to the tune of Denise Austin DVD's, love to work out with the girls. I do wear a bra when I work out at the gym in drab, so far have had no comments (but i don't use the locker room!)

Sometimes Steffi
01-22-2014, 10:07 PM

So even though I work out as a guy, I usually work out with girls. I take yoga, pilates, Body Flow, step aerobics, Body Pump and sometimes Zumba. In many of these classes I'm the only guy anomg 10 to 20+ GGs.

I also took a belly dancing class "for exercise" where I was the only guy.

Sarasometimes
01-23-2014, 10:54 AM
I use a semi-public workout room and under-dress in panties, women's Under Armor compression shorts under guy gym shorts. I'm not a gym membership type of person but if I did I would go in drab. Only exception could be if it was women only and they accepted CDer's, not likely in my area though.

free2bejamie
01-23-2014, 01:45 PM
Hi girls just an update on my gym experience. I have been twice now without incident. My hair is to about the middle of my back so no need for a wig, just had to tie it back into a pony tail so it wouldn't get caught up in any machines. Both times I wore womens yoga pants, with panties underneath, and womens tank top, without make up. I am happy to say that I didn't notice any negative looks or comments. I also used the locker room without incident just a few double takes as some guys thought initially that I was a real girl and had entered the wrong locker room. I guess people are more tolerant here, and I so love it. I hope that I continue to hear from others about their experiences and ideas on this topic. Always remember nothing ventured nothing gained.

Christie ann
01-23-2014, 01:51 PM
I have used moving comfort running shorts for years. So soft and comfy. Tops range from t-shirts to sleeveless and racer back all from the girls side of the store. No forms no wigs no makeup just me. I go in and do the treadmill and machines and usually have no strange looks. Today however one woman kept looking at me. I was assuming she just wanted to know how I kept my girlish figure...

One time a few years ago while on a business trip I did a few outdoor miles in a running skirt. Way fun!

Rachael Leigh
01-24-2014, 02:06 PM
Wore this in my workout the other day, no makeup so just a bottom shot but without a face could be a real GG.

Finally Happy
01-24-2014, 02:34 PM
Totally agree with working out as a guy. I don't know that I would look very feminine with the way I work out. Hrmm never really thought of the fact that men and women do work out very differently.

Megan Nicole
01-24-2014, 04:40 PM
I enjoy working out while dressed/underdressed. At the gym, I'll often wear one of my thin sports bras under my t-shirt, or double up on t's to aviod the possibility of straps showing with one of my thicker ones (also have to keep an eye one sweating too much and the bra outline showing, but this is usually okay). I'll also wear the compression type volleyball shorts under my regular gym shorts. I don't understand why more guys don't do this anyway as they really hold the boys in place & they aren't too hot. As a runner I often wear running ladies running tights, or capris, sports bras under shirts, etc. My variety changes depending on what I'm doing and to the casual observer I'm just a guy working out, but little do they know I'm usually wearing way more girl clothes than guy stuff. Legs are usually shaved, and sometimes even a little lite makeup. Still, I'm pretty darn good at keeping this all a secret & not even a second look. Heck, I've had 45 years of practice! Awesome feeling!

Meg

char GG
01-24-2014, 06:41 PM
I'm a GG who takes spin classes. They usually keep the room dark where I go, so if you want to fly under the radar, that may be an option. (You may want to forego the use of forms as they may fly out).