PDA

View Full Version : Teen girls

Tracii G
01-22-2014, 10:57 AM
This happened a few days ago and caught me off guard.
We all know teen girls can be brutal and very judgmental.
2 houses down the street from me there are always a group of teen girls playing outside.They have never caused any problems in any way and seem to be nice for the most part.
They have seen me in both modes and never said anything mean to me or the girl I present as sometime.
I was in 50/50 mode as far as clothes deff more on the girly side, had rolled my hair into a femme style which came out great BTW :).
My mail box is in a cluster of mailboxes closer to their house.I got my mail and one of the girls said" Hey I love your hair are you going to keep growing it out?"
I said yeah probably then one of the other girls said "cool my Dad has really long hair too" but he always wears a pony tail.Do you roll your hair?
I said yeah sometimes and her response was cool I wish my Dad would because he has really pretty hair and its a shame its always tied in a ponytail.
Nice pack of teen girls I think.

stacycoral
01-22-2014, 11:42 AM
Tracii, sounds like that went ok, the girls made nice comments to you, you are lucky to have young ladies like that around, not t other kind. hugs.

Claire Cook
01-22-2014, 11:46 AM
Tracii, It's great that they are so cool with it. It's too bad most teen girls aren't so positive in their reactions.

Karren H
01-22-2014, 11:56 AM
That was brutal! Surprised you didn't faint! lol

teri g
01-22-2014, 01:24 PM
Perhaps as a result of early and constant exposure to all forms of behavior outside of "social norms" via all manner of electronic media, crossdressing may be increasingly seen as one of the less "deviant" pursuits by the newest generation of teens. In my youth there were so many hangups, taboos and misunderstandings about gender and sexual behaviors that it's no surprise we adopted them. Maybe it's just wishful thinking but hopefully this is another sign that things are changing for the better.

Genny B
01-22-2014, 03:11 PM
I with Teri G was right, but I think the correct answer is to enjoy it now because in a couple years peer pressure will kick in another way...
Genny B

Katehall
01-22-2014, 03:31 PM
They are probably so accepting as her father dresses too. Lol maybe you should get to know your neighbor!

Tracii G
01-22-2014, 03:37 PM
I ran into a guy today that I think may be a CD,eyebrows trimmed and arched and some mascara.
His coat looked to be a ladies western style pretty much.
Saw him at Subway when I stopped to get lunch.We eyeballed each other but nothing was said.

Katey888
01-22-2014, 03:39 PM
Tracii - I was bracing for the bad punchline with the teen girls, but that was a great experience - maybe kids are getting cooler about this thing we do?

Good news!

Katey x

PaulaQ
01-22-2014, 03:41 PM
Young people today are a LOT more tolerant of gender variance. It really gives me hope for the world to see this.

That is really a lovely story Tracii.

paulaprimo
01-22-2014, 04:20 PM
BORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRING...LOL :D
as katey mentioned, i too was waiting for the punch line!
thought for sure that the one girl was gonna say, "and my daddy thinks you're SUPER HOT too" :daydreaming: which of course i would of had to agree with!
but no, another dumb hair story...as i put mine back in a poneytail... :heehee:

Tracii G
01-22-2014, 04:44 PM
Thanks for your support Paula LOL

Elisa Lace
01-22-2014, 04:56 PM
Haha. That's so great! I also think that teenagers nowadays are much more tolerant and open to differences. I'm glad it was a good experience and not a bad one as I thought would be initially.

melissalynn
01-22-2014, 06:46 PM
Based upon what I have heard out of my college age daughter's mouth, and from her social media that she tolerates me reading, I would agree the younger generation is much more tolerant of gender preferences, variants or however you want to call such things. Having said that I am not ready to discuss my situation with her.

Jenniferathome
01-22-2014, 07:11 PM
The youth of today are really changing. If you have not seen this, it is a good watch: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/kids-give-their-honest-opinions-on-gay-marriage-184642754.html

char GG
01-22-2014, 07:32 PM
My SO was at a club and a young girl, obviously early 20's, came up to her and said, "You look so pretty". The girl was very sweet. I agree that teens tend to be more tolerant of all kinds of differences. There are always katty people but for the most part, they are nice.

julia marie
01-22-2014, 08:01 PM
I admit that if I'm out shopping or just walking around I tend to avoid groups of teen girls, knowing that many can be catty or judgmental. However, I have to say that when I'm dealing with young women (teens and early 20s) like sales clerks, counter help at fast food joints, etc., they have been nothing but awesome. They address me as a woman, compliment me on jewelry, etc., and are just plain friendly. I'm convinced that they aren't just racking up sales or complying with training. I'm sure they are more accepting of differences. I'm glad that your experience went so great.

Angie G
01-22-2014, 08:05 PM
Sounds like some great kids.:hugs:
Angie

kimdl93
01-22-2014, 08:11 PM
That's a great illustration of why we need to ignore stereotypes...of anyone.

UNDERDRESSER
01-22-2014, 09:42 PM
My GF acts as a...mentor? to a group of teens, they were having a discussion about gender roles the other day, and she mentioned, "I have a friend, and he sometimes wears women's clothes" Their response? "Oh Cool!" Which oddly enough, was her response when I told her...

Tracii G
01-22-2014, 11:28 PM
All I could do was be nice to them and act normal and take it as a compliment.
We chatted for about 5 min and none were a bit snarky or catty.
I guessed they were between 12 and 15 in age.I have spoken to the Mom that lives there, she was the new neighbor that I met back in the summer one day in girl mode.
She clocked me after a min or so but was very sweet.I guess she found me mildly interesting.

Beverley Sims
01-23-2014, 06:05 AM
Tracii,
Because there is no mystery about you and you are a familiar face the pack mentality does not come out.

I have been lucky also, with young girls.